The ball is in your court BW. A plea from someone who loves this game.

Pathlight-

The current situation is eerily similar to the one 2 years ago. The first summer of Swtor was a time of mass exile from the game, terrible content drought and deafening devs silence.

Right now, most servers are losing more and more people everyday. The situation is especially dire on pvp servers (tomb of freedon nadd and pot 5 in particular).

BW seems like a deer in the headlights once again. Wildstar has accelerated this game's already well under way decrease in population.

Most of my guild has already left for WS.

I love this game, been playing it since release. I'm not in the least interested in WS or any other MMO but I will leave once I'm bored and we are getting pretty close to that.

Please, PLEASE BW, get off your collective butts and think outside the box.

Those forums are chockfull of wonderful pvp and pve suggestions and are thoroughly ignored. When we do get an answer it's mostly "wall of crazy" or "technically challenging". Common.... This is 2014. Your game is 2 years old and you haven't figured out cross-server yet ?

This game is dying and you are killing it Austin guys.

Please do something. Start by being more open and transparent and giving us some hope.

The ball is in your court BW.

If your guild left for SW dont worry before the end of the month they all will be back and will bring people with them.

WS is only a symptom. People don't leave because WS is amazing, they leave because Swtor has come to a standstill in content and devs communication.

WS is only a symptom. People don't leave because WS is amazing, they leave because Swtor has come to a standstill in content and devs communication.

Actually, people leave/stay-with MMOs for many reasons.

People need to stop using single causes as their platform to speak for the entire player base.

IMO opinion... you are falling prey to the "voices" in the gaming forum. Never a good thing to do.

Every player, myself included, would love more content and more communications. So that is a poor measure of judgment about any MMO. No MMO is everything to everyone.... and I would venture that no MMO is everything to any single person. So while we crave more.. we as humans have a responsibility to manage our own feelings and when needed, make changes to achieve what we desire. That involves moving on to new things... NOT always demanding it be served up to you for breakfast every day.

Edited by Andryah

Actually, people leave/stay MMOs for many reasons.

People need to stop using single causes as their platform to speak for the entire player base.

IMO opinion... you are falling prey to the "voices" in the gaming forum. Never a good thing to do.

I'm not disputing the fact that doom and gloom brings on more doom and gloom. However, there are also clear facts such as the very noticeable decrease in population on most servers and the even more drastic one on pvp server and such as the almost complete silence of BW on their future projects for this game or (admittedly on a more anecdotal level), my guild falling apart since people are bored.

I'm mostly into pvp and I find pvp in this game extraordinarily fun. The combat is dynamic, the classes are all a blast to play and the maps are great. Yet, with all this potential, BW has done almost nothing in more than 2 years.

I can't speak for pve as I don't raid. However, the multiple discussions on the lack of new ops and pve content speak for themselves.

I'm not asking for BW to make content faster than hardcore players can consume it. I am asking for them to talk to us more often and on a more personal level. Post into this kind of threads and let us know what they are working on and what their vision is for the game in the medium to long term.

A more attentive and talkative dev team alone would do wonders for the game.

Edited by Pathlight-

I'm not disputing the fact that doom and gloom brings on more doom and gloom. However, there are also clear facts such as the very noticeable decrease in population on most servers and the even more drastic one on pvp server and such as the almost complete silence of BW on their future projects for this game or (admittedly on a more anecdotal level), my guild falling apart since people are bored.

I'm mostly into pvp and I find pvp in this game extraordinarily fun. The combat is dynamic, the classes are all a blast to play and the maps are great. Yet, with all this potential, BW has done almost nothing in more than 2 years.

Anyone who ever picked up SWTOR for it's PvP... did not do their research IMO. I rarely play this particular MMO for the PvP. I'll do a guild sponsored PvP activity from time to time.. but I go to other MMOs for PvP. And while I agree that Bioware has not done enough for avid PvPers in this game... DUH... it's not really a PvP game...it's a PvE game with some PvP components to it.

As for server population decline..... there has been a gradual decline in server populations over the last year for sure, but it's nothing drastic on the PvE servers. Everytime someone makes that claim about server populations falling off a cliff.. I go back and run a 1 year trend at torstatus.net and lo and behold.... nope.... fairly consistent populations.... with spikes up on major patches and gradual declines from there until the next patch. In fact, someone made that claim last week, and I did exactly that.. I went and looked at the server trends for different servers. The PvP servers... have always been much lower populations then the PvE servers...notably less in fact.

The PvP servers, frankly since there is little open world PvP in this game (big clue right there that it's not a good PvP game IMO), were never going to survive in the long term. I don't really understand why SWTOR bothered to ever make PvP or RP servers.

Guilds imploding or collapsing.... totally normal in all MMOs.. for a lot of reasons. Some players play an MMO and join a guild for the short term fun and then abandon it and the guild. It is what it is. No amount of content or information sharing is going to stop that. A player is either having fun and playing actively or they are not. The worst example of this I have seen to day in MMOs was with Rift. The number of new guilds that collapsed and folded within months of that MMO launching was staggering to me. And it was not because the game was not successful, it was simply that many players do not play an MMO for the long game anymore. Console games have taught players to consume and discard, and WoW has taught MMO players to subscribe/consume/unsubscribe/rinse&repeat.

Edited by Andryah

Yeah, there's a lot of sleep-worthy new threads recently.

I'd welcome them.. if each new thread has something new to add to the discussion. But all this constant regurgitation of the same exact player narratives does get tedious.

I'd welcome them.. if each new thread has something new to add to the discussion. But all this constant regurgitation of the same exact player narratives does get tedious.

Well, on a positive note, my ignore list is getting longer as a result.

It is normal but I have never seen guilds crash so fast as they have in this game.

Did you play Rift, or Tera?, or even early Aion?

Been seeing this for years now.

In fact, it has taught me to never join newer guilds in an MMO.... new MMO or old MMO.

Edited by Andryah

It's as if the voices of 17 PvP'ers cried out at once and were silenced.

It is normal but I have never seen guilds crash so fast as they have in this game.

The vast majority of guilds are poorly conceived, poorly implemented, poorly managed, and poorly staffed. They fall apart regularly. The good ones, they keep going. But they don't just let anyone in. They often don't even actively recruit or advertise. You have to find them or know someone in them then put in a reasonable effort to even be considered for evaluation. That's part of how they stay good.

Edited by DarthTHC

Did you play Rift, or Tera?, or even early Aion?

Been seeing this for years now.

In fact, it has taught me to never join newer guilds in an MMO.... new MMO or old MMO.

Yes, I compared with all games I have played since the launch of Anarchy Online 2001

Old solid communities does not help to my knowledge, I started with 30 friends and they all except me have moved on to other games. I am not sure why I stay behind, but it is Star Wars after all....