Mobile app for crew missions

SquireLyon

Ok ok I know day 3 kinda early but any mobile developers out there here's the idea. I'm sitting at work but instead of xenonia 3 I'm knocking out crew missions remotely with my iPhone/android/wm all the items gathered or crafted go to my inbox ready for me to get off work. We can assume that our companions skills and abilities will expand later I'd love to help them while mobile. Also auction house action will be nice once the economy gets rolling what do ya think?

I keep seeing this suggestion and the more I read it the more I think it'll be too unfair. I could make bank while I'm sitting at work but what about other people who dont have that luxury?

Well, it's just about as fair as those who leave for work at 6 AM, return and finish with dinner at 8 PM just to queue for an hour before playing 30 mins versus those who log in during the morning, play for 14 hours and get all the spoils.

Apps like these will balance things out more easily rather than making it unfair. It creates more options of play.

Unfair advantage. Will never be allowed.

What about the advantage people who don't spend 12 hours out of the house during the week, when they're working, have? Is that unfair too? Once I go back to work in January, my available time for gaming is going to plummet again. Surely that's unfair as well?

Someone is always going to have an advantage over someone else, for whatever reason.

Any advantage I gain, by being able to run or queue up crew skills, during the 4 hours I spend commuting, to and from work, every day is going to be offset by the fact that I can't actually play the game during those hours, whereas other people will be able to. It will, in general, balance out.

Well, it's just about as fair as those who leave for work at 6 AM, return and finish with dinner at 8 PM just to queue for an hour before playing 30 mins versus those who log in during the morning, play for 14 hours and get all the spoils.

Apps like these will balance things out more easily rather than making it unfair. It creates more options of play.

+1

Thats how I feel. Lots of us have to work 8 hours a day and cannot play 14 hours. And those people tend to have the money to buy e.g. the CE edition :) Making a mobile app would increase my hours 'in-game'

And for the people like me who have nothing better to do out of work? I'll be a billionare. Seems like an easy way for 3rd party sales to make money (havnt checked yet to see if theres sites selling SWTOR currency yet)

Just setup remote login on your home PC. You can even buy a $15 program to make everything automatic for you. I craft while I use my work PC or using my smartphone. Takes about 30 mins to learn via Googling.

Bonus is you can use this technique to login your toon so you're sitting in queue while you're driving from work etc.

Just setup remote login on your home PC. You can even buy a $15 program to make everything automatic for you. I craft while I use my work PC or using my smartphone. Takes about 30 mins to learn via Googling.

Bonus is you can use this technique to login your toon so you're sitting in queue while you're driving from work etc.

Err so how does the 3D rendering look, logging in remotely? Is it usable at all? Must be terrible choppy?

• 2 weeks later...
What about the advantage people who don't spend 12 hours out of the house during the week, when they're working, have? Is that unfair too? Once I go back to work in January, my available time for gaming is going to plummet again. Surely that's unfair as well?

Someone is always going to have an advantage over someone else, for whatever reason.

Any advantage I gain, by being able to run or queue up crew skills, during the 4 hours I spend commuting, to and from work, every day is going to be offset by the fact that I can't actually play the game during those hours, whereas other people will be able to. It will, in general, balance out.

Beat me to putting this thought out there, entirely in agreement.