Is there a map hack in GSF?

arkanone

Never heard of map hacks.

And frankly, I have no idea in which way such "hack" could help anyway... If I am right, "map hacks" normally refers to cheats to see the invisible, like stealthers, or unveil a warfog... which seems completely useless in GSF or it would be a very weak cheat.

What is more likely is that an highly experienced pilot faced a team who is not at his level, and was likely the only one experienced even in his own team.

When this happen the match become a mere sacrifice to "living god", if you know what I mean.

Edited by Altheran

The only thing that may looks like a 'cheat' in GSF is lag. Many time I was losing a GS but he still slugged me cause the server didn't register the LoS break in time... Server have huge problems to follow boosting ships and it creates many issues.

Never heard of map hacks.

And frankly, I have no idea in which way such "hack" could help anyway... If I am right, "map hacks" normally refers to cheats to see the invisible, like stealthers, or unveil a warfog... which seems completely useless in GSF or it would be a very weak cheat.

What is more likely is that an highly experienced pilot faced a team who is not at his level, and was likely the only one experienced even in his own team.

When this happen the match become a mere sacrifice to "living god", if you know what I mean.

Yeah I hadn't heard of it...and I don't automatically attribute a high kill count to cheating.

Too bad it was a gunship "pilot" and not someone flying a craft that shows any skill at all.

Edited by arkanone

Too bad it was a gunship "pilot" and not someone flying a craft that shows any skill at all.

What the hell is with this argument, please if its so easy to get 30 kills in any ship go do it and come back and show me. There are 4 ship classes in the game and 2(Gunship/Bomber) of them are called no skill classes, and to top it off 1 of the classes(Strike Fighter) actually isn't even that good in a competitive environment. Basically these forums are saying you either fly a scout or you're not aloud to be considered good.

What the hell is with this argument, please if its so easy to get 30 kills in any ship go do it and come back and show me. There are 4 ship classes in the game and 2(Gunship/Bomber) of them are called no skill classes, and to top it off 1 of the classes(Strike Fighter) actually isn't even that good in a competitive environment. Basically these forums are saying you either fly a scout or you're not aloud to be considered good.

My argument is even better...... T1 GS uses the two component more subject to server lag 'impossible kill shots' and T3 uses all three. Battlescout use two of them too. This IS my main problem with Gunsheeps, and Cattlescouts.

Yeah I hadn't heard of it...and I don't automatically attribute a high kill count to cheating.

Just because YOU don't have the skill to counter a gunship doesn't mean flying one takes no skill. But if you think gunships are so easy to fly, why don't you post a screenshot of 36+ kills in one?

Wow, please tone it down - if your tears were any sweeter I might get diabetes.

Anyway, I'm assuming this was the match you're talking about. There were no hacks involved, I can assure you of that, and there wasn't even a premade involved! Two of the forums' biggest bugaboos gone right there.

What happened was:

1) I got the chance to free shoot - almost no pressure until the end when 3 strikes tried chain locking me with proton, with a gunship plasma dotting me. The match was quite even all told actually. Note the position at the end - this wasn't a spawn slaughter. My team was good enough to distract the pub team, I got plenty of openings, and that was basically that.

2) I got damage overcharge - I went 8-10 straight in the middle of a furball that put our team ahead very quickly

I assume you were on the pub side. Next time you try a "callout" like this, I suggest you have the backbone to put your name out there. Shadowlands know who I am; you too scared to name yourself?

Just because YOU don't have the skill to counter a gunship doesn't mean flying one takes no skill. But if you think gunships are so easy to fly, why don't you post a screenshot of 36+ kills in one?

Let me fly with our dear Aimbot the amazing program for GunSheep... far less amazing for MissileGoat, CattleScout, Bombers, SportsCar, BattleScout, Long and close Range Laser Strike, Tank Strike or MissileSheep. I'll post you a screenshot ;)

*This post must be taken as it is.... A joke. I do know Aimbot is only a very skilled GunSheep pilot and decent pilot in every ships.*

EDIT : I've flown against Aim (Leggogurl) when he began on Jung'Ma in December-January. I have cursed him too often and he likes it ;) And through all my alts I think I have scored 10 true kills against him... 10 vs a few hundreds :o

Edited by Ryuku-sama

I have been summoned by the amount of whining in this thread. From what I can see this is nothing more then qq about gunships. So, I'll start this off with a challenge. If you think playing gunship is so easy, then you get 20+ kills in a deathmatch, screenshot it then post it here, or message me with it because this thread should die for it's worthlessness.

Now, on to the other issue. I've never heard of hacks in this game. Just the idea of people using hacks is ridiculous. I mean, it'd be so obvious. When you play in a game that someone outshines everyone then the first thing you should do is look at the name of the person. IF they are a known player on your server, which I'm pretty sure fractal/x'iao is. Also, it looks like he had to carry pretty hard in that match, so you should be congratulating him on that epic carry, not trying to crucify him for your epic failure. If you see someone smashing everyone, then SHUT HIM DOWN, don't let him kill everything then complain.

