Bioware wants the game to be social, but yet doesn't provide the tools for it.

ReRuined

We know, we were saying this 8 beta builds ago. Bioware is more set on making a game thats a blend of styles.

A single player games story.

Online capability.

MMORPG revenue.

They got it all right...because they didnt shoot for pure MMORPG, otherwise its sorely lacking.

Maybe they are hoping that it will take people enough time to blow through the stories of several characters that they can actually make the things other games have before they lose those players in mass. But I wouldnt hold my breath, they havent shown they care even a little about what those types of players want in a game, if they did, they would have had at least a few of the least important things in before launch.

You are not their target player.

We know, we were saying this 8 beta builds ago. Bioware is more set on making a game thats a blend of styles.

A single player games story.

Online capability.

MMORPG revenue.

They got it all right...because they didnt shoot for pure MMORPG, otherwise its sorely lacking.

Maybe they are hoping that it will take people enough time to blow through the stories of several characters that they can actually make the things other games have before they lose those players in mass. But I wouldnt hold my breath, they havent shown they care even a little about what those types of players want in a game, if they did, they would have had at least a few of the least important things in before launch.

You are not their target player.

I'd like to know who exactly was their target audience? It obviously could not have been classical MMORPG players, because it lacks features that those have. Who were they appealing to?

I'd like to know who exactly was their target audience? It obviously could not have been classical MMORPG players, because it lacks features that those have. Who were they appealing to?

Well, if they are not targeting roleplayers and people who like a community...

raiders,

questers,

solo-casuals are the target...

And people who liked KOTOR enough to deal with KOTOR with multi-player functionality thats pretending to be an MMO by allowing a lot of people to play at once.

think about it, around 1 million copies sold yet the only time you ever see anyone in a city or cantina is to do a quest or sell items. No just hanging around to chat because all you can do is the most basic of emotes...there is nothing else! And after 6+ months of beta testers pointing that out yet there is still nothing else, they dont care about that type of player, with 6 months of time to add at least a little bit of something for those players...heh, RPers are really SoL in this game.

People willing to pay monthly for a Knights of the Old Republic game, and not an MMORPG. The way the game is set up, with all the instancing, it just isn't a pure MMORPG. It feels like a single player game with a few multiplayer components.

Edited by Merex

It's one of my pet peeves with the game. I don't mind it being an online KOTOR game, but if I'm paying for multiplayer, I'd prefer it to feel more...multiplayer.

I feel like I'm walking in a ghost town half the time. It's a little off putting.

Despite my server having a queue, my server feels empty. No server wide chat. No server forums, lack of effective grouping tools, heavy instancing. Players have very few means with meeting/communicating with others of the their own faction.

No server wide chat? The servers I have been on had so much general chat going that I've often had to turn it off...mainly because it was useless drivel like people complaining about que's. However, I've also noticed that sometimes it gets bugged and won't display and I'll have to go into the chat settings and turn it off and back on to get it working again.