Star Cluster vs Club Vertica: Rarity and Unlocks

To those who bought packs from the new Club Vertica,

Have the rarity and unlock prices been 'more in line' or 'more expected' as compared to earlier packs?

I, personally, am not buying any CV packs. I am showing the team a 'less than expected' purchase to be 'more in line' with my opinion of the CM at present. But that's me.

I am starting this thread to be a discussion point for how the two packs have compared or (hopefully) contrasted. And hopefully as a single-source of further feedback to the CM Team.

• Have the unlock prices been more in line with what they were before 2.8?

• Have the rarity of items been more in line with what they were before 2.8? Are we swamped with lower and supplementary crates, for example?

For those new to the issue, here are the posts from the CS and CM Team in particular:

I checked in with the CM team and it sounds like in general you will see both rarities and collections costs be a bit more expected in the Club Vertica pack!

-eric

My understanding is that rarities and collections costs will be more in line with previous packs.

-eric

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll have to wait until tomorrow at least to get a good indication on the drop rates as that is when people can put their stuff up on the GTN.

Same thing with most of the unlocks.

But early indications from people opening packs seem to be that droprates are back to normal (or at least closer to normal)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

But early indications from people opening packs seem to be that droprates are back to normal (or at least closer to normal)

I honestly don't think Bioware is 'evil, mwuhahahah,' I just think they are fallible like the rest of us.

So I hope that your post is right.

Already reports were saying that walkers weren't found in multiple hypercrates people bought and they were, mostly, full of junk.

So we're back to business as usual. Who the hell wants those pogo stick looking walkers? I know, people think they look cool....but they're not.

Glad to hear the unlock prices for the sets are 90CC. When it comes to general rarity.. I don't know. I bought 3 Hypercrates, and 12 of the packs didn't have any rare item in them at all. No armor, mount or anything other than companion gift, jawa junk and Xp boosts.

So we're back to business as usual. Who the hell wants those pogo stick looking walkers? I know, people think they look cool....but they're not.

i know some people think they're not, but they are.

Junk as in items which, when put together, won't even amount to the price of the cartel pack they were drawn from.

Oh, so you mean the way it's always been?

They are. Because I think they are cool. And I'm never wrong.

RNG is RNG is RNG but I do know one guildie who went through two hypercrates without a walker.

I KNOW his pain. 97 crates and no walker, no recharge, no Raptor and no Temple head or chest.

Edited by Elfa

I KNOW his pain. 97 crates and no walker, no recharge, no Raptor and no Temple head or chest.

97 crates? Or 97 packs?

If you bought 97 crates and didn't get any of those things, then RNG or not, I'd say there's something seriously wrong. Not to mention spending that much money on crates.

97 packs and I could maybe chalk it up to RNG, but even that's pushing it a bit in terms of what you got (or didn't get).

I definitely found the rates are much more in line with previous packs. I completed almost all of the "generic" armor sets (upper, lower, supplementary) and the unlocks were 90 cc. I also managed to get all the pieces for the Temple Guardian, which is the one I really wanted, so that was huge. Got two Raptors, and a droid officer sidecar. Plus the dice roll regen and a yellow core Hawkeye crystal. All in all, it was a very good set of packs that I opened! Very pleased.