These latest Collections Prices...

Reno_Tarshil

You're not serious, are you? The only way you can possibly have an effect is if you get enough people to not buy the stuff. Vendors do not lower prices simply because customers complain the prices are too high.

As I stated in my OP I have no issues with paying the prices but I felt they were a bit much and wanted to give some feedback regarding the intended or not intended changes.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

And my only point in my comments was to expand the discussion of the issue around reasonable observations. There is no hijacking at play here...... except for those wearing tin foil I guess. :)

Even if people did, you only need to look yourself in the mirror to realize why. Again...

If I may...

My issue is not so much that the drop ratio is addressed here but rather the fact that both topics are addressed here, while the CC increase in unlocking stuff is not addressed on the other one.

In other words, someone pushes their agenda on both topics, while disregarding that which it may not(?) have an issue with.

Just my two cents.

^^ Since it got buried, as usual. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If I may...

My issue is not so much that the drop ratio is addressed here but rather the fact that both topics are addressed here, while the CC increase in unlocking stuff is not addressed on the other one.

In other words, someone pushes their agenda on both topics, while disregarding that which it may not(?) have an issue with.

Just my two cents.

Dude... back off with the accusations and tin foil a bit please.

By all means feel free expand this topic into my bug report thread on drop rates if that will unbunch your shorts. I won't consider it a hijack as I DO think they may very well be related to one another and can actually be discussed together.... and as much as it seems to infuriate you, it could indeed be a bug of some sort.

Edited by Andryah

As I stated in my OP I have no issues with paying the prices but I felt they were a bit much and wanted to give some feedback regarding the intended or not intended changes.

What exactly is "a bit much?" /dodge and /crazytalk are 60, in line with past "lesser" emotes. The credit flip toy is 240, same as (or less than) most other regen toys.The orobird mount is 420 (I think). Other mounts are 600+.

Dude... back off with the accusations and tin foil.

It's not an accusation. It's a simple fact.

Again, I do not see where in your OP you address the sudden CC increase. Nowhere at all.

By all means feel free expand this topic into my bug report thread on drop rates if that will unbunch your shorts here. I won't consider it a hijack as I DO think they may very well be related to one another.

Even if I did, it's not like I'd need your permission truth be told.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If I may...

Just my two cents.

Don't worry my main goal is to get to the bottom of this pricing bit, Andryah's discussion regarding the drop ratios and their possible relation into why it was priced is why I'm okay with it. I'm just hoping to find some answers if any is all and am wanting to look at all possible things. And I do see where your coming from in regards to her thread but I'm not too worried by it.

So let's all chillax and keep this from turning into Dante's Peak.

Ooh a Taco.

What exactly is "a bit much?" /dodge and /crazytalk are 60, in line with past "lesser" emotes. The credit flip toy is 240, same as (or less than) most other regen toys.The orobird mount is 420 (I think). Other mounts are 600+.

Silver armor sets that were 90 CC in the last pack series are 480 in this pack series. 4 of the 5 Gold armor sets are all 600 a piece when the majority was 360 a set with 600 beign a rare exception to 1 or 2 sets.

It's not an accusation. It's a simple fact.

Again, I do not see where in your OP you address the sudden CC increase. Nowhere at all.

Then you are being selective in your reading.

I explained clearly why I think they might indeed be related, and by broadening the discussion accordingly..... we may get actual answers that give us better insights as to how CC unlock prices are calculated.

Nor do I need your permission to make any comment on any topic that I choose. ;)

Can you please stop the passive aggressive personal attacks now? kay, thanx.

I never said you did last I checked, unlike you.

I merely commented on the fact you are apparently attempting a thread hijack altogether, by pushing whatever agenda fits your needs, disregarding in the process the main drive behind this thread:

The sudden CC increase, as far as unlocking stuff in your Collections is concerned.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Silver armor sets that were 90 CC in the last pack series are 480 in this pack series. 4 of the 5 Gold armor sets are all 600 a piece when the majority was 360 a set with 600 beign a rare exception to 1 or 2 sets.

So some stuff is more than past equivalents, some is the same (the emotes I listed) and some is less (the orobird mount is surely as desirable as a wetland dewback).

Guys, please calm down.

Your high handed thread copping is not going to improve the situation.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Then you are being selective in your reading.

I explained clearly why I think they might indeed be related, and by broadening the discussion accordingly..... we may get actual answers that give us better insights as to how CC unlock prices are calculated.

I'm not being selective.

I'm just pointing out that which in my opinion NO ONE even considered, before you barged in here: That the sudden increase, as nonsensical as it may sound... Was actually a bug.

I mean, seriously? How did it happen? Did Skynet suddenly became self-aware and there went the pricing from 90(!) CC to 460(!!!) CC or whatever?

That's a bit outlandish, even for you.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm not being selective.

