Group Finder: Match Alert Needs Moar Cowbell

Kourage

Often I find myself tabbed out reading my Facebook or these forums and I completely miss the sound it makes when a match has been found. It's a very faint sound, almost like turning a page in a book. It needs to be much louder & noticeable! If you're on the fleet, you probably have a lot of other sounds coming from other players that easily cover it up. Also, I often find myself waiting on someone else to click it. They usually say they never heard it either. When you wait 45 mins to an hour & a half, you should get a much more noticeable alert. Loud cowbells for all I care.

Because it takes forever till a group matches, I do the dishes and other stuff, while listing the group finder.

And so I often miss the sound.

Right. It should be more noticeable.

Like the PVP que sound, which you clearly notice.

Ffffffft.

Ffffffffftttttt.

Who thought this would be a good sound, for anything!? It isn't.

I know BioWare expects us to sit infront of the computer, staring on the screen, waiting for the group finder, doing nothing else... for an hour or more...

Edited by discbox

I did wonder why the sound was so quiet. I'm used to WoW's which is very loud and if you have background sound enabled its pretty much next to nil for you to miss it.

So come on Bioware, can we get like some with a little more pizzazz?

Often I find myself tabbed out reading my Facebook or these forums and I completely miss the sound it makes when a match has been found. It's a very faint sound, almost like turning a page in a book. It needs to be much louder & noticeable! If you're on the fleet, you probably have a lot of other sounds coming from other players that easily cover it up. Also, I often find myself waiting on someone else to click it. They usually say they never heard it either. When you wait 45 mins to an hour & a half, you should get a much more noticeable alert. Loud cowbells for all I care.
Sign me up on this, too.

I've missed a few groups due to being alt-tabbed out of the game, waiting.

I'm absolutely for a(n optional) loud sound here, too. I often browse GTN/crafting windows while waiting, and my screen is so full of stuff I sometimes keep clicking and the group window doesn't appear, 'cause it's buried below.

Check your settings. Make sure you have the box ticked that keeps the game sound active while tabbed out. Then look at your sliders. Not sure which slider the match noise is though. You'll have to experiment.

Or do what I did and get another monitor and play the game in windowed mode so you can web surf while waiting for a pop.