Pyrotech Mercenary problems

Vizantir

Hello fellow Mercs.

As my Merc may be used as a DPS for another new progression team, I've been at the dummy practicing rotations for Pyrotech (Don't like Arsenal)

However I'm having some major problems with heat management and such, as it shows in the parse link I have below.

My Merc is in full 180's with a 2 piece set bonus (trying to get 4). 180 mainhand as well. Fully augmented with purple Aim augments.

http://www.torparse.com/a/699395/2/0/Damage+Dealt

The decline in the DPS beginning at ~115 seconds is due to overheating.

Edited by Vizantir

Well getting your 4 set is vital to the list where taking lower grade armorings to get it will still be a DPS gain. Another problem is your rotation, it's not optimized at all, after a quick glance your rail shots are too far between. It should go rail shot-> filler (Incid missile/thermal det/ electro net ) power shot x2 --> rail shot. Remember rail shot vents heat and it free with its proc so you want to use it as much as possible. Anither DPS gain is using thermal sensor override+ power surge with fusion missile on CD. your opener could use some work as well. My personal opener (which is possibly far from perfect) is: thermal sensor override with power surge--> fusion missile--> thermal det -->electro net--> rail shot--> > incind missile--> unload --> rail shot

Edit: I am very tired so please excuse spelling mistakes and freely admit I'm not a überamazing merc so I could be wrong. :)

Edit #2 feel free to look up Sin'Jaro (my merc) on torparse to sorta see what I mean

Edited by Rowdieranger

Thanks for your advice. I did look at your parse and looked over your rotation.

I think a part of the problem is that I get a little paranoid about heat consumption, but then I still overheat. Now if only to win some rolls for the other 2 set bonus items I need.

With that in mind, I guess the only other thing for me to do is keep practicing.

Edit: New parse with opener suggested above. Along with Unload suggested by a guildmate. http://www.torparse.com/a/699805/1/0/Damage+Dealt

Still not good enough.

Edited by Vizantir

Couple of things I noticed when looking at your log. First up, there's far too much time between rail shots, even when there are only 4 GCDs between usages. The most important thing to do with Pyro is make sure you proc and use rail shot as close to once every 6 seconds as possible. To do this, you can follow one of 2 sequences; any one of Incendiary Missile / Thermal Detonator / Electro Net / Fusion Missile ( with TSO) / Power Shot / Rapid Shot followed by 2 Power Shots OR Unload followed by 1 Power Shot. Either of these will have a near-guaranteed chance of proccing PPA.

Your APM is really low in general - do you use the ability queue at all (Preferences -> Controls)? It should be set to 1.0s so you can queue up Power Shots in advance. Or maybe you play with a lot of server lag?

I never saw the point in opening with FM + TSO either as it just seems like a waste of heat venting. Between that and your next GCD you go from 0 heat to ... 0 heat. You lose out on ~8 heat from the natural heat venting over the GCD which seems fairly pointless to me.

Couple of things I noticed when looking at your log. First up, there's far too much time between rail shots, even when there are only 4 GCDs between usages. The most important thing to do with Pyro is make sure you proc and use rail shot as close to once every 6 seconds as possible. To do this, you can follow one of 2 sequences; any one of Incendiary Missile / Thermal Detonator / Electro Net / Fusion Missile ( with TSO) / Power Shot / Rapid Shot followed by 2 Power Shots OR Unload followed by 1 Power Shot. Either of these will have a near-guaranteed chance of proccing PPA.

Your APM is really low in general - do you use the ability queue at all (Preferences -> Controls)? It should be set to 1.0s so you can queue up Power Shots in advance. Or maybe you play with a lot of server lag?

I never saw the point in opening with FM + TSO either as it just seems like a waste of heat venting. Between that and your next GCD you go from 0 heat to ... 0 heat. You lose out on ~8 heat from the natural heat venting over the GCD which seems fairly pointless to me.

Thanks for your input. I checked the ability queue settings and it's 1.0. I do have connection lag as the network I play on (university) gets fairly congested quite often, however it's not that much (ping varies between 19ms and ~160ms).

I'll probably just give up on trying to do DPS on my Merc and go back to healing. Never been all that great at DPS (except Marauder and Sorc) anyway, better at tanking and healing.

Edit: Yea I give up.http://www.torparse.com/a/700156/2/0/Damage+Dealt

Back to healing I go. Thank you very much for trying though.

Edited by Vizantir