housing got decoration hooks :((

brutall

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but am not going to bash the game before its out. it might be better then what i think of it so far. but after trying wildstar housing i realy wanted freedom to place stuff where i wanted with out hooks Edited by brutall

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140702?sf28048696=1&sf28048718=1

this was a huge let down for me.

i want freedom to place stuff where i see it fit!

I don't really care so much about that what annoys me is that we have to buy access to the legacy storage from the CM that will probably be over priced or from the GTN that most definitely will be overpriced.

Placing the hooks themselves appears to be very free and open, as does adjusting the displays once they're placed on a hook. Honestly it just seems more like an interface to make things easier to set initially. Will reserve judgement until I see more but all-in-all it looks pretty good.

I don't really care so much about that what annoys me is that we have to buy access to the legacy storage from the CM that will probably be over priced or from the GTN that most definitely will be overpriced.

Or you can just craft it yourself...

Placing the hooks themselves appears to be very free and open, as does adjusting the displays once they're placed on a hook. Honestly it just seems more like an interface to make things easier to set initially. Will reserve judgement until I see more but all-in-all it looks pretty good.

Agreed. It seems like a hybrid approach of utilizing the best of both hooks and free form placement.

You seem to have missed the "from a crafter" part.

Agreed, it looks like a good compromise. Honestly, do you really need to place couches on the ceiling, or floating in the middle of the room?

Um, it states that you can get it from crafters, too. :o

Actually yes, they've confirmed that you will be able to place your pets (and vehicles, and companions) in your stronghold.

They should make it realistic and require a significant pet deposit. Nobody wants to clean those stains or replace the blinds when you move out.

And knowing the greedy GTN community in this game, it will cost, what, over 2 million, like a Black Dye? :rolleyes:

You clearly don't know the dye market. The only reason the Black/Black, Black/White, White/White dyes are so expensive is 'because' they can't be crafted by Crafters and are CM only items.

And knowing the greedy GTN community in this game, it will cost, what, over 2 million, like a Black Dye? :rolleyes:

oh because legacy storage, a one time thing that gives you a lifetime of storage between your entire legacy must not be worth a lot then. :rolleyes:

I'd be upset about the placement hooks, except you can change up the pattern of hooks to fit what you need. It's about as close to free-placement as you can get while maintaining some stability and semblance of order to the system.

I'd be upset about the placement hooks, except you can change up the pattern of hooks to fit what you need. It's about as close to free-placement as you can get while maintaining some stability and semblance of order to the system.

This is what I understood when I read it. Instead of 1 static hook you can choose between different variations of hooks.