Why does the credits cost for inventory expansion increase after buying with coins?

kaladinlol

I subscribed and used my free coins to purchase two inventory expansions and I noticed the cost went up. I understand that the cost in credits increases each time you buy with credits, but why does it increase when you buy with coins :(

If I had known that was the case, I would have bought the first 2 expansions with credits and then used my coins for the rest, since coin cost does not increase.

The credit cost depends on which row you're buying.

The higher the row number, the more credits it costs (i.e. row 6 costs more than row 5).

Better option is to buy the less expensive rows with credits and use coins on the more expensive ones.

Cargo hold works the same way.

Edited by Rankyn

If you buy the account wide upgrades though they'll count for each character, current & future. That means you can deck it out completely after saving up a while. Then you never have to unlock again.

Lyshar nailed it - in the long run, account-wide unlocks are the best, both for Cargo Bays and inventory tabs. I really recommend buying both on GTN(just watch that you're buying account-wide ones, it should be written there) - the prices are usually quite tolerable, and if you have four or eight more alts in the future(for example), they will all benefit. Edited by Kulyok

Bummer. Cheap tricks like this keep me from even spending my cartel coins, much less buying them. I feel for ya.
It's not really a trick.

This is how the game has worked since launch when credits were the only option.

The ability to unlock with coins came much later and is a far better value.