[Video] Level 55 gunnery commando on Ancient Hypergate

LtBombshell

Just so you know: Hold the Line does not work while out of combat. Meaning you're not getting the 30 percent movement increase and wasting the ability. I see so many Troopers do this and it drives me crazy.

Just so you know: Hold the Line does not work while out of combat. Meaning you're not getting the 30 percent movement increase and wasting the ability. I see so many Troopers do this and it drives me crazy.

Thanks for letting me know!

• 4 weeks later...

Remember some people use it to traverse terrain in pvp/pve otherwise known for stealthies waiting to punt you off into the abyss, but yes when I see people use it out of combat for the move speed I cringe

Wrong

It does work out of combat.

However what also happens out of combat is that Sprint turns on.

HTL is 30% speed buff, Sprint is 35% speed buff, they do not stack.

To prove it, turn off sprint and use HTL, you will move 30% faster until it wears off.

Edited by Gyronamics

Wrong

It does work out of combat.

However what also happens out of combat is that Sprint turns on.

HTL is 30% speed buff, Sprint is 35% speed buff, they do not stack.

To prove it, turn off sprint and use HTL, you will move 30% faster until it wears off.

I stand corrected.

Still bad to use in 99 percent of out of combat situations I've seen it used.

Ugh it drives me crazy when i see gunnery/arsenal dps not using rocket punch for the snare... I watched the whole video and you never used rocket punch not one time. Took way to much unnecessary dmg that could of been avoided by rocket punching kite then electro netting whoever is on you to give you some breathing room. You need to be using chaff flare too absorb big hits, need to be more mobile to be successful at gunnery pvp.

Ugh it drives me crazy when i see gunnery/arsenal dps not using rocket punch for the snare... I watched the whole video and you never used rocket punch not one time. Took way to much unnecessary dmg that could of been avoided by rocket punching kite then electro netting whoever is on you to give you some breathing room. You need to be using chaff flare too absorb big hits, need to be more mobile to be successful at gunnery pvp.

In what spec does anyone take decoy? that ability is practically worthless.

not really is it great? no, think of it as a poor mans resilience.

What are you dropping to get it? I have one point to play with which i usually just drop in Tenacious Defense, but i cant see dropping any other talent Worth an ability that only works against direct tech and force damage (not smash, deathfield, etc. etc.)

What are you dropping to get it? I have one point to play with which i usually just drop in Tenacious Defense, but i cant see dropping any other talent Worth an ability that only works against direct tech and force damage (not smash, deathfield, etc. etc.)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#00McoZrffRMdokfRsZc.3

build i use for arena. Could prolly drop 2 pts from decoy and put the 2 into unloads slow.

not really is it great? no, think of it as a poor mans resilience.

Not even close.

Decoy absorbs one Direct Damage (not AOE, not DoT) Tech or Force hit.

Resilience is unlimited immunity to force and tech of any kind for the duration.

Edited by Gyronamics

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I don't use stock strike anywhere near as much as I should. I am not specced into decoy, so that's why you never see diversion used.