housing got decoration hooks :((

brutall

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooks ruined housing in lotro, they've ruined any excitement I had here. Extremely disappointing.

If the placement of a hook is not to your liking, there’s a good chance you’ll have the choice to swap it out for a different layout of hooks. For example, a large wall hook can almost always be replaced with arrangements of smaller hooks. The combination of nudge/rotate controls and customizable hook layouts will provide a great deal of flexibility, while also ensuring that placing decorations is intuitive and fun for all players.

This system doesn't work for you? Because, as I understand it, it allows for the freedom of placement while still providing a foundation for players who need structure.

This system doesn't work for you? Because, as I understand it, it allows for the freedom of placement while still providing a foundation for players who need structure.

No. Hooks are a terrible design.

Pity. Because I see a system that offers up flexibility that's equal to a free-placement system. But, then you can't please some folk.

Being able to change the pre-determined location from a BIG hook to a small+medium hook, is nothing like free placement. But some people are happy with anything.

Being able to change the pre-determined location from a BIG hook to a small+medium hook, is nothing like free placement. But some people are happy with anything.

agree with you. cant be that hard to let us turn of hooks and place stuff as we see fit

I'd have been very upset if they'd gone with a simple hook system. But they didn't do that. They went with a hook system that allowed for placement within an 'area', and the ability to shift from a large hook to a lot of small hooks.

Think about that for a second. You can replace one Large Hook with 8 small hooks, each with their own margins for nudging and rotation. If you can't find the perfect placement with 8 hooks in a large area, each with their own space to play with, and rotation, then you're just not trying.

And some people will complain about everything. :rolleyes:

Ever play lotro? Their housing system sucked. They used hooks. Housing, in SWTOR, was supposed to be a huge thing...it's not. Not with hooks.

You can disagree with me all you like, but this was the ONLY thing they could do to ruin housing imo...and they did it.

Ever play lotro? Their housing system sucked. They used hooks. Housing, in SWTOR, was supposed to be a huge thing...it's not. Not with hooks.

You can disagree with me all you like, but this was the ONLY thing they could do to ruin housing imo...and they did it.

I'll actually reserve my final judgement until I experience it. I'm just saying that it seems much better than what I expected.

And, no, I never played that crap. Why would I?

Except the system is completely different than LOTRO

Right, because you can turn a medium peg into 2 small ones right? It's a modified peg system and that's it. What a waste of time.

Free item placement is what they said at the bar a few weeks back...this is why NOTHING said at their bar stops should ever be taken as fact.

But hey, on the bright side, we get this for the next 3 update cycles!!!

Right, because you can turn a medium peg into 2 small ones right? It's a modified peg system and that's it. What a waste of time.

Free item placement is what they said at the bar a few weeks back...this is why NOTHING said at their bar stops should ever be taken as fact.

It might take that long to perfectly nudge everything into place. :eek:

Except it's not. You have an area to work with, with each hook, along with rotation. And no, they never said free placement, stop making stuff up.

You can also slide items around within the hook area, adjusting it so it actually overhangs other areas, if the animated gifs are any indication. If it is possible to slide items to hang 50% over the line (and I have no reason to know if you can or not, so this is speculation), you essentially have free placement with starting positions.

If sliding and rotating is more limited, then what you have is a hybrid system. Better than static hooks, and not as open as free placement. It's a blended system which, at least with what we know now, seems far better than RIFT or LOTRO.

Except it's not. You have an area to work with, with each hook, along with rotation. And no, they never said free placement, stop making stuff up.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=746929&page=2

http://42gaming.com/blog/community-cantina-q-a-with-eric-musco-los-angeles-2014.html

"Strongholds will be extremely intricate in that you will be able to place items as you see fit...This intricacy will be inherently Star Wars and will rival the housing of other games and it will very customizable.."

The only game it rivals is lotro.

Edited by TUXs

they kind of did at a QA think i saw it on dulfy . word for word you can place deco as you se fit!

http://42gaming.com/blog/community-cantina-q-a-with-eric-musco-los-angeles-2014.html

"Strongholds will be extremely intricate in that you will be able to place items as you see fit...This intricacy will be inherently Star Wars and will rival the housing of other games and it will very customizable.."

lol.... knowing is half the battle....

So, they didn't say Free Placement. Glad to see you fess up to your fibbing.