Raid Finder...

SirUrza

Has anyone had any luck getting it to pop on the Republic side? Four days now, different times (almost the whole day saturday and sunday) and it never popped for me. Kind of frustrating. Edited by SirUrza

Watch Gen Chat. I'm sure you could find a group that way. I always see someone looking players to join their group. Or maybe find a guild or larger guild to get on a OP team.

Except the character I'm playing on is 52, so if I'm sitting on the fleet staring at chat, then I'm not leveling. That's why I titled this Raid finder, it's supposed to pop for 50+ and bolster for the level of the raid. I haven't seen it pop and I'm wondering if there's a better time to be trying.

Edited by SirUrza

Well there is a "raid finder" for 55 too. Waited for two days? You have done the lvl 50 dailes those two days mixed with some fps/pvp and could be 55 by now.

Was catching up on class story while waiting for the queue to pop actually. I went from 32-49 without going to any of the planets running flashpoints and figured i'd give try queuing up for raid finder while doing it now that's supposed to be working. Getting to 55 isn't the issue, it's the raid finder not popping that is.

Edited by SirUrza

Not going to get a ton of pops for Group Finder, mainly because the experience is generally abysmal. I was in two separate 55 GF Op runs last night, both of which where everyone "knew" the fight. The first, I inspected achievements, explained the fight anyway because at least one person hadn't completed it--all we had to do was kill the final boss because the group had been in progress--and after pulling, it all fell apart. Two rage quits later, it was over.

Group two was formed on Fleet for the most part, I watched them spamming chat, experienced players only, etc. I ended up in that group. As I tank, I ended up in the back interrupting casts that the DPS should have been taking care of. I end up tanking the boss and adds during the final phase when the other tank should have had the adds off elsewhere. One DPS died to derp the third time it got on him. The fourth boss was a miracle clear of well-timed cooldowns due to bad work from the other tank again. The final boss took three pulls, and after the second, there was an "lol, I've never done this before" from one of the players, despite asking before the first pull if anyone hadn't seen the fight before.

Group Finder does not often pop because people don't want to deal with the foolishness. On top of that, as seen above, people have no patience to get through the wipes that may occur with new people learning the fight. The first guy to rage quit did so because the healer was "undergeared", while wearing at worst gear one tier below what drops in the OP, and on top of that being bolstered. Such is the MMO life these days I guess.

NIce, I when to 10-55 without running any planets/class quests. All thru PvP. Having only 2 companions for crafting does kinda suck.

That's why I did the story. :)

I mean I have HK and Treek too, but I wanted them all.

Group Finder does not often pop because people don't want to deal with the foolishness. On top of that, as seen above, people have no patience to get through the wipes that may occur with new people learning the fight. The first guy to rage quit did so because the healer was "undergeared", while wearing at worst gear one tier below what drops in the OP, and on top of that being bolstered. Such is the MMO life these days I guess.

So in other words BioWare expanded raid finder for no other reason then to expanded it, not because there was any interest/demand for it? Part of the reason I leveled this character was because I am quite honestly bored with PvP and wanted to start raiding (and experience all the raids which I know is difficult at 55, I've tried on my 55 healer. :/ )

Edited by SirUrza

Group Finder does not often pop because people don't want to deal with the foolishness.

Healer in our guild (and forgive me if I am repeating a story here), joined HM TC. Her job was raid, JUGGERNAUT (this is important) off-tank and off-tank ranged. Easy-peezy right?

First adds drop (Phase 2). Tank MELTS. I mean like he was the "wicked witch of the metherfekking west Sir".

So she inspects him after the wipe. Ready?

WILLPOWER earpiece

Not one, but TWO ** DPS ** relics.

She stopped inspecting after that and called me to vent.

No one joins a queue for SM OPS

we pug 16SM then split for weekly queue. We do full runs so we would recombine as required.

Watch fleet chat. Imp fleet is very active. I can not speak for pubs.

No one joins a queue for SM OPS

we pug 16SM then split for weekly queue. We do full runs so we would recombine as required.

Watch fleet chat. Imp fleet is very active. I can not speak for pubs.

so how does that second group get going without tanks?

so how does that second group get going without tanks?

Depends on group composition. For instance, my Sin has both full HM ready tanking and DPS gear, so I could DPS for 16, then tank for 8. Juggs and PTs can also do this quite effectively due to fixes to the DPS trees for all three tanking classes. Some encounters you can get away with only one tank for the final boss, but it's not hard to make sure that you'll have two available as most require two.