Makeb Taxis - What's up with that???

Graydon

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because instead of going over the mountain side to get to your destination, the Thranta decides it wants to take it's sweet *** time and go the long way at a slow pace.

No reason to go in a giant slow *** circle to get places.

A sweet *** time circle ride is exactly what you need before getting ready to face...

Nomen Karr on Hutta

Silly Wrath. :D

Beautiful vistas. That's the boggle again? :D

The excruciatingly long time it takes to get from point A to point B in a game that I pay a fee to play...

A sweet *** time circle ride is exactly what you need before getting ready to face...

Nomen Karr on Hutta

Silly Wrath. :D

Don't you mean a circle-**** ? :p

THAT is priceless. When I saw it said 3:18, I though there was no way. I actually watched the whole thing to make sure. Hard to make a better argument than that.

BTW, I saw it was just posted today. Is that your video?

Yeah, that's my video. Didn't make it for this thread, but hadn't uploaded it yet and thought I might as well to post in this thread.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Proof positive that you cant please everybody all the time.

Group complains taxi drives are too long (and they really did, I remember several threads on the subject)

BW replaces long taxi rides with fade to black teleportation in newer content.

Group accuses BW of laziness for using fade to black teleports instead of long taxi rides.

And the circle is complete..

The excruciatingly long time it takes to get from point A to point B in a game that I pay a fee to play...

Don't you mean a circle-**** ? :p

Yeah, that's my video. Didn't make it for this thread, but hadn't uploaded it yet and thought I might as well to post in this thread.

the solution is no cool down when traveling between quick travel terminals without removing taxis rides that many enjoy.

the solution is no cool down when traveling between quick travel terminals without removing taxis rides that many enjoy.

except for the ones you havn't unlocked yet. Qt gets you to the terminal, unless you make it zero, it won't solve the problem.

except for the ones you havn't unlocked yet. Qt gets you to the terminal, unless you make it zero, it won't solve the problem.

They can unlock all the QT like they do the Taxis . other planets we have to unlock both the Taxis and QT's.

So, I'm playing one day on an alt leveling through Makeb and the game glitches on me when I jump into a taxi.

I don't get the fade out and black screen and then fade back in.

I get a zooming taxi ride instead.

Apparently, when it blacks out normally, they cut sound and speed up the transport taxi to insane speeds and it races to your destination before it fades back in at the last second and returns to 'normal' speed.

I think they instituted the quick taxis because people complained about how long it took to get anywhere with the taxis. And I agree with that sentiment. I'm not paying in order to take railroad tours of the worlds. I'm paying to play in those worlds.

But then, it's all a matter of opinion and perspective. As this thread plainly shows, the Dev can listen to the player base's issues and fix the issue in question and there will always be someone who will come along later and whine about the fact that the issue was fixed and they preferred things the old way.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't, in other words.

I finally decided to do some Makeb questing and adventuring.

The landscape is beautiful. Green mountains and blue skies.

One of my favorite experiences with the game is riding the taxis and enjoying the view of various planets.

So what the heck happened to Makeb Taxis????? Fade to black....seriously???

Lazy? Not enough $$$ and resources? What a disappointment. I would have gladly paid a few bucks for a complete planet. BW, are you seriously not collecting enough cash from your CM to fund a proper expansion? One that we pay for anyways?

I hope this is not the new norm for future expansions.

I said the same thing my first time on makeb.....very lazy & disappointing imo

I agree as well

Was my big disappointment with Makeb (which over all I loved honestly)

But you see it in this thread alone,

People moaning that other taxi rides were to long and blah blah blah

So answer to your question OP is what happened?

Instant gratification kiddies happened.

New crowd can not just enjoy the short trip

Its a bad attitude that dumbing down gaming and quality to be honest with in the entire genre

Id love to see the trips on Makeb because I agree was so well drawn and interesting

I wish Alderaan had fade to black Taxis...

Perhaps, implement a control selection in preference that taxi rides can be full ride or fade to black like Makeb, when they are a long ride. Why? For me in the beginning it is cool to look upon the awesome Vista of all these planets, but, time consuming they are. Just an idea.

Its a bad attitude that dumbing down gaming and quality to be honest with in the entire genre

You know, your point would communicate a lot better if you toned down the condescension and insults.

I agree as well

Was my big disappointment with Makeb (which over all I loved honestly)

But you see it in this thread alone,

People moaning that other taxi rides were to long and blah blah blah

So answer to your question OP is what happened?

Id love to see the trips on Makeb because I agree was so well drawn and interesting

Yeah, they should also never have let people get mounts. Lazy kids just want to go fast. And then there's sprinting. So unrealistic for characters to be sprinting everywhere, but noooo children gotta be impatient. Least they could have done is make sprinting cost lots of energy. Hell, even the run speed is a little ridiculous and should drain energy as well. But then kids would whine. Curse them for dumbing down what could have been a great scenic game if only they made it so nice leisurely walking was the main form of travel.

