DPS weapon for level 55 Commando?? Damage!!!

Chalac

I'm a level 55 Commando and the rifle I'm using is not a good one. I know that looted weapons are usually the best but what is the best weapon I can use to beat my enemies? Which rifle/blaster is the best for a level 55 Commando? I have lots of powerups but i need a weapon to attach them to.

You want an Assault Cannon; Blaster Rifles do less damage with Ranged attacks (Full Auto, Hammer Shots, High Impact Bolt), and you can't even USE certain attacks with them (Charged Bolts, Hail of Bolts).

Any moddable cannon (has an orange or sometimes purple outline in your inventory screen) will work equally well, if you put the right item modifications in them, so pick one whose appearance and sound you like. (You might try looking through this gallery for inspiration.)

Once you have a cannon you like, plop a Reflex barrel in there; the higher the number the better. You can probably get a purple-grade Reflex Barrel 28 for 50k credits on the GTN, which is enough to get you started at endgame; if you want to skip to the best-in-slot stuff, a Reflex Barrel 34 will run you perhaps 4m creds, but the only better stuff drops exclusively from the hardest Operations (Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress). Go ahead and kit out your gun with an Agile or Nimble mod and an Enhancement that has either Crit or Power and either Surge or Accuracy on it.

Alternatively, if you have Friend rank with the Adjudicators, you can go to the vendor in CZ-198 and buy the CZR-9001 Eliminator's Assault Cannon, which costs 120 Elite Commendations.

Make sure to improve your armor, offhand, earpiece, implants, and relics as well. The stats from all those pieces are important to your DPS!

Battlemaster is old old old level 50 PvP gear. Your next move should be to get a purple-grade Reflex Barrel 28 from an Armstech crafter. Purple mk. 28 mods are perfectly fine for starting endgame stuff. Then you want to build up some elite comms and grind CZ-198 dailies until you get Friend status, and then buy the CZR-9001 Eliminator's Assault Cannon. Then try to get some Ops runs to get anything better.

Battlemaster is old old old level 50 PvP gear. Your next move should be to get a purple-grade Reflex Barrel 28 from an Armstech crafter. Purple mk. 28 mods are perfectly fine for starting endgame stuff. Then you want to build up some elite comms and grind CZ-198 dailies until you get Friend status, and then buy the CZR-9001 Eliminator's Assault Cannon. Then try to get some Ops runs to get anything better.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Listen to him :D