Anyway, hope this educates you whiners and complainers. Much loves to all.

This is just so well put.

Battlescout says:

"Gunships have no skill because they strike from range and I'm melee. Gunships always run when I come close because I'm super way better than them at dogfighting because they have no skill. They should dogfight me and when they lose it is because I'm better and not because I picked a ship that can do that."

"Strikes should dogfight with me more. I had a great dogfight but then he had to run away because I'm a better pilot than him. I'm so good he couldn't lock a missile!"

"Bombers are no skill because they drop aoe things and aoe things are no skill and they hit me no matter where I am but thankfully the devs nerfed the aoe so it respects antennae and tiny solar panels so bombers are ok, but I still hate all their extra health that they have because I have to use a cooldown to win."

I think this really nails it. Scouts are popular and powerful, and the tradeoffs that are made- less hull, less health- are largely able to be mitigated. Also infuriating is this junk:

> I chose the ship with the least hull.

> I chose the ship with the least shield.

> I chose the armor component that ups my dodge, instead of health or mitigation.

> I chose the shield component that reduces my shield in exchange for dodge.

>>>>>>>> I dodged a bunch of shots, but then I got hit and I died. Nerf one shots!

This is just so well put.

Battlescout says:

"Gunships have no skill because they strike from range and I'm melee. Gunships always run when I come close because I'm super way better than them at dogfighting because they have no skill. They should dogfight me and when they lose it is because I'm better and not because I picked a ship that can do that."

"Strikes should dogfight with me more. I had a great dogfight but then he had to run away because I'm a better pilot than him. I'm so good he couldn't lock a missile!"

"Bombers are no skill because they drop aoe things and aoe things are no skill and they hit me no matter where I am but thankfully the devs nerfed the aoe so it respects antennae and tiny solar panels so bombers are ok, but I still hate all their extra health that they have because I have to use a cooldown to win."

I think this really nails it. Scouts are popular and powerful, and the tradeoffs that are made- less hull, less health- are largely able to be mitigated. Also infuriating is this junk:

> I chose the ship with the least hull.

> I chose the ship with the least shield.

> I chose the armor component that ups my dodge, instead of health or mitigation.

> I chose the shield component that reduces my shield in exchange for dodge.

>>>>>>>> I dodged a bunch of shots, but then I got hit and I died. Nerf one shots!

You may be despicable, but you nailed it...

If I may add... I never run evasion build... my Directionnal BattleScout, StE Converter Sportscar and Shield Pro/Repair Drone TensorScout feel so much better in battle (Repair TensorScout not so much tho) I only ever run an evasion build on my GunSheep.. and that is if I don't run Fortress Not so Sturdy or Feedback I love to bite BattleScout in the ***.....

Wow, please tone it down - if your tears were any sweeter I might get diabetes.

Anyway, I'm assuming this was the match you're talking about. There were no hacks involved, I can assure you of that, and there wasn't even a premade involved! Two of the forums' biggest bugaboos gone right there.

What happened was:

1) I got the chance to free shoot - almost no pressure until the end when 3 strikes tried chain locking me with proton, with a gunship plasma dotting me. The match was quite even all told actually. Note the position at the end - this wasn't a spawn slaughter. My team was good enough to distract the pub team, I got plenty of openings, and that was basically that.

2) I got damage overcharge - I went 8-10 straight in the middle of a furball that put our team ahead very quickly

I assume you were on the pub side. Next time you try a "callout" like this, I suggest you have the backbone to put your name out there. Shadowlands know who I am; you too scared to name yourself?

Wow you should read my post again. But thanks for documenting this!

L2P newb - if it was so easy, let's see you do it.

Sick of the argument that GSs don't take skill. Until you can compete with the Ace gunship pilots, you're just going to continue to be seen as a whiny brat who can't compete and has to complain about how terrible they are. QQ GS HAS IZ EZ MODEZZZ!!! WAHHHH!!!

Seriously, don't post again until your ignorance fades, or until you can play the class just like those who're masters at it can - until then, you're just QQing. Get lost.

Edit: Thanks Ryuku :D

Edited by SammyGStatus

L2P newb - if it was so easy, let's see you do it.

Sick of the argument that GSs don't take skill. Until you can compete with the Ace gunship pilots, you're just going to continue to be seen as a whiny brat who can't compete and has to complain about how terrible they are. QQ GS HAS IZ EZ MODEZZZ!!! WAHHHH!!!

Seriously, don't post again until your ignorance fades, or until you can play the class just like those who're masters at it can - until then, you're just QQing. Get lost.

And you have nothing to say about me who accused you of haxxing :'( :p

Nevermind... just saw your edit.... :p

Edited by Ryuku-sama

the lesson here: don't ignore the gunships. they will own you if left alone.

that was a pretty close game actually. 50-37? good fight. i'd rather have been on the receiving end of that than won a game 50-0.

i think an 'ace' pilot is one who can excel in any class.