I'm just pointing out that which in my opinion NO ONE even considered, before you barged in here: That the sudden increase, as nonsensical as it may sound... Was actually a bug.

I mean, seriously? How did it happen? Did Skynet suddenly became self-aware and there went the pricing from 90(!) CC to 460(!!!) CC or whatever?

That's a bit outlandish, even for you.

That's a nice thought but doesn't Eric normally chime in by now if it is a bug? We've seen this is the past and he's been pretty quick to point stuff like that out as bugs when they're bugs.

I merely commented on the fact you are apparently attempting a thread hijack altogether, by pushing whatever agenda fits your needs, disregarding in the process the main drive behind this thread:

Reno and I are in 100% sync on the two issues, and their possibly being related. The only person hijacking the thread is you... by turning it into a callout directed at me.

Edited by Andryah

So some stuff is more than past equivalents, some is the same (the emotes I listed) and some is less (the orobird mount is surely as desirable as a wetland dewback).

Your high handed thread copping is not going to improve the situation.

1.) The pricing of emotes have always intended to be low prices while mounts can vary from low pricing to the high pricing depending on the rarity. But the Armor sets which is the main reason for this thread arn't consistant with all the previous packs. 480 For all silver sets and 600 for all Gold sets just doesn't match up with how it's been priced before. If this is intentional, I'd like to know why and get some feedback for the future. If it's not intentional, it needs to be brought to their attention and we need to try and figure out what might be the cause for it.

2.) I'd rather this thread remain civil as can be.

That's a nice thought but doesn't Eric normally chime in by now if it is a bug? We've seen this is the past and he's been pretty quick to point stuff like that out as bugs when they're bugs.

Again, I do not believe either that it is a bug. I'm fairly sure it was done purposely and deliberately.

However, I just would like to understand the rationale behind such decision, especially when the rarity of the items is Silver or whatever you call it. The armor set for Thana Vesh is Gold and it costs like 360(!) CC at most to unlock.

Reno and I are in 100% sync on the two issues, and their possibly being related. The only person hijacking the thread is you... by turning it into a callout directed at me.

I've been addressing that which was the main drive behind the thread, until you barged in; Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I bring news from my bug report thread on the issue.

There are two separate issues here that are actually unrelated, so I'll address each in turn:

1. Inequality in drop rates in the new packs - I saw Andryah's thread about this earlier and spoke with the Cartel Market team, and we're looking into it now. Either the drop rate or the actual rarity symbol has a problem if the difference in drop rates is as large as indicated. I'll post something when I find out more.

2. Collections unlock prices - These prices are set independently of rarity since they are two different systems. I passed along the feedback/information in your thread in General, and they are investigating.

-Tait

There are two separate issues here that are actually unrelated, so I'll address each in turn:

1. Inequality in drop rates in the new packs - I saw Andryah's thread about this earlier and spoke with the Cartel Market team, and we're looking into it now. Either the drop rate or the actual rarity symbol has a problem if the difference in drop rates is as large as indicated. I'll post something when I find out more.

2. Collections unlock prices - These prices are set independently of rarity since they are two different systems. I passed along the feedback/information in your thread in General, and they are investigating.

-Tait

Why have a rarity system in place at all then? :rolleyes:

Normally, I would agree with you. However, I think we can all embrace the observation that 2.8 has a lot of issues and while I do think the current issues with the new pack (both unlock pricing and drop rate inconsistency) could negatively impact future Cartel Pack sales.... it may very well not be high on their attention list right now with everything else going on.

Besides... in reality.... an issue reported politely and requesting clarification over in the bug report forum generally is responded to faster then general forum topics.

So while I want clarification as much as anyone else.... I understand that we may need to wait a bit for a response.

Edited by Andryah

1.) The pricing of emotes have always intended to be low prices while mounts can vary from low pricing to the high pricing depending on the rarity. But the Armor sets which is the main reason for this thread arn't consistant with all the previous packs. 480 For all silver sets and 600 for all Gold sets just doesn't match up with how it's been priced before. If this is intentional, I'd like to know why and get some feedback for the future. If it's not intentional, it needs to be brought to their attention and we need to try and figure out what might be the cause for it

Or we could just not care because it's just a game. If it's too expensive for you, don't buy it. End of story.

Or we could just not care because it's just a game. If it's too expensive for you, don't buy it. End of story.

I care because it's an aspect of the game I enjoy and if an aspect of a game becomes not enjoyable, you should post feedback as to why that is, correct?

And... Tait has engaged on the two issues (via the bug report forum)... and has confirmed they are separate and not related. It's clear they are looking into the drop rate issue.... and the pricing issue....but not surprisingly... no specifics until the devs get back to Tait with some clarity.

-Tait

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7481512&postcount=3

Edited by Andryah