Slicing nerf no way

MegusAlexandrus

Hmmm, im level 29 and at 300k credits with just slicing... so i think it is pretty good.

300 Credits really is not that many though, slicing at max level with 4 companions out for me atm is bringing in maybe 10k credits an hour. I don't think a lot of people even know what the true value of a credit even is atm. I'm sure in about 2 more weeks you will have tons of people that are not slicers with over 10million credits.

300 Credits really is not that many though, slicing at max level with 4 companions out for me atm is bringing in maybe 10k credits an hour. I don't think a lot of people even know what the true value of a credit even is atm. I'm sure in about 2 more weeks you will have tons of people that are not slicers with over 10million credits.

What?

At level 24, I have about 35k credits. The only things I've spent credits on are class skills, crafting skills from the trainer, and missions to support that crafting skill. 300k is almost ten times what I have. That's insane.

What?

At level 24, I have about 35k credits. The only things I've spent credits on are class skills, crafting skills from the trainer, and missions to support that crafting skill. 300k is almost ten times what I have. That's insane.

You don't have an idea what skill training and other stuff costs at the high levels. I pay 28.000 credits to train one ability at the trainer.

What?

The amount of money you bring in goes up sharply in the mid twenties. After buying the riding skill, leveling cybertech, building the mount (which is a total letdown btw) and keeping my skills up to date I was broke at the end of Nar Shaddaa. By the end of Tattooine I had 70,000 credits even with keeping the droid out on missions all the time.

I used to make like 10-30k every hour but not i'm having trouble breaking 10k an hour if i'm super lucky with 3 companions i am getting lower yields since release hit.

I am a bit sad it was a really nice and fast way of making 20k an hour which sub 30 isn't that easy to get, it meant you could buy a few extra things, at 50 it doesn't scale anymore i didn't see the need for the nerf.

Post 40 you can end up making 100k a level, mind you, skills cost up to 30k each.

I have slicing and while i have rarely been completely broke, i don't feel like i'm really that rich (level 47, slicing and cybertech maxed, scavenging almost max, 300k in the bank), and i had to wait couple levels until i could get my rank 2 piloting. i think it's largely how much effort you put into getting node and how often you send companions on slicing missions.

if yo do nothing but slice, ofcourse you get rich fast, but if you, like me, also constantly gather other resources and level a crafting profession, and are more intent on getting high level than high credits, it won't be such a huge deal.

Edited by Nyysjan

This is exactly right. People are seeing all the zeros and thinking "OMG that's so much money!". But consider this: When you start a new character and level him to ten, you're sitting at about 6-7k credits from just quest reward money and vendoring junk/greens. Think about that. To make a comparison, you'd have about 5-6 gold in the same timeframe in WoW. So in essence, 1000 credits is roughly the value of 1-2g in WoW.

If there was a profession in WoW that made 5g/hour... Not one single person would use it.

Its FoTM syndrome. You get a few people that make a fast buck and everyone else thinks its OP. Give it a month and when alot of people have all the rest of the skills maxed out and make a ton someone will cry nerf on that too.

people need to understand Nerfing anything is bad. Its like going to rehab you just trade one thing for another. So Slicing gets nerfed oh well all its doing is putting the next closesst thing on the chopping block.

Have we learned nothing from all the changes that ruined SWG and have now been plagueing WoW forthe last 2 years.

If aint broke dont fix it.

Well, right now the economy is young, there isn't much cash flowing around yet, so slicing seems relatively overpowered. You can only sell items for as much as people can afford, but npcs are only limited by what the devs decide. As people continue to make more money, however, and can afford more expensive stuff, crafters who make that stuff will benefit far more greatly than a slicer who is getting much of his/her cash from the npc economy. Right now, 300k may seem like a lot to many players, but in time with inflation, people will be selling individual items for that amount. The question is will slicing become truly underpowered, or do the devs have a way of adjusting it on the fly to be inline with the overall economy as it continues to grow?

