Tomb of Sorrows Going for Server 1st NiM DF Brontes Kill

twotilmidnite

Just wanted to say, we already argued about this and you said that I didn't get carried and that I had connections. Even then, after I left pot5, I still had the exact same harbinger connections that you had, none. I went through the regular application/tryout process that any other dps who wanted to join Zorz would have gone through. Also, you're right, I don't know how to develop or lead raiders, which is why I don't do it.

You wound me. Acting like you dont know me. ppfttt. Zorz only takes players who are in the top 5% of the game, so that puts you in the top 5%!. Dont worry Mev, I dont think Zu knows how to develop raiders either. He's been trying to do PvE content for how long now?

I just like how Zu keeps underestimating the last phase.

Edited by raidmac

Just wanted to say, we already argued about this and you said that I didn't get carried and that I had connections. Even then, after I left pot5, I still had the exact same harbinger connections that you had, none. I went through the regular application/tryout process that any other dps who wanted to join Zorz would have gone through. Also, you're right, I don't know how to develop or lead raiders, which is why I don't do it.

Then stop typing as if you do.

We have been over this before, and I find it funny you would actually decide to post a comment as if you're ability to get pulled and carried through an operation somehow makes you capable of being able to determine what is logical and what isn't.

And lol Thor, sure you can. You can get pulled through and carried no problem if all you're doing is a role you're being told to do, funny how following commands of others and competency actually doesn't prove your understanding of a fight as much as you think it does.

Kind of like when AG carried me through Hateful. It was nice being on the other end, but I guess your lack of a retort proves just how little of a gap there actually is between yourself and the other good players on BC like myself.

Like I told Mev, all you are in difference to me is that you have friends who are better raiders, probably even a weaker raid leader and DPSer than I am. Remember that the next time you come back here, getting all worked up because your advice and opinion isn't as important as you think it is.

And lol, part of the reason why burn phase is so difficult is because of damage output from Brontes. Sorry buddy, but the fight has been nerfed pretty hard, mechanics and healing aren't going to be as difficult as the main check was, it's all about whether or not the DPS are going to be able to hit their numbers.

Edited by ZooMzy

We have been over this before, and I find it funny you would actually decide to post a comment as if you're ability to get pulled and carried through an operation somehow makes you capable of being able to determine what is logical and what isn't.

And lol Thor, sure you can. You can get pulled through and carried no problem if all you're doing is a role you're being told to do, funny how following commands of others and competency actually doesn't prove your understanding of a fight as much as you think it does.

Kind of like when AG carried me through Hateful. It was nice being on the other end, but I guess your lack of a retort proves just how little of a gap there actually is between yourself and the other good players on BC like myself.

Like I told Mev, all you are in difference to me is that you have friends who are better raiders, probably even a weaker raid leader and DPSer than I am. Remember that the next time you come back here, getting all worked up because your advice and opinion isn't as important as you think it is.

And lol, part of the reason why burn phase is so difficult is because of damage output from Brontes. Sorry buddy, but the fight has been nerfed pretty hard, mechanics and healing aren't going to be as difficult as the main check was, it's all about whether or not the DPS are going to be able to hit their numbers.

First of all, you were able to clear hateful entity with AG because their abundance of gear compensated for your lack of gear. Secondly, you yourself have said that we weren't arguing about whether I got carried, but that I had more and better connections, which I have negated prior to this post. Thirdly, your group was unable to down 10/10 in HM before 78 was craftable. I would say that there is clearly a lack of development there, if your dps, healers, or tanks were unable to rise to the challenge of a hard mode operation.

First of all, you were able to clear hateful entity with AG because their abundance of gear compensated for your lack of gear. Secondly, you yourself have said that we weren't arguing about whether I got carried, but that I had more and better connections, which I have negated prior to this post. Thirdly, your group was unable to down 10/10 in HM before 78 was craftable. I would say that there is clearly a lack of development there, if your dps, healers, or tanks were unable to rise to the challenge of a hard mode operation.

First of all, lol. Lack of gear is your best excuse for not being a viable player? Why don't you actually take a look at the stats that matter as a DPS, aka, "DPS" and "DTPS" (Damage Taken Per Second)?