Edited by dancezwithnubz

Wow you should read my post again. But thanks for documenting this!

Let me break this down for you:

1) You post, implying that a gunship could get 36 kills must be hacking

2) You then dismiss my skills completely, since I'm "not really a pilot"

So, I'll repeat: what's your pilot handle? Because I would be happy to show you just how many times I can kill you without my gunship. Your call.

Cant...stop....laughing......

Nope, no maps hacks. Just the occasional all too convenient lag that some players get, which doesn't account for a high number of kills. If Xi'ao's ss is the game you are referring to, it's easy to see were things went wrong. Not an entirely lop-sided match, but that pub pilot could definitely have used more help like Xi'ao was getting from the bomber on his side.

Please show me a time when you did as much to carry your team...in any ship.

Basically these forums are saying you either fly a scout or you're not aloud to be considered good.
Put up similar numbers to that the other night in a scout, but got called bad cause all I do is farm DO's. Just can't win. Edited by ShadowsNIte

Put up similar numbers to that the other night in a scout, but got called bad cause all I do is farm DO's. Just can't win.

The problem is that you need overpowered components.

The problem is that you need mastered ships.

The problem is that you have friends.

The problem is that you don't hold still and die to terrible pilots who get farmed by anyone who knows how to fly.

Losers will whine about anything.

But I do think that Drak's point is valid (and Drak can make massive numbers in a scout)- plenty of cattlescouts mooing about how gunships are no skill, bombers are no skill, and therefore it becomes "play a scout or is bad". I do think that's a big problem in a game meant to have class diversity, because it warps perception.

Losers will whine about anything./QUOTE]

This is so true, today while watching one of my favorite shows over again (Suits), one of the main characters said "Winners don't make excuses, when the other side plays the game." and that just really made me think of GSF when he said it.

im so tired of hearing the argument that gunships take some kind of skill to fly or use or something. like it it's some kind of challenge. when gsf started out, and I got some stuff unlocked, I used my gunship for one purpose, to win.

when Tdm came out, I used my gunship for one purpose, to win.

when bombers came out, I used for one prupose during domination, to win.

I might have fun bsing around in a scout or striker, or w.e.

but when it is about completely that daily in one go, or finishing your weekly and daily at the same time. and you don't want to waste time with a loss, its up to the gunship.

they're not invincible, nor is bomber (well, when I use it with shield recovered and using a satellite for cover it seems otherwise) but I guarantee you, if you stick with something that isn't a gunship outside of tdm, or a bomber in dom. you are going to have a higher death ration than kills. unless you're up against a team of 2 ships and one guy with 4 but that's for anyone.

In fact I hate it in tdm when people use their scouts and strikers and just get killed over and over when they could use a GS, get in a position and at least get some kills before dying instead of being useless fodder. my KD in a gunship, no matter what I'm against, win or lose, is always on average, 5:1. In a bomber in domin, 4 (or 6):1

What do I need skill for when I have 2 ships that take advantage of each specific mode?

I also like scouts that think they're top stuff with burst cannons and cluster missiles hunting my gunship, but I will run away, and get my team (assuming they're playing correctly with gunships or support bombers) to peel you off and/or snipe you. and 8 times out of 10, I will live the encounter.. and probably get 2 or 3 kills while you waste your time with me. Then wonder why my team gets the win and you lose.

I could get in a fair ship, and dogfight you, but why drag my team down sacrifice and the win for that?

Those ships are OP, there's no point in arguing about that, you can argue if it right or wrong to use them, but the fact is, when you try to rack up kills in something that isn't a gunship, or trying to hold nodes in domination in something that isn't a bomber, you are gimping yourself, and more importantly, your entire team.

No one I fly with believes the balance is that dire.

No one I fly with believes that these ships "don't take skill".

But no, I'm sure your barely punctuated post makes a lot of good points in there. I guess scouts just need more buffs, yupperty skupperty!

No one I fly with believes the balance is that dire.

No one I fly with believes that these ships "don't take skill".

But no, I'm sure your overly punctuated post makes a lot of good points in there. I guess scouts just need more buffs, yupperty skupperty!

you can't buff scouts or strikers to compare to either of those type of ships because its the mechanics itself that they use that make them powerful.

It'd be like if you're playing an older final fantasy game, and you could use a character that could freely move around

the battlefield and attack at will combos as if he was in some sort of action game.

the ability to snipe (for a lot of damage to hull and shields) and the ability to drop bombs behind you while you circle a narrow objective, are simply OP, not un-fair, or impossible, just simply over-powered. The odds of the situation will generally favor you, that's why people don't like them and complain.

I do it, and I get good results. I make other people lose, that's what I want. And people (like yourself) claim that that's okay to do because you 'think' you can counter it, or beat it.. or something, which is cute really. It won't allow you to beat me and other people who realize the truth; but it's okay, really. as long as you believe in yourself, that's all that matters right?