Well, right now the economy is young, there isn't much cash flowing around yet, so slicing seems relatively overpowered. You can only sell items for as much as people can afford, but npcs are only limited by what the devs decide. As people continue to make more money, however, and can afford more expensive stuff, crafters who make that stuff will benefit far more greatly than a slicer who is getting much of his/her cash from the npc economy. Right now, 300k may seem like a lot to many players, but in time with inflation, people will be selling individual items for that amount. The question is will slicing become truly underpowered, or do the devs have a way of adjusting it on the fly to be inline with the overall economy as it continues to grow?

This is so, so right. Judging the economy (or worse yet, artificially altering it by nerding something) before people are are at max level is absurd.

It makes me think none of these people experienced an MMO launch before

The easier one can make big buck the less credits thugs can ruine the game.

So if ya wanna make big bucks slice until ya drop !

Fight gold sellers slice your self filty rich :D

Dont know if BW implanted this on purpose but if they did not they did without knowing the best move to fight gold-selling and the hacking that is most time a part off these buggers

With Artifice, I make basic Hilts (Might/Resolve 4) for 2 Rubat Crystals which I can sell at 75c a pop.

Since I can 'farm' Rubat crystals fairly easily and getting more of them through crew missions is not that expensive, I can, with two companions, easily pump out about 100 hilts per hour between them, that's 7.5k credits, completely free, for a recipy that requires 40 skill to know.

While slicing brings in more, it also does not produce anything for crafting. Or at least no materials directly usable for crafting.

That means that people who have Slicing will be using at least part of their 'easy' money buying materials or gear that other players can make much more cheaply.

And part of the 'I don't have enough money!' feeling people have comes from them buying skill-ups that ultimately only raise the damage (or healing) of that skill by 5-10 immediately after they level up, rather than waiting 'till they're half way through the level and have the money built up to actually buy those skill-ups and not be broke right away, or not buying the skill-up at all, in the case of skills where the damage increase isn't all that important (like 'slow/stun' + damage skills. The Skill up only increases damage, while the length of the cc effect stays the same, so if you only use it for that effect, there's no pressing need to up the damage).

There is nothing wrong with slicing as it is. Yes, it's a direct way to make money, but as I see it, it's a skill that allows players who don't want to get into the crafting aspect to make money with a "crafting skill." (This coming from someone who loves crafting skills)

Not the least of which, people with normal crafting skills can make their own equipment fairly cheaply, whereas slicers must make enough money to offset the cost of all the equipment they cannot buy.

My belief is that in the long run it will prove to be very subpar to normal crafting skills in income generation.

Leave it as it is for now, get a decent amount of test datat (months) before deciding whether to increase or decrease its yields.

Edited by speedymunky

I posted this on another similar thread but wanted to say it again:

IMO Slicing should make money early on. That way a person leveling doesn't have to get emersed into economy flux and AH bidding to get their way to a speeder and a few expensive leveling items. At max level it should top out and stop returning boxes or very few.

Instead of credits and schems, I think it should give random high level crafting materials and pre craftd items. Makes everything worth something, maybe a lot to you and maybe a lot to someone else without flooding the market with any credits or one type of crafting item.

Also you could then go back and send your companions on lower level short missions to make the higher yield back like you did while leveling... TO COUNTER... mission quests TIMES should be based off character levels and not the yield they return. Therefore a level 50 toon can't do level 25 slicing missions and get big yields without sacrificing a long time on the mission itself.

Slicing doesn't need a nerf... it needs to be changed in how it works. Its viable and helpful like the rest.

I don't know what people are complaining about... The nerf definitely cut back profits per hour but they're still profits to be made. Gaining about 2-4k per hour with slicing still.

If you're spending more than 1250 to send them out, or if you're sending them on the highest or lowest tier missions, you're doing it all wrong...

I am level 27 and I have just over 500k and I didn't take slicing, a proper crafting skill can net you a fortune if you know what people are going to pay a premium for.

True however your premium is going to have to go down, thanks to slicing being nerfed because I bet you, most of the people paying your premium where slicers.