Oh wait, you don't want to look at those numbers because despite said gear inadequacies, Thor was barely able to come out on top with his fully min maxed, Dread Forged geared Sniper to an undergeared, unoptimized, no set bonus Deception assassin. I mean really, NiM level raider with extensive experience in that fight doing an even battle in DPS with someone who had never been in the fight before nor had the min maxed stats of BiS and at the same time, was playing the arguably weakest DPS spec in the entire game for PvE? Ok, let's talk about Thor's arrogance if he follows your pattern of thought where his ignorance can be justified only because he was barely able to beat out another on multiple handicaps.

Secondly, yeah, you have gotten better connections. You have not built a raid team, nor have you put yourself in a position to lead one. All you have done is transfer servers, been competent enough to follow orders and commands, and now have some achievements because your friends were good enough to clear the content. So congrats again on your title clear, but if you're going to post ignorance and try to back it up with only achievements, then be ready to get stomped on. Because unless you've actually led a raid team to clear any content or done anything that signifies capability in understanding mechanics such as backing your nonsense up with logic instead of "I've downed it before", gg.

Finally, lol? I ran with CS during the time you seem so fondly to remember (maybe it was because you didn't like imperial second Dreadful Entity to casuals?), not ToS who is a new guild. In terms of raid accomplishments, CS was the biggest waste of my time. I raided with them more out of casual fun more than anything, I only moved to ToS after they started attempting to get more competitive and didn't like what that sort of environment that tough content presented.

Then, after joining up with ToS, we cleared HM DF and DP within a matter of 3 nights each in both operations. So before you start attempting to trash talk, you might want to take a look at the person you're attempting to argue with and realize your self created opinion of them actually isn't what is happening in the virtual world.

You know, I used to think that the reason why HM heroes would never touch NiM content was because that sort of content required at least an even mix of both skill and who your friends were. Now that I see such ignorance and arrogance being displayed by one who has NiM achievements done, I guess I was completely wrong in assuming the game is about an even mix after all.

Guess even the ignorant mediocre players can make it far whenever they make the correct friends.

First of all, lol. Lack of gear is your best excuse for not being a viable player? Why don't you actually take a look at the stats that matter as a DPS, aka, "DPS" and "DTPS" (Damage Taken Per Second)?

Oh wait, you don't want to look at those numbers because despite said gear inadequacies, Thor was barely able to come out on top with his fully min maxed, Dread Forged geared Sniper to an undergeared, unoptimized, no set bonus Deception assassin. I mean really, NiM level raider with extensive experience in that fight doing an even battle in DPS with someone who had never been in the fight before nor had the min maxed stats of BiS and at the same time, was playing the arguably weakest DPS spec in the entire game for PvE? Ok, let's talk about Thor's arrogance if he follows your pattern of thought where his ignorance can be justified only because he was barely able to beat out another on multiple handicaps.

Secondly, yeah, you have gotten better connections. You have not built a raid team, nor have you put yourself in a position to lead one. All you have done is transfer servers, been competent enough to follow orders and commands, and now have some achievements because your friends were good enough to clear the content. So congrats again on your title clear, but if you're going to post ignorance and try to back it up with only achievements, then be ready to get stomped on. Because unless you've actually led a raid team to clear any content or done anything that signifies capability in understanding mechanics such as backing your nonsense up with logic instead of "I've downed it before", gg.

Finally, lol? I ran with CS during the time you seem so fondly to remember (maybe it was because you didn't like imperial second Dreadful Entity to casuals?), not ToS who is a new guild. In terms of raid accomplishments, CS was the biggest waste of my time. I raided with them more out of casual fun more than anything, I only moved to ToS after they started attempting to get more competitive and didn't like what that sort of environment that tough content presented.

Then, after joining up with ToS, we cleared HM DF and DP within a matter of 3 nights each in both operations. So before you start attempting to trash talk, you might want to take a look at the person you're attempting to argue with and realize your self created opinion of them actually isn't what is happening in the virtual world.

You know, I used to think that the reason why HM heroes would never touch NiM content was because that sort of content required at least an even mix of both skill and who your friends were. Now that I see such ignorance and arrogance being displayed by one who has NiM achievements done, I guess I was completely wrong in assuming the game is about an even mix after all.

Guess even the ignorant mediocre players can make it far whenever they make the correct friends.

