Jung Ma is doing great as a server.

Ashuranrx

I just don't see how anyone can look at the state of things on JM and cheekily declare things are "just fine".

Jung Ma has always had lower overall numbers in all categories. But our numbers are constant We are not declining at all, we are staying at the same strength, compare that to pot5 and several other servers which have bled a decent chunk of its population in the recent months.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, I read on fleet chat that some people want to move off server to another server. I told them the following and I want to repeat what I said here in a post, to let everyone know how great we are doing as a server.

We are doing great both as a RP server and a PvP server. Please see the server activity trend below.

http://www.torstatus.net/

As a PvP server, our server activity is on par with The Bastion at the top. Every other PvP server took a huge dive in activity since ESO and Wildstar came out. Pot5 suffered the worse in activity drop. So for PvPers, you don't need to look anywhere else for more enjoyable PvP, because it is the most enjoyable right here at home, with plenty of PvP activity, warzones, and a mix of RP flavor in it. Next time someone tries to convince you to go to Pot5 for PvP, you can tell them we don't want to go to a zombie server.

As a RP server, we are also on part with other RP servers, except Ebon Hawk and Beregen Colony. But we are unique because we are RP-PvP instead of just RP, which allows us to RP war better. I mean, we are not playing Star Wars unless we can RP "war".

I lol'd

:D

Yeah but remember they also said numerous times that they had no plans for space PvP either, and then when GSF came out they where like "yeah we have been working on this since launch, trololol"

Tip for understanding dev speak, they will only tell you when they are working on something after they have finished it. Mostly so that if something crops up they won't have hordes of players screaming that them for failing on their "promise." This is applicable to all software devs no just gaming ones.

If Cross-server hasn't come out by now, which would have been a huge hit 6-12 months ago (heck even at 1.3 when they said they would), why on earth would they wait to magically put it in now when most servers are seeing a decline? They won't.

It's a simpler move for them to merge servers and save money on tech, then to actually benefit players who are pretty much already gone. This isn't about Dev speak, infrastructure or a "never say no" decision. This is EA doing what little they can to save $$ for themselves, and to perform the bare minimum. We see it everyday here.

Edited by Pistols

If Cross-server hasn't come out by now, which would have been a huge hit 6-12 months ago (heck even at 1.3 when they said they would), why on earth would they wait to magically put it in now when most servers are seeing a decline? They won't.

It's a simpler move for them to merge servers and save money on tech, then to actually benefit players who are pretty much already gone. This isn't about Dev speak, infrastructure or a "never say no" decision. This is EA doing what little they can to save $$ for themselves, and to perform the bare minimum. We see it everyday here.

I'm pretty sure you are lost, I think you where meaning to post here

Also they have been under significantly more pressure for cross-server now than they where six months ago, I would not be surprised if the devs are taking a much harder look at it since they are getting pressure for it from multiple fronts.

I call that BS. You said you feel like a God doing regs here, right? What is your character's name? If you are really that good, then the PvPers here would definitely know of you.

The best PvPers on this server from <Shots Fired>/<Vicious>, <Taking Lives>/<Saving Lives>, SDSG, and <REGULATORS> are just as good if not better than the so called "elite" from Pot5. Then there are individual good PvPers too from the not-PvP-focused guilds. PvPers from Pot5 got nothing on us.

Also, faction balance on Pot5 is on a landslide advantage to Imps. We don't want to go to imbalanced AND dying server.

Population on this server has always been the same. It never dropped. If you kept up with torstatus.com from 6 months ago until now, you would know this. Pot5 sank like rock in the past 2 months.

Pot5 is a zombie and the statistics don't lie.

And you are...? Sounds like you are including yourself as a Jung ma elite pvp'er...lol

I'm pretty sure you are lost, I think you where meaning to post here

Also they have been under significantly more pressure for cross-server now than they where six months ago, I would not be surprised if the devs are taking a much harder look at it since they are getting pressure for it from multiple fronts.

Lol more pressure? Compared to the hundreds of thousands that were chiming for it then?

I'm telling you, there is no chance they will ever put in cross-server. It's not the Devs that are needed to take a harder look into it, it's the company that pays for it, BW. At this point in the game, there is little benefit/upside for them to fork out the dough for that tech. Not lost btw, I left that server ages ago, simply visiting. ;)

Edited by Pistols

I call that BS.e u said you feel like a God doing regs here, right? What is your character's name? If you are really thad, then the PvPers here would definitely know of you.

