[Guide] Commando PvE Gunnery Guide 2.8.1

The bone I'm going to pick with that guide is that it doesn't address the Gunnery rotation, only giving a priority list. Given the 8-second internal cooldown on Curtain of Fire, you want to make sure that every 6th GCD is a Grav Round, and that you use Full Auto before you proc CoF again so the proc isn't wasted.

I'd also put Demolition Round as higher priority than High Impact Bolt because even with a full 5 stacks of Charged Barrel, DR will hit much harder than HIB. Don't delay DR if at all possible.

In general, Noxxic isn't super-reliable. It tends to have old material claiming to have been updated (check out the Balance Shadow rotation on their site), execrably bad rotations (look at their Assault Vanguard rotation), and simplistic fluff like what I described above. I humbly suggest reading the guides on Dulfy.net instead.

The bone I'm going to pick with that guide is that it doesn't address the Gunnery rotation, only giving a priority list. Given the 8-second internal cooldown on Curtain of Fire, you want to make sure that every 6th GCD is a Grav Round, and that you use Full Auto before you proc CoF again so the proc isn't wasted.

I'd also put Demolition Round as higher priority than High Impact Bolt because even with a full 5 stacks of Charged Barrel, DR will hit much harder than HIB. Don't delay DR if at all possible.

In general, Noxxic isn't super-reliable. It tends to have old material claiming to have been updated (check out the Balance Shadow rotation on their site), execrably bad rotations (look at their Assault Vanguard rotation), and simplistic fluff like what I described above. I humbly suggest reading the guides on Dulfy.net instead.

Even then, dulfy makes some mistakes sometimes. For a Commando, I'd suggest this guide from Pizza'da'hutt (who has since left, but his guide is updated till 3.0 probably), and other classes have good guides around the forums as well (e.g. Vanguards can use my guides in my sig, Balance/Madness sorc/sage use Milas's guide, Balance/madness shadow/sin use MKnightRaiders guides, Infiltration can keep using dulfy.net though cause that was updated, same with scrapper/concealment and lethality/dirty fighting scoundrels, ect... - just look for the guides on the forums or by the top DPS people out there)

From the first I learned of Noxxic back when I played WoW, it's been an hilariously awful guide-site - and yet remains highly recommended and defended by its legion of die-hard dimwits. It may have been good long in the past, but I wasn't around to see it and it's been nothing but crap for the several years that I have been aware of it.

I'd recommend Dulfy or these forums as far as seeking relevant and good information. Dulfy doesn't always have things right, and neither do these forums, but they're far more reliable and trustworthy sources than Noxxic.