First of all, your basing thor's entire skill as a raid leader and raider on one instance in which he was on a toon that he is inferior at. Secondly, why would I be butthurt about dreadful entity? It's an easy boss. Besides, you have little to no proof that I have been carried. Your only "argument" seems to be that because I raid with the best guild in the game, I am getting carried. I didn't just server transfer to harbinger. However, admittedly, the only reason I got into chosen was through serroth, and even then I had to prove myself to raid with them for as long as I did. The same can be said about Zorz. I didn't just move over to harbinger and make friends and get in. I had to submit an application and tryout with NM DP on pts and then I moved my sniper to harbinger.

You havent touched the last phase prenref or postnerf, so I dont really know why you are acting like you know the fight. Talk **** when you beat it, until then you are just a guy talking **** without anything to back it up. The most difficult part about the fight is the orbs. Damage output from brontes was not as bad as the orbs, most groups wipe because of the orb mechanic, and not because of Brontes. You claim to be a great raidleader, but all I have seen you do is talk **** about Night, Contra Sanctus, and mostly anyone who you no longer raid with. You dont develop raiders, you joined probably the 2nd best team on the server. Mev and myself went through months of raiding with people who werent quite up to par. Mev raided with shades who constantly developed raiders and that is what I loved about them.

The first time Muse cleared SM TFB, I was there explaining the mechanics to her and her friends and I did this when I was a member of shades. Hell, I even met Mev, when he was noob(who played a shadow dps back then LOL), he can tell you about all the badgering I did to him to get better, he developed over time. Most of the players in that guild slowly improved over time, and at their peak they got server first on council, a fight that was tough to beat in 72 gear. You dont develop players, I took a group of 7 people who couldn't clear HM EC back in the day, and we slowly developed over time and went 4/5 NiM TFB. I didnt leave and talk **** about them, I stuck with them, and even to this day most of them no longer play but I keep in touch with them because of the bonds we made while doing progression. IF anyone is a guild hopper looking for better players its you, and certainly not mev.

ps this is my last post, because this will go on forever.

First of all, your basing thor's entire skill as a raid leader and raider on one instance in which he was on a toon that he is inferior at. Secondly, why would I be butthurt about dreadful entity? It's an easy boss. Besides, you have little to no proof that I have been carried. Your only "argument" seems to be that because I raid with the best guild in the game, I am getting carried. I didn't just server transfer to harbinger. However, admittedly, the only reason I got into chosen was through serroth, and even then I had to prove myself to raid with them for as long as I did. The same can be said about Zorz. I didn't just move over to harbinger and make friends and get in. I had to submit an application and tryout with NM DP on pts and then I moved my sniper to harbinger.

Kind of like how Thor saw my team run one night and started telling us an exact amount of time we needed to clear the instance? Kind of like how this whole thing basically started because Thor didn't like me proving him wrong?

Kind of how you base the skill of one raider based on the achivements they've gained from running with a team of players, without analyzing that the only skill individually that plays into that is from who raid leads? You wanted to prove yourselves by playing this game first, don't be mad because I actually know how to play it too.

As for the HE pull, lol, wut? So now he's inferior at the spec now?

And even more lolz, I was in that raid, Thor wasn't leading ****. All he was doing was DPSing on an optimally geared sniper DPS, a class that has both the best damage utility and the most advantages in the fight. But I guess you may have a point: a NiM level raider running a class that is optimal for raiding they are bad at is still bad in comparison to someone who knows where their talents lie and play their role and class well, regardless of the capability it has in comparison to others as well as their gear stats. Hey wait, weren't you just posting awhile ago that I'm a bad raider because I didn't have the same gear as Thor? And that I'm bad because I didn't have the same friends as him, or better yet, that I was playing one of the weakest specs in PvE?

And lol, again, congrats. You were competent enough to go out, do average level skill work, and get into a guild that could just tell you what to do and not have to think. You've already given me proof that you don't actually do anything hard in terms of raiding, all you do is show up and play a role. You don't lead, you don't develop players, and you don't know mechanics very well outside of command based on the ignorance over boss fight mechanics you've already displayed (remember how I basically taught you the full extent of what the HE does in gen chat, IE, how your DPS rises because of his damage reduction stacks? it's same thing your raid leader undoubtedly told you before the pull, except he probably didn't explain the actual mechanics and how they work, only just told you what to do because you lacked the intelligence and capability to lead).

