New to RP

exdeusimperator

Ok so thinking of giving RP a shot. I have been playing for 2 years on Shadowlands and am hitting a wall in what I want to do in game. I'm looking to roll a toon this server but would like to join a guild that will help me do the RP thing and learn the what to do. So I guess a medium to heavy RP guild that does some progression and doesn't mind if I don't use voice chat for anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Typically finding a guild that RPs and does progression is unlikely to happen as they tend to attract different players. Not to say there aren't progression raiders who also RP (I know of a very small handful), but they are very few and far between. You're probably better off figuring out which of those you want more (progression or RP) and joining a guild focusing on that aspect, then doing the other aspect on your own.

It'll probably be easier to join a progression guild and RP on your own (assuming you are a good enough player to join a progression guild) than it will be to join an RP guild and try to do progression since all of the good progression guilds don't take randoms to progression runs.

op might of found a guild by now but in case you havent here are a few things.

If you want to do progression raiding and rp i would start by looking for the raiding guilds first and then go through them to see which ones rp. There are few out there being and rp server. Also if you are new to rp id probably stay away from the heavy rp and look for a light to medium one in case you dont like it.

If you want to progression raiding though you are going to need some type of voice chat program. You dont need a mic necessarily but at least be able to hear.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

not sure if you found a guild or yet but If not then I figured I'd impart my advise. First, I want to say that you made a wise choices seeking a heavy rp guild to begin your rp career. A common misconception is that light rp is when you don't do rp a lot and heavy rp is when you do. While that is generally true, it is much much more. Heavy rp digs deep into proper etiquette, character creation, lore, and just focuses on being a respectable role player. Where as light rp doesn't do much focusing at all is well..more light. With light rp, things like lore, and specifics are not emphasized or encouraged. In some circles it is even frowned on. I'm no guild, but I am affiliated with an individual that is very knowledgeable about lore in the swtor realm. I myself am very familiar with the common rules of etiquette in rp so if you would like i could certainly teach you.