my server is empty, kinda ruining the game for me

Cycrowave

hi guys, I dont want this to sound like whinging so ill try and remain as positive as possible. I'v been having great fun with the game, I started my early access on the second day and picked a server that ended up being very busy.

Anyhow, after hitting 20 on my first character, the q's became unbearable so i took the advice bioware gave us and rerolled on a new server. Now though i find myself in a barren wasteland with very few players, a stark contrast to the bustling community I originally saw.

At level 28 im still yet to see any member of the opposing faction in the world despite exploring the map in the hope of finding someone. Pretty much every warzone is sith vs sith huttball :S

Just feels like a huge aspect of the game is missing for me, the world doesent feel alive with people.

Should i reroll or stick it out? iv not much experience with mmos or the way servers evolve so id appreciae your input.

cheers

Through experience from other MMO's I never make the mistake of leaving because of queues because I know that in just 1 to 2 weeks it'll be all worth while. Going to a low/med server at release means you are going to be in a ghost town within a month.

I'm on a full server, and I rarely see more than a handful of people. Its this incompetent phase system, and what seems to be very low server population caps. Its definitely ruining the game for a lot of people.

In my opinion, beta was a hell of a lot more fun than this...And I actually saw players there.

Edited by Thamelas

I'm on a full server, and I rarely see more than a handful of people. Its this incompetent phase system, and what seems to be very low server population caps. Its definitely ruining the game for a lot of people.

In my opinion, beta was a hell of a lot more fun than this...And I actually saw players there.

100% agree. My guild members are starting to quit because of this issue.

My brother and I have been doing the quests on Nar Shadda, we are the only two players and there isn't another instance of the planet :eek:

Its been like this the whole time we've been here, we're almost done and have leveled our crafting quite the ways.

Edited by ShetiPhian

My brother and I have been doing the quests on Nar Shadda, we are the only two players and there isn't another instance of the planet :eek:

Its been like this the whole time we've been here, we're almost done and have leveled our crafting quite the ways.

Is your server populated? That sounds pretty bad :(

Well this is a first.

Although see, it is not xmas yet... and even though it just launched... I have a feeling... this is going to get alot more big real quick.

Id stay there... and see how this goes... ONE week is NOTHING to judge pops by.

It cant get bigger if the server caps aren't increased....

We left our imperials on the full server and jumped to a normal pop server to play republic but now it always seems to be low.

We've gotten 4 player heroics almost down pat, not too often its a group wipe.

We skipped Taris due to the memory leek I read on the forums, maybe others didn't and that's why no one continued to Nar Shaddaa.

Edited by ShetiPhian

Well this is a first.

Although see, it is not xmas yet... and even though it just launched... I have a feeling... this is going to get alot more big real quick.

Id stay there... and see how this goes... ONE week is NOTHING to judge pops by.

People are being directed towards the empty servers, why would the pop explode?

The problem is everyone rolled Empire. So few of us rolled Republic. I guess they don't realize you can still be on the dark side on the republic side.

I think it is because the Republic classes aren't as interesting. Bounty Hunter > Trooper, Sith Inquis > Consular in terms of popularity

well thanks for the advice guys. think ill keep on with my BH for now, maybe level a trooper on the side. I guess patience is key here as its still really new, the majority of the player base are still on dromund kaas/coruscant so lets give them some time to level then unleash a *****torm on them.

I went to a light to avoid queues and just cause I like less populated servers..friday night we had 10-20 people on the fleet.. 2-8 ppl on taris, and just me and my pal on nar shaddar.. i think that stretches the limits of what I was going for just a bit.. it's quite a novelty when I see another random player out questing. I follow them around for a bit and observe them.

Hard to imagine they got over 1million signed up from our servers perspective..

I have a very difficult time taking this complaint seriously.

There are servers with constant ques loaded with people. Unless you started on day one, it was very apparent which servers were full and which weren't, and from my understanding, all of the day one servers are packed.

Also, considering the game is a week old, there will be more people joining, especially after Christmas.

What I do is go on the most populated servers with the longest ques at launch of a game. Yes I have to wait long but when the servers start quieting down after a few months the people on the lower que servers are complaining about the pop while my server is super active. IMO its worth waiting in que when later on in the games life I'm actually able to play because the server I chose is healthy.

hi guys, I dont want this to sound like whinging so ill try and remain as positive as possible. I'v been having great fun with the game, I started my early access on the second day and picked a server that ended up being very busy.

Anyhow, after hitting 20 on my first character, the q's became unbearable so i took the advice bioware gave us and rerolled on a new server. Now though i find myself in a barren wasteland with very few players, a stark contrast to the bustling community I originally saw.

At level 28 im still yet to see any member of the opposing faction in the world despite exploring the map in the hope of finding someone. Pretty much every warzone is sith vs sith huttball :S

Just feels like a huge aspect of the game is missing for me, the world doesent feel alive with people.

Should i reroll or stick it out? iv not much experience with mmos or the way servers evolve so id appreciae your input.

cheers

This is why a lot of us find the servers with the largest queues and go there. When people start quitting, our servers population is still high enough to get things done and not /who 1-50 and get less then 100 people at peak.