Stronghold Decoration Wish List

Drudenfusz

Okay, with the first glance on the future housing system here a thread to talk about reasonable decoration suggestions (sure, I would have liked too a little less hand holding and a little more freedom, but let's make the best out of what BioWare is planing)!

Of peeps and holos:

- Holograms of own characters, so that one can place a holographic stature of oneself.

- Permanent versions of the hologram teachers from the cartel market would be nice.

- An Option that we can decide that or companions will fate out and become holograms or stay fully there regardless of character one uses to visit.

- The starfighter crews as placeable decorations one can use.

- The ability to dress the NPCs we can place

- The ability that companions, NPCs, and/or holograms perform emotes.

- Would be nice to get some NPCs from the class stories also as guests one can place.

- All sorts of trainers and vendors, like the legacy starship vendor droid or the reputation vendors and plenty of NPCs from the fleet.

Of pets and mounts:

- The option to place flying pets beneith the ceiling, instead of just where thhey would normally hover.

- Cages in which I can put my pets, especially cages that can be placed at walls.

- Would really like if at least pets could be put on other decorations.

- The option to place companions or NPCs on speeder, so that it looks like they would be the pilot.

- The option to show the mounts only as hologram, maybe the starship model pets too.

About decos and utilities:

- Since it seems we do not get to place deco items on other deco items, how about giving us different heights of crate stacks?

- Maybe implement pedestals or platforms that actually have their own hooks on which one can place other stuff.

- I would like to get trashed/vandalized versions of decorations, like burned or other wise destroyed things we can find in the open world (or just that I can choose that look automatically for items I own).

- Maybe also just holographic versions of the decorations, or an option to turn deco items into holograms.

- The priority mission travel terminal would be really nice.

- All the daily mission terminals and a drop boy that takes basically everything.

- Usable MGGS panels.

- The GSF hanger terminsl.

- Training dummies.

About the stonghold in general:

- Room preview before buying.

- The option to make certain rooms unavailable even for people with key or public audience.

- A guestbook, where people who have visited can leave a message (I know, that could be horrible abused, but I like to get feedback on what people think), maybe make it optional!

So, that is just a few ideas I had, post your own below, and I might update my post here in the future when I have more ideas.

Edited by Drudenfusz

Okay, with the first glance on the future housing system here a thread to talk about reasonable decoration suggestions (sure, I would have liked too a little less hand holding and a little more freedom, but let's make the best out of what BioWare is planing)!

Of peeps and holos:

- Holograms of own characters, so that one can place a holographic stature of oneself.

- Permanent versions of the hologram teachers from the cartel market would be nice.

- An Option that we can decide that or companions will fate out and become holograms or stay fully there regardless of character one uses to visit.

- The starfighter crews as placeable decorations one can use.

- The ability to dress the NPCs we can place

- The ability that companions, NPCs, and/or holograms perform emotes.

- Would be nice to get some NPCs from the class stories also as guests one can place.

Of pets and mounts:

- The option to place flying pets beneith the ceiling, instead of just where thhey would normally hover.

- Cages in which I can put my pets, especially cages that can be placed at walls.

- Would really like if at least pets could be put on other decorations.

- The option to place companions or NPCs on speeder, so that it looks like they would be the pilot.

- The option to show the mounts only as hologram, maybe the starship model pets too.

About decorations in general:

- Since it seems we do not get to place deco items on other deco items, how about giving us different heights of crate stacks?

- Maybe implement pedestals or platforms that actually have their own hooks on which one can place other stuff.

- I would like to get trashed/vandalized versions of decorations, like burned or other wise destroyed things we can find in the open world (or just that I can choose that look automatically for items I own).

- Maybe also just holographic versions of the decorations, or an option to turn deco items into holograms.

About the stonghold in general:

- The option to make certain rooms unavailable even for people with key or public audience.

- A guestbook, where people who have visited can leave a message (I know, that could be horrible abused, but I like to get feedback on what people think), maybe make it optional!

- The option to make the stronghold open to visit by both factions or to restrict it just to one (depending on what the default should be for the public listing).

So, that is just a few ideas I had, post your own below, and I might update my post here in the future when I have more ideas.

i like the idea of putting beasts in cages, it would help give the hutt palace look. when i get my nar shaddaa house with the 5 rooms unlocked i'm going to make it look like an imperial base disguised as a hutt palace. ill put huttese rugs and imperial computers and whatnot. i would have liked to see those anti-aircraft turrets in the first Galactic Living Video on Twitch.

not interested in all of that hologram junk you spouted, but hologram models of speeders or animals could allow us to give it a museum look.

i also like your idea of having off limit rooms, i'd like to make a VIP section for special friends or guildies. i can put all of the pretty stuff over there.

Yes, if there's access settings for the strongholds, we should be able to put any specific character on lockout permanently, or on temporary lockout from 1-365 days (like for a guildie who keeps goofing off). I would kind of expect the opposite faction is automatically locked out... though I suppose there's potential to hold multi-faction PvP duel parties, so maybe it won't be automatic.

A guest book would be neat. I'm not sure if it'd be good for it to be a publicly-readable guest book, maybe it could have a "Public on/off" setting.

Dressing NPCs that are standing around our stronghold is an awesome idea. It'd be nice to be able to retrieve the items we dressed them with. And they should be wearing a default uniform if the NPC is not dressed with any item in a particular slot.

Regarding freedom of deco placement, take a look at

at 0:52... you can see the couches and chairs are at odd angles and locations which suggests free-form deco placement.

• 4 weeks later...

I love the idea of being able to place pets on decorations. For some decorations it wouldn't make sense, but I'd put one of my nekarr cats on a bed or couch, and a gizka in a fountain or something. Probably pretty complicated to program, but it would be worth it.

They might have this already, but I'd like to have a butler droid in the stronghold--like the droid in the room with the Wealthy Buyer in the Scum and Villainy Olok the Shadow fight--that sells Peppered Bantha Steaks and various drinks.