Permastuck after using Scamper/Exfiltrate

TaitWatson

Hey folks!

I know that the bug that would cause you to become permanently rooted/stuck after using a dive-based ability has affected a lot of people, so I wanted to post and let you all know that we have fixed this in 2.8.1.

Super Secret Preview Patch Note:

• Using Scamper or Exfiltrate no longer causes players to become indefinitely stuck.*

-Tait

*This patch note subject to change if I don't like the wording. Or how many syllables there are. But 20 is a good number of syllables - a real solid choice.

*This patch note subject to change if I don't like the wording. Or how many syllables there are. But 20 is a good number of syllables - a real solid choice.

20 shall be the number of syllables that thou shalt use. Thou shall not use 21, or 19, unless it is followed by 20.

Anyone cares on fixing Force Jump for us Sentinels? Still landing anywhere but not at the target I am jumping:D

You beat me to the punch I was just about to ask this, This is extremity painful to deal with, especially in Hutball. I also noticed my Powertech has a habit of doing this in Hutball as well.

Anyone cares on fixing Force Jump for us Sentinels? Still landing anywhere but not at the target I am jumping:D

Weird...don't "Jump" when activating Force Leap - much more accurate. Still not perfect if they're moving or on a ledge, but much better.

I have no idea technically how it affects it. But it does.

• Us / ing / Scam / per / or / Ex / fil / trate / no / long / er / caus / es / play / ers / to / be / come / in / def / in / ite / ly / stuck.*

-Tait

Um..that's 24 syllables. ;)

Us / ing / Scam / per / Ex / fil / trate / no / long / er / caus / es / play / ers / to / be / come / per / ma / stuck.

Using Scamper / Exfiltrate no longer causes players to become permastuck. 20.

:D

Edited by johnatters

This. I sure am glad that the roll is getting fixed, but hasn't Force Leap/Force Charge been an issue longer? I was out in Outlaws Den dueling a sorc for fun. I was reminiscing the good days of Focus Guardian, so that was the spec that I was in. I saber throw, pop Combat Focus, Force Leap, and I'm about half way to my target, out of range to use Force Sweep. >.<

Furthermore, I'm starting to experience a lot more issues with my Jet Charge on my Shield Tech PT. Ever since the fix to Queshball to not allow Intercede to go through the enviroment, my Jet Charge is placing me halfway between my target and original starting position.

Well then clearly I need to change it to 20...somehow.

Or you write it in limerick form :D

There once was a tricky ol' stealther,

who could roll like a boss towards shelter.

But his evasion was bugged,

when kicked he got stuck,

come next patch it will finally get better.

Something like that. Struggled with the last line.

Hey folks!

I know that the bug that would cause you to become permanently rooted/stuck after using a dive-based ability has affected a lot of people, so I wanted to post and let you all know that we have fixed this in 2.8.1.

Super Secret Preview Patch Note:

• Using Scamper or Exfiltrate no longer causes players to become indefinitely stuck.*

-Tait

This mood killer has been around ever since the roll abilities were first introduced in the Makeb Expansion. I don't understand how a game breaking bug can be allowed to survive in a MMO of this caliber for over a year.

My props to whoever is responsible for the fix.

Clearly the charge bug, and the operative roll bugs are all caused by terrain features in the game. They tell us not to jump when we charge, so don't roll down or up hills, or off of cliffs, and you should be good.

Obviously you don't know how the roll but works, the roll but only happens when you start to roll and then get effected by some form of physics, knock back, push, pull ect not from rolling off objects