Korriban Duel

xMaranathax

As common duel practices go, if there was nothing agreed upon before hand, then anything is fair game. Medpacs, adrenals, grenades....

Especially when dealing with Imps, always gotta suspect them of using every advantage they can get. Lighthearted jesting aside, well fought.

As common duel practices go, if there was nothing agreed upon before hand, then anything is fair game. Medpacs, adrenals, grenades

It's kind of a cheesy way to win... But this about sums it up.

Only thing that really bothers me are the tryhard grenades in a 1v1. I can understand using them on a pack of dps that has decided to focus you... But a one on one? I laugh at that extreme effort

...Only thing that really bothers me are the tryhard grenades in a 1v1. I can understand using them on a pack of dps that has decided to focus you... But a one on one? I laugh at that extreme effort

Totally agree with this. In a 1v1 if a player honestly has the need to toss a 'nade then they have already lost. Grenades add to a players ability not replaces it, pvp its the same thing. Frowned upon, but should be forseen.

I once did an assassin stealth regen in a Korriban duel, and the dueler raged against me like crazy...

This is great. I can only imagine the epicness of the rage. It is a skill/technique string. Its the way any assassin would play in a WZ, so should be expected in 1v1. Sure I would be pissed off if somebody pulled that stunt against me, but thats how it goes. Gotta learn to work around the different advantages of the classes.

Grats to the contestants. That is all. Go on your way.

Disclaimer: I am not good at video editing. If you don't like it, eat it. I could care less.

What I took away from that video:

that song is dope

idk really know what else happened cause I minimized the video and let the music play.

It's kind of a cheesy way to win... But this about sums it up.

Only thing that really bothers me are the tryhard grenades in a 1v1. I can understand using them on a pack of dps that has decided to focus you... But a one on one? I laugh at that extreme effort

Totally agree with this. In a 1v1 if a player honestly has the need to toss a 'nade then they have already lost. Grenades add to a players ability not replaces it, pvp its the same thing. Frowned upon, but should be forseen.

I've never understood the vilification of grenade use (be it one-on-one or general yolo, regs etc. warzone) - it's there, doesn't cost you anything and gives you 2 GCDs time (or makes them use a breaker) to either set up for damage or lets you position yourself better.

It's like having matches but insisting on going prehistoric to light a fire.

I've never understood the vilification of grenade use (be it one-on-one or general yolo, regs etc. warzone) - it's there, doesn't cost you anything and gives you 2 GCDs time (or makes them use a breaker) to either set up for damage or lets you position yourself better.

It's like having matches but insisting on going prehistoric to light a fire.

It's another form of cc in a game with already too much cc. It basically says "I cannot beat you unless you're standing there completely helpless."

Like I said I understand the strategic use in a WZ. But in a straight 1v1 duel, not even a WZ 1v1... But a straight up duel?

Just play me. Beat me.

Edited by ace_boogie

I'm saying if someone challenged me to a duel somewhere... I'm gonna say "everything goes but grenades." Agree and duel or decline.

I mean if they agree to that then that's cool and what-not. Don't know why you're so against the use of grenades. They break on damage and it's only 4 seconds. Plus you actually have to aim it so idk.

Edited by ScytheEleven

I mean if they agree to that then that's cool and what-not. Don't know why you're so against the use of grenades. They break on damage and it's only 4 seconds. Plus you actually have to aim it so idk.

Grenades are cheap. Reason being is because it's outside the realm of a class ability/medpac. It's the shining symbol of a tryhard if used in an unrated environment. Also aiming... I'd hardly use that as an excuse, how many people really think about where they're throwing an aoe? They just do it if they know what they're doing, aiming is an after thought. People can think what they want with grenades, but it still makes you a try hard if you're using them in an unranked environment. Still love that Saeari got his rump kicked though. lol

It's the shining symbol of a tryhard if used in an unrated environment.

Most people "tryhard", and do anything it takes to win.

People say healing is try hard, like Aura. lolol.

I've seen people say fire pulls are try hard.

People sign WZ's in a group of 4 with 2 healers. Or two healers and a tank.

People wait in stealth and watch their team die until the last second and interrupt node caps over and over. (That is WAY more annoying than grenades, in my opinion)

Some people go around spamming to 1v1 people cos they're butthurt little try hards who have to prove they are superior.

People pyro guard even though it doesn't give them an advantage. lol

Lots of things are considered try harding by different people. Remember, it's not try harding if you suceed. Get rekt Saerie.

I would like to also make some clarifications here. Priona never used a med pac. They were on Korriban, and unless Priona popped a carebear medpac, which we all know she isn't a carebear and more than likely doesn't even carry carebear medpacs in her inventory, she could not have used a WZ medpac.

More than likely, Aura mistakenly took Priona's Kolto Injection as a medpac and complained about using a medpac. Showing yet even more how amazing he is.

/cheers to Aura, The Mighty. The assassin that mez heals to full, but won't allow operatives to use healing abilities.

Most people "tryhard", and do anything it takes to win.

People say healing is try hard, like Aura. lolol.

I've seen people say fire pulls are try hard.

People sign WZ's in a group of 4 with 2 healers. Or two healers and a tank.

People wait in stealth and watch their team die until the last second and interrupt node caps over and over. (That is WAY more annoying than grenades, in my opinion)

Some people go around spamming to 1v1 people cos they're butthurt little try hards who have to prove they are superior.

People pyro guard even though it doesn't give them an advantage. lol

Lots of things are considered try harding by different people. Remember, it's not try harding if you suceed. Get rekt Saerie.

Tryhards are the people who do all these things and still fail.

Much like you can tell the difference between a player that IS killing you from a player that's TRYING to kill you.

The ones seemingly blowing their cooldowns randomly. You can almost hear them jamming buttons on their keyboard rapidly, using CCs like its a part of their rotation, snipping abilities that haven't finish casting/channelling, going through full rotations on my force barrier.

These are tryhards

Edited by ace_boogie

Did I use a medpac? Sure! How many f*cks given? Zero.

If the rules haven't been specified beforehand it's more than fair game. For all I knew he would pop one too. Would I still have won without it? Abso-f*cking*lutely. I offered to duel him and move it off my bar but the sh*tter didn't want to cause my heals are apparently cheap in a duel (but stealthing out to heal up isn't). LOL.

Beating the sh*tter is nothing, many people have done it, what's funny is the soul-feeding rage afterwards.

Edited by mori-