Branching Story Paths?

jmasters

Since Bioware is known for their games where your choices make a difference, I thought it would be a great idea for an eventual patch or expansion to have choices that drastically change where your personal storyline goes. I'm only a lv26 Assassin at the moment so maybe this does happen at some point, but so far it seems like I basically follow the same story as every inquisitor with minor dialog changes.

What do you guys think? Maybe even as big as playinga republic character who falls to the dark side and switches sides or the other way around? Could be done with a future expansion that lets players change factions near endgame through story but just one idea.

I think it should be a necessity. The main draw of TOR, the main thing that sets it apart from other MMOs is it's story-driven gameplay. But as is, it's exactly like a linear SP game, it's not even like a traditional RPG. You play it once, that's it, there's absolutely 0 replay value. So it's more of a gimmick then anything else. Allowing for your choices to actually mean something would be a huge plus and would personally make me immensely happy. TBH, I'd even be for 'bad ends'. You go up and act like a total ******e to some big bad sith lord, you get your *** killed and you have to reset to an earlier point.

It'd be like the good old days of SWG, you went up and /slapped Darth Vader, guess who ends up lying dead on the floor.

Allowing for your choices to actually mean something would be a huge plus and would personally make me immensely happy.

I agree. It's a fun story-driven MMO but I'd love to be able to make choices that make an impact on my character and change it so I could even roll the same class again and experience a different outcome.