The best PvPers on this server from <Shots Fired>/<Vicious>, <Taking Lives>/<Saving Lives>, SDSG, and <REGULATORS> are just as good if not better than the so called "elite" from Pot5. Then there are individual good PvPers too from the not-PvP-focused guilds. PvPers from Pot5 got nothing on us.

Also, faction balance on Pot5 is on a landslide advantage to Imps. We don't want to go to imbalanced AND dying server.

Population on this server has always been the same. It never dropped. If you kept up with torstatus.com from 6 months ago until now, you would know this. Pot5 sank like rock in the past 2 months.

Pot5 is a zombie and the statistics don't lie.

Who is your toon on pot5?

What statistics?

wat

Server transfers is just copying data, that is easy. Cross server is well two things from different servers interacting, which is a nightmare. Doable? totally, but its not easy, particularly depending on how the server infrastructure is set up.

It's not so different. There is no reason server A would need to interact with server B in any way. Every server would register its queue data with a third party control server. It would create the match and pseudo transfer the participants to itself, start the instance and then pseudo transfer them back to their original servers when the instance ends. The original servers would never even need to know each other exist.

Not the most elegant method but it would work and a lot of the functionality is already developed.

I love Jung Ma, the community is really great and I enjoy the PvP a lot. I just wish there were more teams willing to queue group ranked. Not for commendations or rating, but for the thrill of PvPing and playing with a team to get better. There are so many guilds with amazing players, who unfortunately don't want to queue because of a number on the leaderboards. I understand no one likes to lose, but the road to success is drenched with utter failure! Just like everything else in life.... Just takes practice.

I love Jung Ma, the community is really great and I enjoy the PvP a lot. I just wish there were more teams willing to queue group ranked. Not for commendations or rating, but for the thrill of PvPing and playing with a team to get better. There are so many guilds with amazing players, who unfortunately don't want to queue because of a number on the leaderboards. I understand no one likes to lose, but the road to success is drenched with utter failure! Just like everything else in life.... Just takes practice.

I like this statement. Since my internet was fixed I've been hitting yolos a lot, because ACoy doesn't field ranked teams. If there was ever people down to pug a team for the hell of it I'm in, assuming they'd take me lol.

But I agree the only way to get better is to play better people and learn from them and your mistakes. That's how I went from an assault spec VG in ion cell when I first rolled, to the PvPer I am today. (If anyone thinks there's much improvement is a different matter heh.)

And you are...? Sounds like you are including yourself as a Jung ma elite pvp'er...lol

I am an average joe. I am nobody. I don't have an ego to flap around.

When someone comes to the Jung Ma forum and claims to be a PvP god here in regs, he better be able to back that up because that is bold claim. I certainly don't go to forums of any server and claim to be a PvP god on that server. lol

And the statistics are from torstatus.net, backed up by threads of PvPers in both the PvP forum and Pot5 server forum.

http://www.torstatus.net/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=745639

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=744817

I have toons on both servers, just roll a lowbie on pot5 and q for regs to see the difference for yourself. The statistics you posted are misleading, and on PvP servers you'll actually get pops outside of primetime... My level 40 Mara (who i xferred to pot 5 at lvl ~20 due to lack of reg pops) has his ranked comms maxed out (with change). Fact is, doing that grind on Jung ma would have been a nightmare and it would have taken a lot longer for me to become proficient (kinda) with the class. Edited by LeglessChair

What is it with these "end of times" threads in almost every mmo I have played...can nobody enjoy the game for what it is....

I transfered to this server last year, I've been on a few servers, PvP here is pretty competitive. The bads here are bad and think they are the best... which I don't get, but that's such a small fraction of what jung ma is. The people that love to pvp, and are rather competitive, are a great goup of people that enjoy communication within each other and enjoy friendships between guilds.

Just being in shots fired/vicious' mumble over the last few weeks, I've seen almost a who's who of "elite" pvp'ers that are on the server. They aren't talking about how much the server sucks or how better they are than most. No, they are friends colaborating and exchanging ideas; the most important part, they are JOKING AROUND AND HAVING A GOOD TIME WITH THE GAME AND EACH OTHER.

This game is what you make of it. I think the only thing wrong with the server is the misplaced ego. If that is shed and we start playing like a team and having fun, all these "dark times" talk will go away. Jung Ma is great place to play. I have a lot of fun.

Edited by hulcalan

I understand no one likes to lose, but the road to success is drenched with utter failure! Just like everything else in life.... Just takes practice.

Rules of success:

1. Trust yourself

2. Break some rules

3. Don't be afraid to fail

4. Ignore the naysayers

5. Work like hell

6. Give something back.

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

I understand no one likes to lose, but the road to success is drenched with utter failure! Just like everything else in life.... Just takes practice.

