Missions at level 55 - too hard?

LFDUVEZ

I am a veteran starfighter. I tried many of the new missions but quite frankly they are simply too hard.

Yes, i have all the "new" gear for my ship. I looked up the tips and tricks and it is still "too hard".

Am i the only one thinking this? Are there any plans on making them "easier" in the future? Are there any statistics from Bioware regarding the "participation" rate on them?

I love the starship missions but I'd like to be able to progress :(

Wrong forum... but won't hurt to answer the question though. For clarification, when you're saying you have the new gear, do you mean the grade 6 cybertech crafted stuff, or the grade 7 heroic mission stuff that costs several hundred comms (well some of it is crafted, but still requires boatloads of comms/materials)? Because the annoying thing about the heroic space missions is a lot of them are much harder than they need to be if you don't have that gear - which is almost a catch 22 since the daily mission was one of the few efficient ways to get comms before 2.8 when they were added to the GSF daily/weekly as well.

And the problem isn't that they are too hard. The issue is the ones before them were too easy. The first space missions are about right for breaking new people in to the system. But then they only have a few small jumps in difficulty - and most hard parts can be mostly nullified by an electronic warfare pod. There was really almost never a good mission that taught the value or necessity of dodging technique. - particularly dodging technique while still holding a target under fire. So basically you went from a meandering path that slowly goes up, then it stops at a steep cliff. The cliff isn't very high, but it's a large increase.

That said, the heroic space missions, like the ones before them are about practice and learning. Learn how to constantly keep moving and use the WASD to dodge even while holding a target under fire. Learn where objectives and enemies come out. And most importantly learn how the camera moves. It's your worst enemy in the heroic missions since it can cause you to get acquainted with asteroids in ways you really don't care to. The only mission I would really describe as 'hard' would be Thanium Disruption/Cha Raaba Assault. That one caused me all kinds of fits while learning it - and didn't particularly help it was one of the two missions used in the weekly so I felt obligated to try to run it.