Makeb Taxis - What's up with that???

Graydon

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You support this for Voss and not the 10 hour taxi ride that is Alderaan?

Hell no. I was saying that I love the Taxi rides, regardless of the planet where I am.

I do reckon that a couple of them on Voss and Alderaan are a bit nonsensical, since you seem to walk in circles before reaching your final destination.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

What? You support this for Voss and not the 10 hour taxi ride that is Alderaan?

I like to sit back and enjoy the view. It's perty. It's immersive. Alderaan isn't going to be around forever you know.

Crap no spoiler alert! My Bad.

Yes you really should follow your own advice...

If complaints over long taxi rides was the determining factor on the fade to black, why bother with a taxi station?

Why not just direct everyone to use fast travel? If FT is on cool down, then charge the taxi price.

And don't say the taxis are for immersion....the fade to black is immersion breaking.

The original taxies were there from the start at release, as people were starting their 3rd or 4th alts and doing the same planet 3 or 4 times a year + into the life, people realized a lot of time was being wasted watching your char travel to a place you just wanted to quest. QT was a 30 minute cool down and some of those taxi rides were long.

When they released Makeb people were HAPPY (and read VERY HAPPY) to not have to sit through long taxi rides when all they wanted to do was get from A to B as quickly as possible. They really enjoyed the time savings and speed of travel being able to skip the taxi flights and just 'get where you wanted too" They have been main stays since then with new areas and expect them to be kept as is for all future expansions.

It was nothing about immersion and scenery. It was not having to waste time doing nothing while watching your taxi fly. The player base wanted it, devs implemented it and has been no problems since...until now.

I haven't read every post, so not sure if this has been posted yet. but next time you get on a taxi on Makeb...

hit alt-z as soon as you get on, before it fades to black (you'll probably want to hit alt-z again once you get off the taxi)

Edited by altaboy

I wish Alderaan had fade to black Taxis...

I wish we had a choice...

Sometimes it's nice to go for a long leasurly taxi ride (like when you have to go pee for example :p ) but sometimes you just want to get there.

If they implemented a toggle (maby press spacebar to fade to black and go "makeb-fast") that'd be perfect.

I haven't read every post, so not sure if this has been posted yet. but next time you get on a taxi on Makeb...

hit alt-z as soon as you get on, before it fades to black (you'll probably want to hit alt-z again once you get off the taxi)

Does that work?

I heard about it before but never tested it...

Does that work?

It doesn't fade to black, but the taxi ride is just as fast. The OP and the other <1% of people in the game who agree with him (and that's being generous) would still whine.

Does that work?

It doesn't fade to black, but the taxi ride is just as fast. The OP and the other <1% of people in the game who agree with him (and that's being generous) would still whine.

What Kryand said... it does work. But everything zips by so fast it's hard to get a good look at the environment.

Why? What's the problem?

getting on a thranta and traveling just bout the entire taxi chain can be a bit....slow. was one of the planets that caused people to request shorter travel times.

In most cases taxis travel the same route as the roads, so if you wouldn't want to drive it on a speeder, taking a taxi is just only slightly faster given the speed buff. On other planets, they can bypass and have a direct route but in general take same path as the roads.

What is everyone in such a hurry for to begin with?

If you have time to play an MMO, you have time to look around a bit and appreciate a planet's design.

The taxi rides on Alderaan are some of the nicest graphics in the game.

Makeb is probably the best looking planet in the game. It would have been great to actually see it from a taxi.

But I guess you need that saved 35 seconds when you have a busy MMO schedule to maintain. :rolleyes:

At first i liked Alderaan, but after playing through multiple alts, it get's old as it is a time sink. I equate it to listening to conversations in cut scenes. The first few times I watch, but after if it is a cut scene I have seen, I hit space bar to skip. The taxi rides are no different.

What is everyone in such a hurry for to begin with?

If you have time to play an MMO, you have time to look around a bit and appreciate a planet's design.

Makeb is probably the best looking planet in the game. It would have been great to actually see it from a taxi.

But I guess you need that saved 35 seconds when you have a busy MMO schedule to maintain. :rolleyes:

Because we have seen those views (literally) hundreds of times? They were really nice the first 40-60 times.

Since you mention Alderaan, I have to say that is the worst offender of the bunch. No only is is absurdly long, the taxi's do not even take the shortest route. They follow the roads exactly. So any speeder can go off the path, but the taxi's that fly higher and faster have to stick to the dirt path?

Contrast that with some speeders like the one in TfB that at least takes you on a shorter route with things you cannot see when going through otherwise.

Why? What's the problem?

Because instead of going over the mountain side to get to your destination, the Thranta decides it wants to take it's sweet *** time and go the long way at a slow pace.

No reason to go in a giant slow *** circle to get places.