jumping puzzles need to stop

mwheel

jumping puzzles need to stop if want to do difficult jumps for quest I will play tomb raider jump till heart is content.I can respect jumping for data cron's because there a added bonus.ps they need shae vizla used her in all promotions wallpaper and get you to try game want to at least see her.

jumping puzzles need to stop if want to do difficult jumps for quest I will play tomb raider jump till heart is content.I can respect jumping for data cron's because there a added bonus.ps they need shae vizla used her in all promotions wallpaper and get you to try game want to at least see her.

lolwut?

What quests are you referring to? I can only think of a couple that contain any jumping, and really, it just adds to the fun and challenge. If you have some limitation or disability that makes it difficult for you to jump in game, or even if you are just too impatient, you can always take a sorc / sage friend to get you through it with their pull.

I'm going to agree with the OP. I hate the jumping in this game. It genuinely is pot luck wether I can do them or not. But I know we're in the minority.

Has not much to do with luck, it is just very unintuitive. It is overall a horrible jumping physics, but it can be figured out and you then have only the challenge to play around the bad design and not the challenge that real plattformers have, where the jumping physics is the thing that have to be good and the actual jumps should be the difficult thing, BioWare just messed that up and made it the other way around.

This game has probably the worst jump coding I've seen since EQ, (where running down a hill at 30% boosted run speed could KILL YOU). GW2 has it figured out. SWTOR? Not so much.

The Warrior charge in WoW could also kill people when using that to charge downhill... good times! The thing is some companies fix those things while others do not, and of course some companies get certain things right from the start (like jumping in GW2, even though that game has other issues, or at least had last time I played, has been quite a few months since).

I can think of lots of small jumping puzzles, like in Czerka Meltdown needing to get across a busted area, or on Makeb needing to get up the blast pipes up to the heroic 4 area.

I *like* them if they would WORK! but constantly getting stuck, lagged, latency, falling to my death through the game deciding to halt me mid jump... na it needs to get fixed or removed completely.......... while you're at it just make the datacrons / holocrons legacy-wide....

Personally I really like the jumping puzzles. I often "hike" up to the Makeb endurance datacron just for fun, helping others get there if they want to come along.

But I can appreciate the OP's frustration...when I first encountered the jumping puzzles it was a bad experience. The game engine is buggy and it's easy to get screwed by a glitch. The jumping puzzles used to make me rage like a true nerd.

I've come to enjoy them, however.

Another person who falls down in Arcanum mission? We did not have that one around for quite some time.

Personally, I almost never had any problem with jumping (besides me being a total klutz few times) in any area.

Don't care for jumping myself, especially when there is terrible mechanics for them. I'm one of those "lucky" people who suck at jumping so I can happily live my life without them :p

Old WoW guild had fun with the Thaddeus fight in Naxxramas, they knew I would spend most of it running through the acid a few times... :rolleyes:

For all you puzzle jumper lovers, get a Sega Genesis emulator, and load up "Landstalker" that one should make you happy ;)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

There are no jumping puzzles in any class stories that I know of.

I have no problem with jumping puzzles being stuck in sidequests or datacron hunts. That's why I keep a Sage around me whenever possible :D She loves jumping puzzles. I use Guardian Leap. Problems solved!

The Warrior charge in WoW could also kill people when using that to charge downhill... good times! The thing is some companies fix those things while others do not, and of course some companies get certain things right from the start (like jumping in GW2, even though that game has other issues, or at least had last time I played, has been quite a few months since).

Just to piggyback off of this - I wouldn't give two craps about the lousy coding in SWTOR if so many Datacrons (at a minimum) required you to jump, jump at the right time and jump the right height or distance. Hence why I've said, after doing them once - put them on legacy purchase.

I can think of lots of small jumping puzzles, like in Czerka Meltdown needing to get across a busted area, or on Makeb needing to get up the blast pipes up to the heroic 4 area.

I *like* them if they would WORK! but constantly getting stuck, lagged, latency, falling to my death through the game deciding to halt me mid jump... na it needs to get fixed or removed completely.......... while you're at it just make the datacrons / holocrons legacy-wide....

This is my feeling on Jumping in this game. The engine just doesn't support it very well, otherwise I wouldn't mind it.