You havent touched the last phase prenref or postnerf, so I dont really know why you are acting like you know the fight. Talk **** when you beat it, until then you are just a guy talking **** without anything to back it up. The most difficult part about the fight is the orbs. Damage output from brontes was not as bad as the orbs, most groups wipe because of the orb mechanic, and not because of Brontes. You claim to be a great raidleader, but all I have seen you do is talk **** about Night, Contra Sanctus, and mostly anyone who you no longer raid with. You dont develop raiders, you joined probably the 2nd best team on the server. Mev and myself went through months of raiding with people who werent quite up to par. Mev raided with shades who constantly developed raiders and that is what I loved about them.

Lmfao, really?

Take a look at all of my posts, nobody raider from Harby. You determined that I was **** talking based off of ignorance and your own petty ego, as all I have done is respectfully decline information we had learned and studied before we even went into that run. You could probably copy and paste that entire guide he posted word for word from Dulfy, not to mention the detailed explanations I have seen proven in both video clears of her pre nerf and from Drukensailor's detailed tips and tricks such as that healing debuff you seemed to have thought was so unknown by us raiders who haven't cleared the fight.

Clearing the fight and knowing the fight are two separate things, and I've already stated our weakness is in execution aka CLEARING THE FIGHT. We know it well, we have done our homework, so it's not my fault I have to tell you that we know the path, only that we now have to walk it. And make you rage because you seem to think you can't "know the path" without "walking it" first.

You don't like talking trash? Then don't come onto these forums, blatantly waving your epeen around just because someone on the Harby managed to fill that spot you couldn't complete here. You literally are nothing special in regards to a player, the only difference is that you were apart of a team that cleared the content.

Jesus, talk about arrogance. No wonder so many guilds blew up over NiM Brontes, they must've been a bunch of Thors that got bent out of shape and egotistical over getting wiped so hard rather than actually realizing your achievements in ops mean nothing in the big scope of things if you can't even relay the correct information and knowledge to people.

The first time Muse cleared SM TFB, I was there explaining the mechanics to her and her friends and I did this when I was a member of shades. Hell, I even met Mev, when he was noob(who played a shadow dps back then LOL), he can tell you about all the badgering I did to him to get better, he developed over time. Most of the players in that guild slowly improved over time, and at their peak they got server first on council, a fight that was tough to beat in 72 gear. You dont develop players, I took a group of 7 people who couldn't clear HM EC back in the day, and we slowly developed over time and went 4/5 NiM TFB. I didnt leave and talk **** about them, I stuck with them, and even to this day most of them no longer play but I keep in touch with them because of the bonds we made while doing progression. IF anyone is a guild hopper looking for better players its you, and certainly not mev.

ps this is my last post, because this will go on forever.

Lmfao, please.

The only one here I am **** talking is you. I didn't say one negative thing about Contra as people or as individuals: I even told you flat out that I didn't raid with them because they were the best. I raided with them because I liked the casual atmosphere they brought, and for a time, they played and developed under my leadership in an area where casual and competitive mentalities can exist together without being destructive.

Problem is, that wall happened to be at HM Brontes and Council for them. To which, I presented a choice as to what they wanted to do: clear content and be the best, or stay casual and continue to have a chill time in the ops content. Personally I didn't mind either choice that was made, they were my friends and people I liked to play the game with. But the problem existed because the difficulty they had reached called for someone who was more competitive than a casual, and we could no longer advance in the game with the mentality that was approached with it. Thus, the raid team effectively split over both the GM's decision and a refusal to be more competitive. Out of the entire guild of players, there are only two people in there I actively have negative relations with based on my choice, as I didn't like them ignorantly blaming me for their own shortcomings when I cut them from the team.

That's why my team fell apart, actually, and why I left for ToS to help them finish out their team. Unlike Shades, where Serroth effectively bounced from server for the same reason you did: you couldn't find the right people. Your leadership and capabilities to develop players is clearly not as strong as you think, considering at the end of the day, you still quit and left to get players to fill your weak links for content clearing. Nice 4/5 NiM TFB clears, but they mean nothing considering you led a raid team for around, what, a year before giving up?

