Not excited about player housing.

Dropadeuce

Pre determined places to put your items and no ability to display collected gear sets and weapons. Whats the point of all the rooms? Nobody hangs out in their ship with the same options. Why would I care about player housing? It seems like a lot of dev work for very little value. Edited by Dropadeuce

Me neither. Not because of any of the things you mention, though. I couldn't give a toss about all the screamy-cry whining over hooks vs. not-hooks, or any of that malarkey.

I'm just not very interested in standing around in a house, because when all is said and done what do you actually get to do in these places other than decorate them?

I want new things to do, but hanging up my lightsabre to become an interior designer is not one of them.

Edited by PLynkes

Pre determined places to put your items and no ability to display collected gear sets and weapons. Whats the point of all the rooms? Nobody hangs out in their ship with the same options. Why would I care about player housing? It seems like a lot of dev work for very little value.

What makes you think it was a lot of dev work?

What makes you think this took the place of new story content?

From what I'm seeing, this is minor stuff, it make turn to more in the end, or it might not, but I suspect the number of devs working on this is lower than you think,

You do seem excited enough OP, about not being excited with Galactic Strongholds to make a post about it, however. So the point is .....

Reading is fundamental. Your post is nonsense.

Edited by Dropadeuce

I'm guessing that the people who see no point don't rp at all, because having a home is pretty great for that. I'm also guessing that they don't have a lot of alts or craft a lot, because the legacy storage is likely to be very helpful. One might say that legacy storage could go on ships, but if one has mail, gtn, guild bank, a shopping droid and combat dummies, the ship is getting a tad crowded. Housing can do this, add a valuable set for rp AND meet a request that's been there since beta. Not everything added to the game has to meet a need of every player. It's a big tent with needs that don't always intersect.

It would be kind of nice if people could just accept this so that every time something was added the forum didn't fill with 'my wishes are more important than your stupid wishes' threads. Because someone will always want something they didn't get and the constant bitterness and gnashing of teeth is really getting old.

We All have things we want. I want class stories, but the last thing I'm going to do is begrudge another player having a wish fulfilled. Perhaps we could be a little more generous and a little less self involved, huh?

Edited by errant_knight

Pre determined places to put your items and no ability to display collected gear sets and weapons. Whats the point of all the rooms? Nobody hangs out in their ship with the same options. Why would I care about player housing? It seems like a lot of dev work for very little value.

Let me get this straight.

You want to display your armour and weapons?

And you are upset that you can't.

But you can!

You can place your companions (and your other characters companions it would seem) wherever you want... and you can gear them however you want.

That's around 30-40 livin' statues right there!

And you can display pets and speeders too.

What else is there to display when it comes to items?

I'm guessing that the people who see no point don't rp at all, because having a home is pretty great for that. I'm also guessing that they don't have a lot of alts or craft a lot, because the legacy storage is likely to be very helpful. One might say that legacy storage could go on ships, but if one has mail, gtn, guild bank, a shopping droid and combat dummies, the ship is getting a tad crowded. Housing can do this, add a valuable set for rp AND meet a request that's been there since beta. Not everything added to the game has to meet a need of every player. It's a big tent with needs that don't always intersect.

It would be kind of nice if people could just accept this so that every time something was added the forum didn't fill with 'my wishes are more important than your stupid wishes' threads. Because someone will always want something they didn't get and the constant bitterness and gnashing of teeth is really getting old.

We All have things we want. I want class stories, but the last thing I'm going to do is begrudge another player having a wish fulfilled. Perhaps we could be a little more generous and a little less self involved, huh?

This man gets it!

I don't raid and I don't do FP's or PvP.

But you don't see me out here whining every time they implement a new Op, FP or PvP map.

I seem to recall a lot of people begging and demanding player housing awhile back. Well, for those folks, here it is. If you'd rather log out in the deserts of Tatooine, by all means knock yourself out. Nobody cares whether you use your condo or not.

I seem to recall a lot of people begging and demanding player housing awhile back. Well, for those folks, here it is. If you'd rather log out in the deserts of Tatooine, by all means knock yourself out. Nobody cares whether you use your condo or not.

I think the point is, this (housing) is all we can expect between now and October, which does suck. Housing is fine and looks robust enough to be fun for players...but for how long? I guess it'll depend on what you need to do for decorations...but if you enjoy raiding, PvP or GSF, there's not much to be excited about in the coming months.

We don't know all the details yet, neither about this nor guild ships. I suspect the people who are now so very vocal about their disinterest will be the exact same people who complain about unfair advantages if it turns out housing /guild ships give certain perks :p

Guess I'll be losing a lot of sleep now. Some random guy on the internet isn't excited about player housing. Please let me know what you're excited about it in terms of this game so I know which part of it I'm supposed to be playing.

I think the point is, this (housing) is all we can expect between now and October, which does suck. Housing is fine and looks robust enough to be fun for players...but for how long? I guess it'll depend on what you need to do for decorations...but if you enjoy raiding, PvP or GSF, there's not much to be excited about in the coming months.

And if you enjoyed Housing or RP there wasn't anything to be excited about for the past 2.5 years, I think the small percentage of players who have gotten the lion's share of the content since launch can go a few months without a new shiney.

We don't know all the details yet, neither about this nor guild ships. I suspect the people who are now so very vocal about their disinterest will be the exact same people who complain about unfair advantages if it turns out housing /guild ships give certain perks :p

That's usually the mentality behind it :eek::o:p