My worries for the Sentinel class

But camo only purges movement impairing effects when specced combat/carnage. ;) Yes it is a good dcd, and one that would totally not fit the guardian/jugg. But 50% of it's function is in ONE tree only and the cd is ... well, lets just say this game doesn't really need any more roots/slows/stuns. ;)

No more Roots/Slows/Stuns for the other AC. Sentinel needs a single target hard stun to level the playing field against all the other ACs. The only ones that keep saying no more roots/slows/stuns don't play a Sentinel as their main and want an easy kill when the Sentinel is stun locked.

Edited by Ramtar

But camo only purges movement impairing effects when specced combat/carnage. ;) Yes it is a good dcd, and one that would totally not fit the guardian/jugg. But 50% of it's function is in ONE tree only and the cd is ... well, lets just say this game doesn't really need any more roots/slows/stuns. ;)

In all honesty I'd rather take a target drop and a stealth out for 3 seconds that comes with a 50% dmg reduction on a 45sec CD than a Leap to an ally on a 20sec CD that heals me for 2k if I have the pvp set...not to mention how in many opportunities Intercede won't get you out of range and the ranged classes attacking you can still do so.

In all honesty I'd rather take a target drop and a stealth out for 3 seconds that comes with a 50% dmg reduction on a 45sec CD than a Leap to an ally on a 20sec CD that heals me for 2k if I have the pvp set...not to mention how in many opportunities Intercede won't get you out of range and the ranged classes attacking you can still do so.

Yeah, I wouldn't want the mara to be a Juggernaught clone either.

So I still vote for these three changes:

• Kolto-Injection (passive) Adrenals, Stims and Medpacks usable when stunned.
  • Force Camouflage always purges movement impairing effects
  • Fleetfooted/Unbound 1.5/3 seconds of immunity to movement-impairs
  • Zaelous Ward / Blood Ward no longer heals on hit/1.5 but increses runspeed by 5%/10% for 20 seconds stack up to 5 times.

Some unique stuff that kind of matches the sentinel/marauder style and doesn't just copycat another class. A) helps a bit against the stundeath. B) is just baseline and needed and C) the 16% heal on 3 minutes... take em and turn it into something that lets ranges decide how to deal with it: keep firing and have him running towards you, root, or wait for ward to be off.

Edited by chillshock

Yeah, I wouldn't want the mara to be a Juggernaught clone either.

Some unique stuff that kind of matches the sentinel/marauder style and doesn't just copycat another class. A) helps a bit against the stundeath. B) is just baseline and needed and C) the 16% heal on 3 minutes... take em and turn it into something that lets ranges decide how to deal with it: keep firing and have him running towards you, root, or wait for ward to be off.

Sentinel should have access to somethings the Guardian has:

* armor debuff on Zealous Strike just like Sundering Strike

* ability to apply armor reduction to Force Sweep just like Purifying Sweep

* ability for Blade Storm to cause the target to burn

* Stasis Mastery

* Unremitting

* Force Push

* increased Armor Rating

Sentinel's trees should be:

Watchman: Combination of the DOT abilities from Guardian's Vigilance and Sentinel's Watchman

Combat: Combination of single target abilities from Guardian's Vigilance and Sentinel's Combat

Focus: Combination of Guardian's Defense and Sentinel's Focus

Of course the devs are forgetting that the offhand works just like a shield generator and main hand: Combined.

The Sentinel is fine for PvE but lacks in PvP because devs don't PvP.

Edited by Ramtar

I disagree - the fewer parallels added the better: If guardian is what one likes, just play guardian.

Sentinels are NOT the same thing with two sabers!

Of course the devs are forgetting that the offhand works just like a shield generator and main hand: Combined.

Uhm. No, not really. The offhand is somethign totally different with completly different functions, animations, styles, stats. It's just something else entirely - besides from being slotted in the offhand slot.

Yes they do. They even had a livestream while doing that.

And remember:

Sentinels are NOT guardians with two sabers!

So I am actually against solutions that waters down the differences. Give creative, different solutions. Ones that emphasize the sentinels differences from the guardian, instead of making them more similar:

Sentinel: lighter armored, elusive, more brutal.

So I'd focus on: Force Camo, Breaking impairing effects and being able to do damage (get in range, get range).

* armor debuff on Zealous Strike just like Sundering Strike

Would be nice, but. Cloning Guardian, not my idea..