I think most adults understand this. But do people want to do this for a game? I think this is the line that separates the casuals and the hardcores. Gaming is just another form of entertainment. But when this entertainment turns into something like work people do in real life, some people want to stay away from that. Not everyone follows the "work hard, player harder" philosophy. People have 40 or more hours of hard work and competition every week already, some people don't want more of that in their gaming time too.

The problem with this is that there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel for new teams. When I was first starting ranked with <RAWR> back at 2.4 we tried the whole "failure will make us better" (none of us had any prior ranked experience) but when every match is against SDSG or Shots Fired and you are a brand new team, its not a game of getting better its a game of seeing if you can make it past the one minute mark, and there was no light at the end of the tunnel, and because of that its becomes nearly impossible to keep the team's moral and queuing up.

And that is the problem, currently it is practically impossible for a new team to never get off the starting line, even <taking lives> which relatively came out of nowhere, was pushed forward by Ja'ango who came from <Sky Wardens> a team that descended from <RAWR> That's it you see, there is almost no new blood, pretty much every team that is active is at least partially made of members who came from other previous ranked guilds and those guilds likely came from guilds before them. There is no new blood, just recycled blood.

If Jung Ma's ranked scene is to improve it is going to require action on the part of the established teams in order for it to get off the ground. You can't just sit on your bum expecting quality teams to just crop up from nothing. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if the established teams split up and each became a seed to a new team.

I had a brief run on Jung Ma, before sort of fading from game. Thought about coming back, just haven't gotten around to it yet. For the month or two I was around, I felt Impside always had a larger population on, but that the PVP was fairly balanced. On any given day, some of the best Imps could beat the best Pubs, and the other way around. I actually enjoyed PVP there.

I was in a pretty nice guild for the most part. Good folks.

I would recommend (not that my input matters much) paying to copy a character to another server - if BW could even make that possible? Perhaps people looking for more PVP from say JC or BC or other servers, that want to say, "press there luck" or give pvp a try on JM but don't want to transfer their current 55 or grind a toon up. Maybe they could implement the option to pay coins for a character copy?

Again, I'm just spinning wheels here. /shrug

--Krukk :)

The problem with this is that there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel for new teams. When I was first starting ranked with <RAWR> back at 2.4 we tried the whole "failure will make us better" (none of us had any prior ranked experience) but when every match is against SDSG or Shots Fired and you are a brand new team, its not a game of getting better its a game of seeing if you can make it past the one minute mark, and there was no light at the end of the tunnel, and because of that its becomes nearly impossible to keep the team's moral and queuing up.

And that is the problem, currently it is practically impossible for a new team to never get off the starting line, even <taking lives> which relatively came out of nowhere, was pushed forward by Ja'ango who came from <Sky Wardens> a team that descended from <RAWR> That's it you see, there is almost no new blood, pretty much every team that is active is at least partially made of members who came from other previous ranked guilds and those guilds likely came from guilds before them. There is no new blood, just recycled blood.

If Jung Ma's ranked scene is to improve it is going to require action on the part of the established teams in order for it to get off the ground. You can't just sit on your bum expecting quality teams to just crop up from nothing. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if the established teams split up and each became a seed to a new team.

Ew I'm recycled blood? You do have a way with words, Crinn.

But seriously, anyone who wants or needs help in ranked need only ask. I mean I can spam the ranked channel telling groups to queue, but I can't give much feedback or help the newer teams unless they take initiative and ask. Also the reason that we've improved as a guild is because of that thought process: failure will make us better. It works. But only if you really want it to, otherwise you're just wasting time. If I recall we might have played 3 or 4 ranked games with you Crinn, back in Sky Wardens, definitely not enough games to identify what we needed or work on (because quite frankly it was everything lol).

But hey, you know best when it comes to these things!

Ew I'm recycled blood? You do have a way with words, Crinn.

But seriously, anyone who wants or needs help in ranked need only ask. I mean I can spam the ranked channel telling groups to queue, but I can't give much feedback or help the newer teams unless they take initiative and ask. Also the reason that we've improved as a guild is because of that thought process: failure will make us better. It works. But only if you really want it to, otherwise you're just wasting time.

How many other teams had beginnings like Taking Lives was? Because honestly I can't think of one. Just look at the aftermath of 2.4, we had a couple dozen new teams all queueing in that first week, and how many of those teams where retained? Honestly I can only think 2 maybe 3 that stayed around, and of those all of them are now defunct. Taking Lives is a extreme anomaly and its highly unlikely we will see another team born like taking lives was.

