Bioware a bit quiet recently?

Calisean

Well, E3 is in a week... do you think that might be connected to their silence this last month? :rolleyes:

*sigh* I see this every year with almost every game... "why is everyone so quiet, why is there no news"... for about a month or so before E3..

It's like people just can't fathom that they hold off as much as possible before E3 to have more to reveal there...

I don't think that swtor is at E3 this year. Still there is an update next week and the cantina tour. We will get some new stuff probably.

It doesn't matter if they are at E3 or not, the event itself is a highpoint of the year and most (if not all) companies try to release info around that time.

So much bullsith in this. There are at least 10-15 laughable moments. I dont have time to quote.

But hey :) I`ll be more than happy if we have another 3,5 years ahead. Let this time pass and then we can look forward.

YOUR character from SWTOR will appear in the as-yet-unnamed SWTOR 2 in various forms. Force Ghosts, holocrons, etc.

Maybe I cant fully understand this but how can my old character to appear in another separated game? Or "SWTOR 2" is going to be SWTOR 1 patch?

Edited by iankalo

/Agree

SWTOR is getting closer to maintenance mode. That is not a good sign.

Have you run out of jokes? New feature announced. New expansion announced. New voice acting being recorded. The pushback of Strongholds is unfortunate because otherwise these threads wouldn't even exist.

Have you run out of jokes? New feature announced. New expansion announced. New voice acting being recorded. The pushback of Strongholds is unfortunate because otherwise these threads wouldn't even exist.

It's just sad that he can't give it a rest when it's not accomplishing anything important.

To be honest when I read this part -

My only guess is that they are all playing Wildstar to see how you add x-server Q and proper crafting to a game

Well presuming they can log in to those wonderful x-server megaservers?

Maybe they are so busy waiting to get a login they have forgot to release any info about SWTOR?

Edited by cymonguk

I get that E3 is just around the corner and I know through Reddit/Twiiter that the voice actors have come back to do voice some new content, but being a community member since the beggining I think I just miss the constant Friday update. Always some news on whats going on is cool, not just the useless blabber on their twitter page

a whole wall of text spitting BS all over the place, it's even bad, like really bad, a jedi knight companion would die?

the knight returns as a CORPOREAL force ghost?

the bounty hunter killing vitate?

wat

this guy must have smoked something powerful before writing that nonsense.

Edited by _biddan_

Is it just me, or has Bioware not actually released any new info or videos for a month. There silence almost makes this thing look real

It doesn't ring true or make sense, for a list of reasons about as long as the post itself.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Im sorry but all this stuff saying "Omg Bioware tell us your plans" then jumping to "Omg Swtor is so dead" and all that crap has been going on for years, and it will continue to do so with this and every single MMO out there, its just that Swtor seems to have so much more of a problem because its the "thing" to hate on the market, be it valid or invalid in doing so. I'm getting a bit tired of it, they are telling us their plans ! Working on Housing and most likely the continuation of Forged Alliances, with the CM stuff on the side and that mini event (that actually looks a tad boring), still if I were an employee from Bioware I would be cautious to even say anything in the pipe lines because they get their heads bitten of every time. I may not always agree with the decisions they make, but to me it seems like they have an extremely stressful job.

As to that link, I, including the rest it seems, calls BS. Its too good to be true, but it would be awesome if Swtor 2 is ever released.

Edited by Darth_Exar

I'm hoping for some insights into the new Guild Flagships and associated Planetary Conquest missions as much as anyone, but whenever these "BioWare has gone quiet!" threads crop up I just feel old. Going over a month without news on a game just doesn't seem that unreasonable to me, and all I can figure is because I grew up with my only source for stuff like that being monthly magazines.

I understand that a constant stream of information is the new normal, and more is certainly better if they're willing to share it, but viscerally I just don't feel like a month or two in between news updates is too long for something like this.

And yeah, that reddit post strikes me as a spectacular bout of fan-fiction more than a credible story.

Edited by DarthDymond

I don't think that swtor is at E3 this year. Still there is an update next week and the cantina tour. We will get some new stuff probably.

They have a Cantina event across the road on the last day of E3 which also is a Thursday. Usually we have a dev stream on Thursdays and sometimes they put out new trailers or announce new things at the end of those.

/Agree

SWTOR is getting closer to maintenance mode. That is not a good sign.

That is why they currenlty recording new dialogues for your characters companions:

Yep, maintenance mode for sure...

Edited by yoomazir