* ability to apply armor reduction to Force Sweep just like Purifying Sweep

Again, please dont clone Guardian stuff

* ability for Blade Storm to cause the target to burn

I would actually back this cloning idea, i want it for Watchman soooooo badly.

* Stasis Mastery

YES

* Unremitting

Combat only

* Force Push

NO

* increased Armor Rating

NO

Sentinel's trees should be:

Watchman: Combination of the DOT abilities from Guardian's Vigilance and Sentinel's Watchman

Combat: Combination of single target abilities from Guardian's Vigilance and Sentinel's Combat

Focus: Combination of Guardian's Defense and Sentinel's Focus

replies in bold

Sentinels are NOT guardians with two sabers!

Obviously you haven't seen

at 3:33 the Guardian wields a double blade and single blade. At 4:32 the Juggernaut starts wielding a 2nd single blade. At 4:58 the Juggernaut kills the Guardian with a cross slash.

So don't say Sentinels are NOT guardians with two sabers!

But yes I do - because obviously the characters in the cinematics cheat and use abilities they shouldn't have or don't use abilities they have.

So don't argue ingame classes with storyline characters from cinematics. That NEVER works.

They are the selling point characters of this MMO. None of the 3 cinematics video showed a Sentinel/Marauder. I and millions saw on youtube: Guardian, Gunslinger, Commando, Shadow, Juggernaut, Assassin, Mercenary but no true Sentinel/Marauder.

They are the selling point characters of this MMO. None of the 3 cinematics video showed a Sentinel/Marauder. I and millions saw on youtube: Guardian, Gunslinger, Commando, Shadow, Juggernaut, Assassin, Mercenary but no true Sentinel/Marauder.

Actually, they are Boss-Characters in this MMO where you find some abilities or skills that your character has. It's a bit of a weird mix or skills they have... i.e. you have the sith warrior and the jedi knight suddenly switching to two-lightsabers, even if they are clearly no marauder and start fighting with one single lightsaber. So when you later play the game after having seen the cinematics you go "oh yeah - cool - he uses thisandthatskill". And if you watch closely it's really awesome how they actually used animations close to the ones used by the characters later in the game.

I really would not refer to boss characters as 'this should work', though.

Actually, they are Boss-Characters in this MMO where you find some abilities or skills that your character has. It's a bit of a weird mix or skills they have... i.e. you have the sith warrior and the jedi knight suddenly switching to two-lightsabers, even if they are clearly no marauder and start fighting with one single lightsaber. So when you later play the game after having seen the cinematics you go "oh yeah - cool - he uses thisandthatskill". And if you watch closely it's really awesome how they actually used animations close to the ones used by the characters later in the game.

I really would not refer to boss characters as 'this should work', though.

This could be a reason why people stopped playing this class and quit the MMO because their characters couldn't do what the video was "selling".

PvP Season 2 Arena ended:

Solo: 1 Sentinel/Marauder (#36) in the top 50; 8 Sentinel/Marauder in the top 100

Group: 7 Sentinel/Marauder in the top 50; 14 Sentinel/Marauder in the top 100

IMO, Sentinel was designed as a support class for damage and utility. Medium armor with no ability to increase armor rating, long defensive cds, only 1 tree with a self heal, no hard PvP single target stun, long Focus building time are some of the reasons for Season 2 Solo Sentinel/Marauder numbers.

Edited by Ramtar

• 2 weeks later...
Well but only a handful of fullheart Sents remain in PvE hardly any new people comming up, they choose Ranged DPS or Guardians/Shadows over Sents mostly.

In PvP well, now I had 57 consequent Battlegrounds/Arenas without meeting another Sentinel. It is like 6 Sents and 4 Maras on JKS who still activly PvP. No the Sent class has the smallest Population by far, need PvP Survivability or Insane Burst DPS;-)

Guardian is significantly behind in DPS in PVE. For DPS PVP they are fine, even too good but right now they are getting towards the "bottom of the barrel zone" in PVE.

Soon Combat will parse higher than Vigilance, a spec with zero setup and lots of burst and higher mobility compared to a spec with some setup, limited burst, and crap mobility the moment the devs kill the Combat RNG. Guardians need some form of DoT buff to keep pace, same with DF Scoundrels. And don't get me started on Guardian Focus. Guardian Focus is THE lowest parsing DPS spec ingame by FAR

Edited by GrandLordMenace