CAN'T HIT 3000 dps IN 180 GEAR

Sgt_Thunderknob

I have MM sniper in full 180 gear apart from main hand 172. I cant seem to get over 2400 DPS. As for gear, running maxed power and cunning All gear auged with set bonus accuracy is 110% so I believe my stats are where they should be.

I cant seem to use all my energy when hitting my buttons. Tried all the different rotations and no matter how hard I try I cant seem to deplete my energy past 50%. Yet my other guildies have had to use choose the option in the skill tree to give them the extra 10 energy cause they keep running out if they don't manage their rotation properly.

I have all my action/attacks queued for 1 second but still cant seem to deplete my energy...so I wonder if there is some lag or something I am missing that could cause my rotation to suffer.

I have posted this in new player in case I have missed something obvious?

I have a kick arse PC with i7 processor and an awesome video card so its not system related all drivers are up to date.

Can some one please help I have had to step down from my HM raiding team cause I just cant bring the DPS.

I am at a loss.:confused:

I am playing SWTOR from Australia and its looking like its a lag issue...my queued attacks often double refresh effecting my next attack...sound is also one attack behind. Comparing timings to other guildies logs to see if the time difference matches up with the same rotation.

I'm in EU but played on a US server for the longest time. I never experienced any issues while playing the game in a normal fashion but I always suspected that my parses were way off. They simply didnt correlate with the amount of aggro I would get in raids when I wasnt maintaining my aggro drop properly or how I for the most part would slap people silly in PvP, or atleast on the scoreboard.

I moved back to EU and now I'm in the range where I, based on my gear, expect myself to be.

I'd say that ping is manageable up to 150ms, beyond that it's just a snowball effect.

Edited by MidichIorian

I cant seem to use all my energy when hitting my buttons. Tried all the different rotations and no matter how hard I try I cant seem to deplete my energy past 50%.

Just to check, go to Preferences -> Controls -> Combat (scroll down) -> Ability Action Queue Window, set it to 1.0 second if it isn't already.

BTW, are you keybinding or clicking? It only reliably works when keybinding.

Other than that, it's hard to answer without data. Get Torparse, do a dummy parse, upload it, link it, then the issue will become clear.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

To be honest, there's a certain level where parse comparison really isn't a logical way of measuring your weaknesses.

If you really want to know what you're doing wrong, upload a video of yourself dummy parsing and post it on the forums, asking for advice. Ultimately, your problem in not hitting a high enough number for DPS is likely in areas you may not understand (the ability action queue preference is so small of a change tbh).

I'd be willing to wager the method of how you activate abilities, overall reflex speed, preplanned steps in how you activate said abilities, or clear hesitations/derps in the parse are the main reasons why you aren't going to be up at 3k. And the only way to tell if you are going through and activating your abilities in the most effective way possible is to upload a video so everyone can see, from your POV, how you DPS.

Not parse number comparison... parse itself, in human-readable form. It will show what is wrong - rotation or average ability delay is 1.7 seconds instead of 1.5 or smth else.

And what happens when you determine something like that, as in a 1.7 to a 1.5 second delay?

Determining the problem rarely ever gives a solution in the same go. What advice do you give from there?

Learn binds? Click faster?

Hardly good advice in comparison to having the guy post a video of him going through his rotation on a dummy, where you can literally see everything in the process and easily tell the flaws with just a parse for the numerical values. You get a more in depth look into his UI, IE, how he is activating his abilities.

Analyzing a parse in comparison to watching a video on how he is also utilizing his proc windows and other rotation kinks is also pretty meh in comparison. Better to get the big picture from the video and use a parse's log to pick up on the fine details if need be.

And what happens when you determine something like that, as in a 1.7 to a 1.5 second delay?

The issue can come from one or more of three factors:

* Low ability damage

* Delays in rotation

* Errors in rotation

Once it's determined which factor or combination thereof is at fault, further steps can be taken.

A parse will instantly confirm or disprove the presence of each of these factors. You get more information overall from a parse than from anything else, provided you are familiar with analyzing parses, and there is zero ambiguity in parse data, it's objective and definitive.

Learn binds? Click faster?

"Click faster" applies in Starcraft.

In MMO clicking speed is irrelevant - all combat abilities should be on keybinds well before you mouse over "8 player hard" in the dropdown menu.

A video is useful for resolving UI related problems, if it is a UI problem.

But a video will not confirm or disprove whether it even is one. It won't tell you the damage %, DPS and average hit damage of each ability. It won't tell you the crit%. It won't tell you if GCD abilities were activated each 1.47 seconds, each 1.50 seconds or 1.62 seconds.

Though, in the end, maybe you're personally much better at reading videos than at reading parses; if you've analyzed a thousand videos while I did a thousand parses, you would be. I'm not shooting down your approach - so if you would extend the same courtesy, parses is what I work with.

Edited by Heal-To-Full