The thing is ideally yes new teams should earn their stripes the hard way and better themselves starting at the bottom, and ranked will be great, competitive and... who are we kidding, that's never going to happen, at least on the scale necessary to bring Jung Ma's ranked scene back into prevalence. I'm not disagreeing with your ideology but I'm telling you its not practical. You (by you I mean all established teams really) need to stop following what is ideal, and start doing what will get results.

Now how to actually get results...that is the question. Honestly I would love to see the establishment generate their own plans since I'm obviously not the most qualified person to be doing this anyway. However if I actually had any say, I would recommend that the establishment just start recruiting as much as possible with the intent of fielding as many teams as possible, because honestly trying to get teams and guilds to form from scratch is both insanely difficult and not likely to get many (if any) new teams. Better for the guilds that have the experience, that have the knowledge, to lead the charge, than to look for miracles to spring from nothing.

If I recall we might have played 3 or 4 ranked games with you Crinn, back in Sky Wardens, definitely not enough games to identify what we needed or work on (because quite frankly it was everything lol).

I'm pretty sure it was more than 4-5 games going by the number of games I had by end of season, the Sky Wardens team was of the teams I lead, the only one that could have gotten off the ground, however it wasn't exactly my fault that everyone left for winter break and never came back. (I actually though both you and kordeed had quit the game until you both resurfaced a couple months later in TL)

Ew I'm recycled blood?

Yes, you donated at a bloodbank on Nar Shaddaa.

There are plenty of regstar teams capable of fielding at least one, if not more, full time group ranked teams. Sithhikers only queues 2 times a week best case scenario, Imperial Guard does nothing but run their A-team premade in regs at hours when no other premade with even half the talent is running just so they won't lose, and REGULATORS does nothing but run 1-3 different full premades in regs all day long every day.

All of them are supposed to be, for the most part, PvP guilds.

Oh, for that matter, Reign said they would have a team this season. They don't. SDSG has basically lost our tank because she was fed up with yolos on this server and is doing Wildstar and PvE instead. Why should teams like Vicious or Taking Lives, who worked hard to be where they are at, break up or recruit less talented players to form new teams when there are plenty of guilds on this server capable of doing so and simply refuse?

For these regstar guilds that refuse to make the effort to put together teams when they are more than capable of doing so and for the most part have previous ranked experiences (rather it be in 8s or back in October when arenas were first released or even during the preseason to season 2) simply because they can't beat Vicious or SDSG or Taking Lives A-team right now my response is: go **** yourselves. You're the reason this server has no group ranked scene, not us. Grow a pair, stop being scared, jump into the ocean and learn to swim. Vicious and SDSG only played each other for months because no one else would. That's how we got our practice. SDSG used to beat Taking Lives in about 45 seconds or less per round, now they can take whole games off us. That's how TL got their practice. Step it up. Especially if you've hit 1500 in solos, there's nothing to lose.

Note: This post is not directed at Crinn. And no, I don't care that I called specific people out. Come at me.

There are plenty of regstar teams capable of fielding at least one, if not more, full time group ranked teams. Sithhikers only queues 2 times a week best case scenario, Imperial Guard does nothing but run their A-team premade in regs at hours when no other premade with even half the talent is running just so they won't lose, and REGULATORS does nothing but run 1-3 different full premades in regs all day long every day.

All of them are supposed to be, for the most part, PvP guilds.

Oh, for that matter, Reign said they would have a team this season. They don't. SDSG has basically lost our tank because she was fed up with yolos on this server and is doing Wildstar and PvE instead. Why should teams like Vicious or Taking Lives, who worked hard to be where they are at, break up or recruit less talented players to form new teams when there are plenty of guilds on this server capable of doing so and simply refuse?

For these regstar guilds that refuse to make the effort to put together teams when they are more than capable of doing so and for the most part have previous ranked experiences (rather it be in 8s or back in October when arenas were first released or even during the preseason to season 2) simply because they can't beat Vicious or SDSG or Taking Lives A-team right now my response is: go **** yourselves. You're the reason this server has no group ranked scene, not us. Grow a pair, stop being scared, jump into the ocean and learn to swim. Vicious and SDSG only played each other for months because no one else would. That's how we got our practice. SDSG used to beat Taking Lives in about 45 seconds or less per round, now they can take whole games off us. That's how TL got their practice. Step it up. Especially if you've hit 1500 in solos, there's nothing to lose.

Note: This post is not directed at Crinn. And no, I don't care that I called specific people out. Come at me.

Preach my brotha, preach!

