Strongholds, Bringing Open World PVP Action?

lhhgbh

I am not quite understanding if the new planetary objectives is just PVE or if it is PVP? (or both?) If Guild Ships parked overhead give buffs it would be cool if the objectives are something we fight for in PVP, PVE not so much.

GSH is going to be a PvE-only thing. They mentioned you can "conquer" planets, but only through PvE. 2.4 was the nail in the coffin for PvP IMO. I wouldn't expect anything for PvP in the near-future.

Well I doubt their will be no pvp on a pvp server with guilds fighting over that one free roaming boss, which can only be killed once every 24hours, just thinking back to Voss Worldboss for this;--)

on PVP servers it will depend on if there is a dominant faction. on POT5 there is usually around 100 on republic fleet. most people on fleet rarely go off fleet.

So basically on PVP servers we might find "accidental" open world PVP if there are objectives that are shared by both factions? Man, I was actually a little excited and thought there might be a real reason to have a guild ship besides having a "cool" place to hang out and look at trophies for 5 mins before getting bored and going back to the fleet. Whatever planetary objectives there might be will get old and not be worth doing after your guild gets whatever item or rep there is to be had.

Too bad all the PvP servers in SWTOR are dead

I am on The Bastion, admittedly the population is lower but it certainly is not dead, when I am not in pvp I am hearing my guildies on mumble queuing and going at it in there, queue is slower, but not by too much at most its 10 minutes for me.

Whatever is going on at POT5, stop projecting...

I am not quite understanding if the new planetary objectives is just PVE or if it is PVP? (or both?) If Guild Ships parked overhead give buffs it would be cool if the objectives are something we fight for in PVP, PVE not so much.

World pvp in SWTOR? Muhahaha engine.. uahamuhahahaaaaaa... in your dreams.. haha.. :p

Nerf the lame engine excuses and just give us an actual war (RvR)....with objectives and it's rewards.....Muwhahaha:). Spread us out with carrots and the pop, zerg and engine excuses be gone! Simple stuff for us old skool minds. I hope stringholds brings it. And I will pay a full year up front...he'll maybe even 2 before Camelot Unchained gets off the ground:D Edited by Josewales

I am on The Bastion, admittedly the population is lower but it certainly is not dead, when I am not in pvp I am hearing my guildies on mumble queuing and going at it in there, queue is slower, but not by too much at most its 10 minutes for me.

Whatever is going on at POT5, stop projecting...

but pot5 is the most important server EVER. if there is a problem with pot5 it is tantamount to a gamebreaking problem for all servers, because pot5 is that important.

duh