What to do with Elite Comms...

MathesonWolfe

When you no longer need any more elite comms for gear, except maybe to round out a companion's gear, is there anything useful to do with them? By that I mean, like Basic Comms, one can purchase Isotope-5 and either sell it or use it for mats. Is there anything similar to buy with elites?

As a second question, I bought an elite grade implant from the vendor meaning to deconstruct it (I'm biochem obviously) and hopefully get the schematic for it. However, when I moused over the implant, it said that there was nothing to learn from deconstructing it. So I didn't do it. But do higher level things always read that way? Even though you can actually pull the schematic from it? I'm reluctant to try and waste it (even though I technically don't need it anyway).

Edited by MathesonWolfe

I usually save my Elite Comms for whenever I need to gear up an alt that recently dinged 55. There's also the possibility to buy a Mass Manipulation Generator for 350 Elite Comms and 20 Exotic Element Equalizers from the vendor in the crew skill section of the fleet (although I wouldn't recommend it if the GTN prizes for MMGs and EEEs on your server resemble the ones on TRE). Other than that there is no other use for Elite Commendations I can think of right now.

Schematics of Black Market/Verpine/Oriconian implants or earpieces cannot be learned as far as I know. Only the recipes for the gear purchased with Unassembled tokens (i.e. Arkanian/Underworld/Dread Forged) can be learned.

When you no longer need any more elite comms for gear, except maybe to round out a companion's gear, is there anything useful to do with them? By that I mean, like Basic Comms, one can purchase Isotope-5 and either sell it or use it for mats. Is there anything similar to buy with elites?

As a second question, I bought an elite grade implant from the vendor meaning to deconstruct it (I'm biochem obviously) and hopefully get the schematic for it. However, when I moused over the implant, it said that there was nothing to learn from deconstructing it. So I didn't do it. But do higher level things always read that way? Even though you can actually pull the schematic from it? I'm reluctant to try and waste it (even though I technically don't need it anyway).

When it comes to things like earpieces, implants and relics only the ones you get from unassembled tokens can give you schematics. This is of course on purpose to not make it too easy to get such items.

All in all I use elite commendations purely to equip my companions. That's really all it's useful for.

When I get to 55 these days I have 1400 warzone comms to get obroan pvp relics. They are better than arkanian and even underworld. Yes even in pve. So that covers that part. Then it's pretty easy to get arkanian gear with sm ops and I skip verpine gear and go straight for Oriconian.

The only reason I don't get stuck wondering what to do with my elite comms is because I play lots of alts so I never have more than a couple of hundred elite comms on any toon, but yeh beyond companions, elite comms are utterly useless.

Elite comms are pretty useless, at least to me. New alts and their main companions get Oricnian gear drops from DF and DP. Elite comms are just sitting there and I'm getting tired of saving them by purchashing boots and selling them back to refresh the two hour timer.

Wait, how are you guys gearing up alts when the stuff you buy from the vendor is Bind on Pickup?

You pay credits to rip the mods out, put them in legacy gear, mail them to an alt, pay credits again to rip them out of the legacy gear, then put it in your alt's gear.

It's expensive, but it gets the job done.

Edited by Khevar

If nothing else can sell to junk vendor to convert to credits after refund period ends. To do this quickly without waiting for refund period buy offhands and drop in CM crystals from collections (free modification to end refund period) then sell. doesn't get you much but better than exceeding elite comm cap

I generally saute them in lemon butter with garlic smashed taters on the side.*

* Taters not to be confused with Taiters two different things, although he may be tasty with garlic and lemon butter too

You pay credits to rip the mods out, put them in legacy gear, mail them to an alt, pay credits again to rip them out of the legacy gear, then put it in your alt's gear.

It's expensive, but it gets the job done.

I've just gotten to the point of buying a Legacy set for each toon type.

IE: My DPS Commando/Merc share 1 set of Legacy gear for them.

My Tank Vanguard/PT the same, etc...

There are a bunch of Legacy sets now (Gree/Makeb/CZ/Bounty Contract) with Color packs you can make some cool sets.

It's also slight cheaper long term since you at least not ripping the mods back out of the legacy gear. (Aside from the gear cost itself)

I've just gotten to the point of buying a Legacy set for each toon type.

IE: My DPS Commando/Merc share 1 set of Legacy gear for them.

My Tank Vanguard/PT the same, etc...

It's a good idea. Unfortunately for me, I already have unique looks for my opposite-faction toons that I like, and they aren't legacy. Note the end of the world, I just pay extra for ripping mods twice. :)

Thanks Khevar. I never thought of that.

No problem! Incidentally, there's quite a few legacy sets available, you can see them here:

http://tor-fashion.com/legacy-sets/

If nothing else can sell to junk vendor to convert to credits after refund period ends. To do this quickly without waiting for refund period buy offhands and drop in CM crystals from collections (free modification to end refund period) then sell. doesn't get you much but better than exceeding elite comm cap

This is what I did for a while pre-2.0. The comms were different back then but the concept was the same: convert extra comms into credits. Except I always waited til end of refund timer.

Edited by psandak