Played since early access like me?

Arandem

TUX, URANTIA AND LEENE all get the OLD TIMER HARD CORE prize........

The rest? Well, you might have been here a long time, but REAL SWTOR/SW fans have 08' 09' join dates......;)

Put your mouse cursor over the members name and look at the bottom of your screen. It shows what number that person is in the sign up order....Back in the day, it used to be shown next to your screen name until too many, uh, lets say, newer members, cried and Bio removed the feature.

So PROPS TO YOU OLD TIMERS! 08 and 09 MEMBERS!

(my original forum name is Shocklord.....its still not as low as TUX's though....Hes a stud! :) )

EDIT; Hey wait a sec, my first forum name SHOCKLORD is around number 2,000.....So I 'outstud' TUX.....Sorry man, just had to gloat for a second....:)

This is funny! There are definitely a few people here claiming "Beta" or "Since the beginning" but the ID doesn't lie!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny! There are definitely a few people here claiming "Beta" or "Since the beginning" but the ID doesn't lie!

no. ID doesn't lie. but Beta was for a while and a lot of people were interested in it. I wasn't in closed Beta but I was in the last couple of open weekends. literally the reason I have preordered. I've been told that accounts under 200k were there since before release and it makes sense.

but in the end - who was here in an earlier beta is just e-peen measuring. /shrug. and yes, I know I posted here, but for me at least motivation was to show that there are still people here that have been playing for a while and still enjoying the game.

I really hate this whole "real fan" thing. it makes fandoms unwelcoming. so what if someone didn't discover something untill later? the important thing is - they are here, now and appreciate the same thing you like.

There are also those who played with other people's accounts and only registered later to insert the pre-order code for their Collector's Edition, which is my case.

I also only started to participate in these forums with this account in early-to-mid 2013. Is that somehow relevant as well?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

no. ID doesn't lie. but Beta was for a while and a lot of people were interested in it. I wasn't in closed Beta but I was in the last couple of open weekends. literally the reason I have preordered. I've been told that accounts under 200k were there since before release and it makes sense.

but in the end - who was here in an earlier beta is just e-peen measuring. /shrug. and yes, I know I posted here, but for me at least motivation was to show that there are still people here that have been playing for a while and still enjoying the game.

I really hate this whole "real fan" thing. it makes fandoms unwelcoming. so what if someone didn't discover something untill later? the important thing is - they are here, now and appreciate the same thing you like.

My ID is slightly above 200k and I was here way before release. 09 I think. Just because someone was here in the beginning and some were here later doesn't make one more a fan of Star Wars than the other, for sure. Not sure where you think I implied that.

There are also those who played with other people's accounts and only registered later to insert the pre-order code for their Collector's Edition, which is my case.

I also only started to participate in these forums with this account in early-to-mid 2013. Is that somehow relevant as well?

Hey D-Wicked, did you know that Kowakian Monkey-Lizards are just baby Hutts in a pre larvae stage and that Luke is a direct descendant of Darth Marr? Or did I get my lore facts wrong?

My ID is slightly above 200k and I was here way before release. 09 I think. Just because someone was here in the beginning and some were here later doesn't make one more a fan of Star Wars than the other, for sure. Not sure where you think I implied that.

post you replied to. I figured you were in agreement with its contents? I apologize if I misunderstood. that said, I have actualy mistyped. not 200k - under 2 mil. becasue my account was registered in 2011 several months prior to release. which gave me time to participate in several Beta weekends. numbers indeed do not lie.

post you replied to. I figured you were in agreement with its contents? I apologize if I misunderstood. that said, I have actualy mistyped. not 200k - under 2 mil. becasue my account was registered in 2011 several months prior to release. which gave me time to participate in several Beta weekends. numbers indeed do not lie.

Good point. The post I quoted does imply original gangsters are somehow better than the rest of the rabble. Definitely not in agreement with that.

"but REAL SWTOR/SW fans have 08' 09' join dates......" yea that's not cool. I hope he's not serious with that.

Edited by jedimessiah

Member #20506 checking in. Think I signed up for the original forums the second day they opened in October '08. Very much the forum lurker as I check them everyday, but rarely post. Beta tested as well. My squadron number is in my sig. Keep my sub up but currently taking a break waiting on new content.:D

/wave

Been on the forums since they opened them in 2008 and in game since beta, almost without breaks (never stopped subbing even if I took short breaks from the game 1-2 times)

Edited by Arweniel

Early access (no beta though). Been subbed since Dec. 2011 and haven't missed a month. Did take a couple of breaks where I didn't log in very often other than to keep the game updated, but probably no more than 2 - 2.5 months total if that.

Interestingly, only 3 people from my big ignore list posted in this thread. 1 of them only for trolling (as always), 1 was unclear in his answer (I expect he's not here since start, but he wanted to make it look like it) and 1 is one of us. ;)

I was invited to late beta phase some time around Autumn before launch. Don't remember when I signed up for the (old) forum. 2008 or 09, I suppose.

I started playing in the second weekend of beta, though my sub did lapse twice. Once when there was a pretty widespread billing issue that prevented me from using my credit card to pay, or even to use another method of payment (though I did renew my sub as soon as the problem was fixed), and once while I was deployed.

I did take two breaks. One when the game about fell on its face in the first year and I just couldn't bear the crap BW pulled with legacy and character names when they finally did merge the servers and I wanted to try GW2 out anyways. GW2 failed to impress and SWTOR still had a pull on me so I was back and glad to be back. Then early this year I just got so sick of guild crap that I quit to be away from that. Nothing to do with the game that time.

All in all I haven't been subbed all the time but most of the time and still enjoy the game, though I am a little bored atm because new content is taking a while but hey hopefully it will get better in a couple of months.