Should something be done to improve defensive stats ?

Petnil

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tank are imo fine and tank tunneling have noting to do with how well defensive stats play out in pvp its a straight up derivative of a bad mechanic called guard.when guard makes it so going for the target with no potential guard aka the tank the most viable strategy there is something wrong with guard and not with the tank defensive stats.

now i would love to see defensive stats be a bit more desirable then full endurance but what ppl seems to want is to make tank unburstable and its not a wise idea.

crit debuff is not a good thing for the game its way too powerful to exist in a world when autocrits are some spacs core mechanics.

i think first and foremost guard needs to be handled after that the dev need to tie expertise to defensive stats in a linear way meaning every 1% expertise you get a free 0.1/2 shield/defense when spaced as a tank (dont pay attention to the numbers just the idea).

this will make shield/defense be at a place when having more of it on gear to get to a cap of some sort a goal and make pvp tank gear more desirable then pve due to the expertise convert.

now endurance and dcd`s are what exist to counter force/tech dmg and i think it should stay like that,tanks need to able to be burst down if 2/3 heavy force/tech users unload on them for a good period of time and if the dev fix guard (and its unavoidable btw) we will see a new dmg/healing scale to acomadate this kind of a fix which will hopefully lower force/tech and make endurance and dcd`s leveled with force/tech dmg so it wont eat up over 40% of a tank hp in one burst rotation.

anyway tanks only really need a 3%-5% or so more survivability just to widened the gap from dps survivability imo and it should come in the form of flat DR and not anything else.

Except the only people with enough crit to push off shield are autocrits. Seriously shield hangs around the 36% to 40% range tops, nobody has 60%+ crit chance.

And you can't push off autocrits since autocrits are really a +100% crit buff which would put that ability at 125%+ crit chance. And you couldn't give tanks a big enough crit debuff to effect that without completely neutering non autocrit specs.

I assume the autocrit mechanic ignores native crit. If it doesn't, then I can concede that autocrit would need a rework. As for the non-autocrit being nuetered, they already are to a point, but just about every AC has their burst tied to an ability or the entire AC/SPEC. I can't think of one class that doesn't have a huge crit add in some form or another. Even Shien Juggs with no real autocrit get Scream buffer to around 75%, something like those talents are pushing shield off the roll, correct?

I assume the autocrit mechanic ignores native crit. If it doesn't, then I can concede that autocrit would need a rework. As for the non-autocrit being nuetered, they already are to a point, but just about every AC has their burst tied to an ability or the entire AC/SPEC. I can't think of one class that doesn't have a huge crit add in some form or another. Even Shien Juggs with no real autocrit get Scream buffer to around 75%, something like those talents are pushing shield off the roll, correct?

1) It doesn't ignore the native crit.

2) Veng jugs get scream crit chance to around 70% with 1 stack, and >100% with 2 stacks. So they actually do have an autocrit

3) Pyro, arsenal, mm, eng, and conc have crit talents but they're not huge. Incidentally, none of those specs are very good lol.