I finally decided to do some Makeb questing and adventuring.

The landscape is beautiful. Green mountains and blue skies.

One of my favorite experiences with the game is riding the taxis and enjoying the view of various planets.

So what the heck happened to Makeb Taxis????? Fade to black....seriously???

Lazy? Not enough $$$ and resources? What a disappointment. I would have gladly paid a few bucks for a complete planet. BW, are you seriously not collecting enough cash from your CM to fund a proper expansion? One that we pay for anyways?

I hope this is not the new norm for future expansions.

Its not lazy or resources, it was to make the taxis faster. I've had them bug on me, and the fade not happen, and all that happens is the taxi moves at super fast speed across the map. It looks pretty silly.

So, they made a decision to make the taxis fast and cover the silliness with a black fade, but actual taxi paths exist.

Perhaps, implement a control selection in preference that taxi rides can be full ride or fade to black like Makeb, when they are a long ride. Why? For me in the beginning it is cool to look upon the awesome Vista of all these planets, but, time consuming they are. Just an idea.

Would be the best solution.

the problem is this game has 1-3 hour exp buffs which I personally, like a lot of other people, use for leveling.

They are used in such a way to get the absolute maxium amount of exp possible to potentially skip as much as possible, complete a ton pvp quests on the fleet, without turning any in, get to the start of where you're going to quest next, pop the buff turn everything in and speed quest to level as fast as possible.

things like 1-3 minute loading times, and 4 min flight times soak up that times, and nothing sucks more than running out of time before you turn in a set of quests, in fact unless I'm 3 levels above where I am in my story, I won't do anything without the buff.

and that's just for leveling once I'm 55 I never have to leave the fleet for anything other than dailies again, no more loading times and traveling..NO more!

Just the thought of it makes me want to fill my pants up.. with scented perfume.

You know, your point would communicate a lot better if you toned down the condescension and insults.

meh, whey would I show anything but condescension to people I truly believe do nothing but damage the genre I have been apart of since its start?

Maybe you choose to be all fake and blah blah blah Khevar (actually you do, see it all over the forums in every thread) I choose to call it as I see it

As for insults, its not actually a insult if its true.

These kids (talking mentally not age) hurt this industry and have been hurting it for 20+ years.

This genre was originally designed on graphical immersion

Black Screens like the ones on Makeb taxis hurt immersion

Heck even EQ figured that out all those many years ago and put in loading screen fillers

It was best they could do at time because of tech level back then

Now a days there is no reason for black screen in a taxi ride

Other then kiddies complaining taxi rides take to long

Sorry if you dislike honesty but Im not going sugar coat something just to be politically correct and spare their delicate little feelings

I just say it truthfully and honestly

THIS is the problem...

Low fps? Maybe try upgrading your CPU and/or GPU.

You have QT ability. Use it wisely.

In that case I have one advice to give to you: don't ever try EVE (40+ seconds just to align your freighter to next gate)

Edited by Halinalle

meh, whey would I show anything but condescension to people I truly believe do nothing but damage the genre I have been apart of since its start?

Maybe you choose to be all fake and blah blah blah Khevar (actually you do, see it all over the forums in every thread) I choose to call it as I see it

As for insults, its not actually a insult if its true.

These kids (talking mentally not age) hurt this industry and have been hurting it for 20+ years.

This genre was originally designed on graphical immersion

Black Screens like the ones on Makeb taxis hurt immersion

Heck even EQ figured that out all those many years ago and put in loading screen fillers

It was best they could do at time because of tech level back then

Now a days there is no reason for black screen in a taxi ride

Other then kiddies complaining taxi rides take to long

Sorry if you dislike honesty but Im not going sugar coat something just to be politically correct and spare their delicate little feelings

I just say it truthfully and honestly

Grumpy old man tells truth. Forums crumble.

+10! :D

Interesting. I choose to be all fake? All over the forums in every thread?

Indulge me, if you will. What exactly are you referring to?

We've gotten into three or four arguments in different threads, and you eventually abandon each one, once I make a point you don't feel like refuting (or perhaps are unable to). Is that what you mean? Or is it something else?

Edited by Khevar

Interesting. I choose to be all fake? All over the forums in every thread?

Indulge me, if you will. What exactly are you referring to?

We've gotten into three or four arguments in different threads, and you eventually abandon each one, once I make a point you don't feel like refuting (or perhaps are unable to). Is that what you mean? Or is it something else?

Touché!

/popcorn

I wish Alderaan had fade to black Taxis...

Indeed.

But, seeing as there are two groups of players: one wanting scenic taxi rides and one wanting them shortened, I think the best solution would be making taxi rides skippable like conversations. Want to enjoy the scenery and watch players run around below you? Fine. Make yourself comfortable, hop in and enjoy the ride. Want to skip that long taxi ride because you've seen it a thousand times? Fine. Press <spacebar> and spawn at destination taxi terminal.

QoL improvement that benefits everyone. Win.