You don't develop anything, as a matter of fact. Go back to Harby, have fun clearing content with your guild, and don't come back here with an offended ego bigger than the server whenever someone around here proves they actually know **** you think you're the only one entitled to it. It's not my fault you think I'm being arrogant when I politely decline the information you seem to think is so exclusive and unknown.

Bye. To be honest, this was starting to get fun now that you brought out the Shades drama. But meh, I guess that's what happens when you seem to argue with your ego rather than your brain.

EDIT: And yeah, the price I was told from Shendu was "more than Zu paided for his Crest" whenever he was pulled into NiM Brontes and bought the Wings of the Architect on his pub toon.

Edited by ZooMzy

My advice was unsolicited, so I take no offense if it is dismissed. It is worth noting, however, that we didn't initially enter into this thread seeking to troll, as we normally do.

From my own observations (dating back to HM EC), the bulk of the time spent in progression raiding is devoted to discovering and experimenting with mechanics, and formulating a sound approach that maximizes the effectiveness of the raid group composition.

Judging from your previous entries, it looks as though you've already formulated a strategy, no? That means you've gone through the fight enough times for each member of the group to know how their class should be maximally effective vis a vis the fight mechanics. Assuming the talent is there, the execution should be straightforward.

You stated the problem was execution. I really don't see how that's a "problem" in the sense that there is an immediately applicable solution. If you've made all the tweaks to your strat, and after about an hour's worth of raiding are still not consistently getting past the six finger phase, then it seems to me that your current group simply doesn't have the collective talent for this fight. So I guess, the applicable solution would be to look for qualified players. Good luck finding that on BC. As I've stated in another thread, if you're serious about raiding, go to another server, or given EA/Bioware's lack of commitment to endgame content, play another game. At this point in time, trying to do serious progression raiding on BC in the interests of preserving "community" is a quixotic effort. Attempts and successive failures will of course be met with a generous sense of schadenfreude.

Think I'm wrong? There is a simple way to demonstrate that.

That's why my team fell apart, actually, and why I left for ToS to help them finish out their team. Unlike Shades, where Serroth effectively bounced from server for the same reason you did: you couldn't find the right people. Your leadership and capabilities to develop players is clearly not as strong as you think, considering at the end of the day, you still quit and left to get players to fill your weak links for content clearing. Nice 4/5 NiM TFB clears, but they mean nothing considering you led a raid team for around, what, a year before giving up?

To clarify, although Thorazine did transfer his Marauder to the Harbinger, he continued to raid with us on BC with his main toon until the majority of the guild made a collective decision to move to the Harbinger. Also Thor raided with the same core group of players through HM EC, HM TfB, and NiM TfB on BC. At around the release of DF/DP the majority of those players moved with him to the Harbinger where we continue to raid to this day. So...not sure where you're getting this "he quit on his team" nonsense from.

Thor you back bro? I got GM of arsenal if you want it back. Also zu if you need a new healer I'm bout to have full 180/186 set bonus gear on Lorhah. However what I do kinda depends on what cavy does since he wants to tank.

You could also end this argument by dueling each other in PVE gear since all epeen contests end with a duel.

My advice was unsolicited, so I take no offense if it is dismissed. It is worth noting, however, that we didn't initially enter into this thread seeking to troll, as we normally do.

Of course, I didn't take your initial post as an attempt to troll at all. I merely wanted to clarify that having done the homework and studying the fight from multiple clears already, this information was known to us. So I did my best to dismiss it without a show of disrespect, but because Thor was expecting a brown noser from me, he apparently got upset and claimed I displayed arrogance.

Thus, I decided to fight back and the fun began.

From my own observations (dating back to HM EC), the bulk of the time spent in progression raiding is devoted to discovering and experimenting with mechanics, and formulating a sound approach that maximizes the effectiveness of the raid group composition.

Judging from your previous entries, it looks as though you've already formulated a strategy, no? That means you've gone through the fight enough times for each member of the group to know how their class should be maximally effective vis a vis the fight mechanics. Assuming the talent is there, the execution should be straightforward.

Again, the best analogy I can place to this is "there is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path".

Unfortunately, our team is not a "true progression team" as we do homework and study most fights from YT videos, Dulfy guides, and other clears before actually taking a chance at tackling the content. Our team formed up in the dust of the progression race, as many guilds had already made full clears of the content we were progressing in because of the current time frame we were in whenever the team for ToS was completed.

