Not having completed the Ilum-related FPs. Missing something?

Quatux

Good day,

I have a 55 Assassin, she has not completed the BoI and FE FPs since GF never popped them for me

I've done Makeb and Oricon and got my first pieces of Basic & Elite gear.

Question is: Am I missing something good/important/exciting because of not having done those 2 FPs yet?

These two have nice story cutscenes, but you won't miss any additional missions, no. You can still get these flashpoints with this character if you play hard-mode flashpoints(GF will work for you), get a guild run(or advertise on the fleet). Or play an alt and try using GF again(it popped for me a few times on both sides during a weekend).

Mostly story, so not really big deal.

Still, I found out you can start soloing those with full 156+, better 162+ to be sure, with the properly geared comp. I outfitted my healer and my HK with spare comms I had and went in. Not a breeze, it was easier as tank than as dps, but the final fight of FE looks epic if you're alone. And the quarrel between HKs is nice too. :D

My advice try to solo the SM BoI and FE FPs.

With an assassin you can stealth your way past a lot of the trash and even some bosses.

and with a level 55 decently geared character and companion they are both VERY doable solo.

I did both twice:

• with a DPS sage and a DPS companion at level 54
  • with a DPS commando and heal companion at level 53

Both were in Oriconian story line gear: grade 28 purple (crafted but same quality)

I even soloed the bonus boss in FE with my commando :D

The first was easier than the second because my companion did not stand in bad stuff nearly as much.

Edited by psandak

Good day,

I have a 55 Assassin, she has not completed the BoI and FE FPs since GF never popped them for me

I've done Makeb and Oricon and got my first pieces of Basic & Elite gear.

Question is: Am I missing something good/important/exciting because of not having done those 2 FPs yet?

Looks like a good many forget all about Ilum.

Before Section X, Makeb, Oricon, or CZ-198, there was a little known planet named Ilum. When SWTOR was first released and you were completed with Corellia, you were directed to Ilum. If you did the Ilum planetary storyline, which is relatively short, (can be completed in 2 hours), you were forced to go through the 2 flashpoints on Ilum. Both flashpoints are connected and inter-woven into the planetary storyline.

Also, the reason why the 2 flashpoints never popped for you, is cause they are level 50, and you are over leveled for them NOW at level 55.