No really though, Aetrus hit the nail on the head. If you don't make any effort to get better, don't complain about losing. And if you don't know how to get better, just ask! We're friendly and would like to help anyone if it means more group ranked! I'll even swap teams with other guilds if it's really unfair. But don't expect Vicious/TL to do so without other guilds taking initiative.

Also shout out to Sran and Penumbral for some awesome matches last week, I was pleasantly surprised! Just practice and play more and you guys will have a kickass team!

The thing is ideally yes new teams should earn their stripes the hard way and better themselves starting at the bottom, and ranked will be great, competitive and... who are we kidding, that's never going to happen, at least on the scale necessary to bring Jung Ma's ranked scene back into prevalence. I'm not disagreeing with your ideology but I'm telling you its not practical. You (by you I mean all established teams really) need to stop following what is ideal, and start doing what will get results.

Now how to actually get results...that is the question. Honestly I would love to see the establishment generate their own plans since I'm obviously not the most qualified person to be doing this anyway. However if I actually had any say, I would recommend that the establishment just start recruiting as much as possible with the intent of fielding as many teams as possible, because honestly trying to get teams and guilds to form from scratch is both insanely difficult and not likely to get many (if any) new teams. Better for the guilds that have the experience, that have the knowledge, to lead the charge, than to look for miracles to spring from nothing..

But Crinn, how is not practical? How else would any teams possibly get any better at group ranked if they don't practice, communicate, queue? That's really all there is to it.

There's a few stages we went through before we became competitive in Group ranked:

Stage 1: Making your team.

There are a lot of considerations to take into account when making your team composition. Obviously the most basic format is 2 damage dealers, 1 healer, and 1 tank. Right now the only must in competitive group ranked is scoundrel/operative healer, not gonna get into the details but they are currently the most viable healers in ranked. After that you have to decide what set up you're going to have. Either melee or ranged (some teams will mix melee and ranged but it really just makes it more difficult from my personal experience, but if it works for you then go for it!)

Also consider what type of offensive composition you want to run. Either heavy pressure via sustained and AOE damage to give the enemy healer a hard time, heavy burst to CC and hard swap on an unguarded target to get a kill, or my personal favorite: a mix of sustained and burst damage specs. This process is usually ongoing, but playing with the same 4 players as a team is always the best idea regardless of anything else.

Stage 2: Fundamentals

Each player on the team must know their role. Not rotation, spec, or class (because that should have already been mastered before doing ranked), but how those 3 aspects work in conjunction to accomplish the end goal. The DPS must coordinate hard switches to get kills on the enemy team, the tank MUST master guard switching and effectively peeling for their team, and the healer must simply keep their team alive, as well as CC the enemy when the situation calls for it. For this to be fluid, communication is KEY. Voice communication is essential to see any sort of success. Call out if you're being focused, call out CCs and hard switches to kill an unguarded target (makes it even easier when the DPS have each other as focus targets). Healers should also call out for a cease in the battle (AoE mezz such as flashbang or awe) to have some breathing room when healing. Also, the only time it's acceptable to tunnel a guarded target is if they are under 20% HP or if the strategy calls for one DPS to pressure a single target relentlessly. So switching to unguarded targets is essential.

Rotations, use of interrupts, and awareness of one's surrounding (essentially keeping your self and your team alive via use of DCDs, stuns, knockbacks) should be skills that have already been mastered before attempting to do ranked.

Stage 3: Perfecting your strategy

When entering an arena, the first thing to do is to analyze the enemy team and determine who the weakest link is (easiest to kill) and plan accordingly. The strategy should complement the classes and specs you have on your team. For example, the main team we run in TL for DPS is vengeance and carnage. The veng jugg puts consistent pressure on either the DPS or healer, while the carnage Mara sets up his burst and calls for an AoE CC and hard switch onto the unguarded target for a kill with the jugg assisting. This strategy requires the whole team to be constantly coordinating, and that type of teamwork doesn't happen overnight. So regardless of what composition or strategy you use: practice and coordinate with your team. Without doing those two things, you'll lose every time regardless of your strategy or composition. This 3rd stage never really ends either, because teams can constantly get better the more they practice.

And lastly, stick to it. After every match try and identify what went well and what went wrong. Don't rage at your teammates for messing up, try and help them to figure out what needs to change in order to see results. Constructive criticism FTW.

If your team can't figure out what went wrong, ASK FOR HELP. 90% of the time the team that beats you can also tell you what you did wrong and how to fix it.

If anyone is interested in getting better to queue for group ranked, and ALREADY HAS A TEAM, please feel free to contact me in game and I'd be more than happy to help. TL definitely does not have the top ranked team on the server (Vicious/SF gets that award), but I'd like to think we're pretty damn close (so maybe we can help?)