By the time NiM DF had a few weeks left in its buff, our team was still in HM DF and DP, grinding out set bonus pieces for players and then having to grind out even more gear for their replacements (we have gone through a multitude of people quitting/replaced over burnouts, inability to meet standards needed, deciding the type of raiding wasn't for them, and even the usual drama between a group of people being unable to cooperate together). The only progression we managed to get in for buffed NiM DF was one night on Draxus for 2 hours, making it to wave 6 before deciding our best approach had to be the 5 DPS and 1 tank strat to burn him out of the wave asap, never having a chance to try it again before 2.8 hit.

So while you guys do progression as "true raiders", our team does not. I look more into video clears to grasp the fight as best I can, taking note of phases and the overall challenge presented in each area of the fight to assign direct responsibilities to others. Then determining where each of our members in our team are going to succeed, such as my detailing of how 2 MM snipers and a Carnage Marauder shine better in clockwork phase because of burst potential, while Madness sin is going to be a little bit weaker from the lack of burst capabilities (made the swap to Deception because our DPS was not performing up to par).

As you put more detail in below, the problem is indeed having people execute the responsibilities assigned to them. Just because the solution is simple doesn't mean the problem is easy to solve.

You stated the problem was execution. I really don't see how that's a "problem" in the sense that there is an immediately applicable solution. If you've made all the tweaks to your strat, and after about an hour's worth of raiding are still not consistently getting past the six finger phase, then it seems to me that your current group simply doesn't have the collective talent for this fight. So I guess, the applicable solution would be to look for qualified players. Good luck finding that on BC. As I've stated in another thread, if you're serious about raiding, go to another server, or given EA/Bioware's lack of commitment to endgame content, play another game. At this point in time, trying to do serious progression raiding on BC in the interests of preserving "community" is a quixotic effort. Attempts and successive failures will of course be met with a generous sense of schadenfreude.

Think I'm wrong? There is a simple way to demonstrate that.

I don't disagree. The only method of developing players is like "leading horses to water". Can't really expect much if no one is willing to admit that the mentality of a casual leads to more disaster in a progression team than any other aspect or flaw, only continue to sit and argue with anyone who is ignorant enough to defend that mentality in competitive environments.

Which, because you're making a point about how fruitless of a task it is, let me go ahead and explain a little bit about myself and how I treat the game, since a lot of people find this to be a quality about me that frustrates them the most. To be honest, I don't actively raid here on BC because I have a duty to make this community thrive for PvE. There is literally only one achievement and loot item in this game that I have ever really sought and had the immense desire to have where I would consider seeking active NiM level raiding, to which I transferred servers and paid 35 million credits to get.

Everything else is a bonus to me. I don't play this game with the intent to stay on top of everyone and to clear the most content, nor to actively follow a belief that somehow, I can turn casuals into the best raiders in the game (which, it is doable, you just have to convert them from casuals into competitive players before you start developing them).

To me, like everything I do in this game, the principle can basically be described as "striving for perfection, yet knowing perfection can never truly be obtained". Why start a race that never ends? Why put forth effort in a situation when failure is guaranteed? Why start something that is never going to end and you'll never reach the goal?

The reason why I do it, just like every other thing in this game competitively, is relatively simple: because it's fun. Because even though perfection can not be achieved, I still enjoy striving for each and every "milestone" and going "as far as I can go".

And if I can't get the support I need to reach those "milestones", then I'd rather stop and go put my focus elsewhere for a time being than completely jump ship just to find people to play with, whether than area be PvP or even RP. At the end of the day, PvE will eventually get easier. One day, NiM Brontes and NiM Dread Council will be about as difficult as SM Soa is right now, where pugs will eventually be able to just faceroll it no problem.

So why focus on downing it now? For server first? For the sake of being able to say you're the best? To gain respect from others whom you will never meet, or to put it in better perspective, never even see?

Nah, better to just gloat about those few things to others to either start a flame war or hopefully rile up the community into action, then doing it for the real purpose: for fun.

One day, NiM Brontes and NiM Dread Council will be about as difficult as SM Soa is right now, where pugs will eventually be able to just faceroll it no problem.

I still wipe on SM Soa. It's pretty tough **** tbh.

In fact, SM Soa is so hard it's why you see people going for HM and NiM. 'Cuz they can't handle SM's mechanics.