So i noticed this line

Zoom_VI

No, it'll be more like a running scoreboard against each other rather than directly attacking each other. There would be unholy amounts of whining if people were forced to PVP against other guilds for these quests. Edited by HeatRacer

Are you under the impression that raiding guilds don't compete with one another?

Every time new content comes out, there's a race to see who can clear it first.

Mmk, but it's just not the same. Dueling banjos versus MMA or boxing--there's just no contest.

Are you under the impression that raiding guilds don't compete with one another?

Every time new content comes out, there's a race to see who can clear it first.

But the thing is that race is not a game feature, its something completely outside the game. Raids are not made so guilds can compete for firsts.

The fact that "guilds competing" was directly mentioned means that the competition part is part of the game itself, not something that players do on the side.

My guess its it is some sort of mission with a shared objective that every other guild is also going for. Like the Gree Pylon on Ilum. (but hopefully with a better implementation)

But the thing is that race is not a game feature, its something completely outside the game. Raids are not made so guilds can compete for firsts.

The fact that "guilds competing" was directly mentioned means that the competition part is part of the game itself, not something that players do on the side.

My guess its it is some sort of mission with a shared objective that every other guild is also going for. Like the Gree Pylon on Ilum. (but hopefully with a better implementation)

I see the competition being who can do the PvE missions and rack up the score. But of course on PvP servers, we can't just let that happen!!

Sooo WPvP as a byproduct of PvE missions?

Not real WPvP content exactly, but if it gets me away from the friggin dune sea. Hell why not?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7371350#post7371425

Quoting the linked post -

"Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.

Also, I know this is big news so I am going to be sticking around in the thread answering questions as I can. We probably aren't going to talk too much about the details of each feature yet but I will answer what I can

-eric"

But the thing is that race is not a game feature, its something completely outside the game.

You said that PvE missions never involve glory or bragging rights.

People who have the Dragonslayer title have bragging rights. Guilds that clear NM content have bragging rights.

Bragging isn't something you need to code for, humans will do that on their own.

Mmk, but it's just not the same. Dueling banjos versus MMA or boxing--there's just no contest.

In whose mind? Because BioWare doesn't seem to think so. They're creating new content built around just that.

Edited by MCaliban

Organized open world pvp usually sucks. At least if it's RvR it can work if it's on the same scale as DAoC, but the sad fact is games are regressing in scale, not improving upon it.

Open world pvp is all about spontaneity. If it's not a byproduct of engaging in open world PvE, screw it.

Edited by Ansultares

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7371350#post7371425

Quoting the linked post -

"Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.

Also, I know this is big news so I am going to be sticking around in the thread answering questions as I can. We probably aren't going to talk too much about the details of each feature yet but I will answer what I can

-eric"

Ew gross

However I highly doubt that on the PvP servers, guilds are just going to allow other guilds to do the missions.

You said that PvE missions never involve glory or bragging rights.

People who have the Dragonslayer title have bragging rights. Guilds that clear NM content have bragging rights.

Bragging isn't something you need to code for, humans will do that on their own.

In whose mind? Because BioWare doesn't seem to think so. They're creating new content built around just that.

PVE is for children

Great, so all the PVE carebears get to determine who runs a particular planet. Looks like I'll have even less of a reason to ever leave fleet outside of a warzone pop.

The PVE content in this game is terrible, and couldn't be any less fun to participate in.

Great, so all the PVE carebears get to determine who runs a particular planet. Looks like I'll have even less of a reason to ever leave fleet outside of a warzone pop.

The PVE content in this game is terrible, and couldn't be any less fun to participate in.

You do realize that the missions will probably be in open world, which means on PvP servers there will be PvP involved.

It is pretty spectacular that to conquer a planet you go beat up AI, yet there is no open world pvp outside of the gree event where after a couple days most of the whiney baby carebears don't even do the southern portion of the quests.

I know! Make it to where it requires PVP to access end game raids. Fair is fair.

I miss the days of SWG when you could attack player bases and spark some real nice pvp battles. Actually made perfect sense since there is a war going on. Why in the world we don't have something similar to that is beyond me. I guess pve pays the bills.

I miss the days of SWG when you could attack player bases and spark some real nice pvp battles. Actually made perfect sense since there is a war going on. Why in the world we don't have something similar to that is beyond me. I guess pve pays the bills.

You can attack bases just fine here. The reason people don't is the modern MMO player only does PvP if they get comms and gear rewards.