why aren't level 55's allowed to que up for level 50 operations?

At level 55 you can't que up for the level 50 operations, explosive conflict, eternity vault, or karagga's palace. But, it lets you que up for level 50 flashpoints. In my opinion this is really stupid. If a level 55 player wants to que up for a level 50 operation shouldn't he be allowed to? Why is it set up this way? I really hope this gets changed in the near future. I don't see any logical reason to why it should be this way.

you mean queue up in groupfinder? no one uses group finder to get groups for ops everyone just assembles groups at fleet, seriously everyone would rather recruit each person and know they have at least decent gear for the op and such instead of risking it on group finder.

you mean queue up in groupfinder? no one uses group finder to get groups for ops everyone just assembles groups at fleet, seriously everyone would rather recruit each person and know they have at least decent gear for the op and such instead of risking it on group finder.

Yes I am talking about groupfinder. Anyone with rating 150 gear or better is plenty good. As a level 50 operation it has very low gear requirements. Most people would probably know better. And you would probably get a some overgeared players. It would probably work out fine. By making it available to level 55's it would increase chances of successfully completing it. So I think this would be a good thing.

Edited by watermelonfan

Does that include allowing level 55's to do explosive conflict with groupfinder?

At certain times, I believe so.

The Ops will be on a rotating schedule. You will only be able to queue for 1 or 2 every day and the Op in GF will change every 2-3 days.

This was one of my biggest pet peeves for a while (especially with the level 50 HM Flashpoints still there at level 55).

But as others have said it sounds like next week's new setup for Operations in the Group Finder will include the level 50 Ops in the rotation, which will make them available for level 55s. With each Operation being "featured" for a length of time, hopefully using Group Finder to queue for Ops will actually be a genuine option now.

Here's hoping my main can FINALLY run Explosive Conflict and finish off the one-time quest for it.

This was one of my biggest pet peeves for a while (especially with the level 50 HM Flashpoints still there at level 55).

But as others have said it sounds like next week's new setup for Operations in the Group Finder will include the level 50 Ops in the rotation, which will make them available for level 55s. With each Operation being "featured" for a length of time, hopefully using Group Finder to queue for Ops will actually be a genuine option now.

Here's hoping my main can FINALLY run Explosive Conflict and finish off the one-time quest for it.

Warning...!!! :p

HALT!!! Flee now and you may yet live; Approach and your lives are FORFEIT!

At certain times, I believe so.

The Ops will be on a rotating schedule. You will only be able to queue for 1 or 2 every day and the Op in GF will change every 2-3 days.

why only be allowed to queue for 1 or 2 everyday? Do the ones you don't que for have any limits? will the ques and non- qued ones stack?

Why doesn't the groupfinder have hard mode and nightmare mode versions? I know there require really good gear, but couldn't Bioware make it, so that it only lets you que if you are properly geared? I think that would be a great idea. At first there would probably be a lot of issues, like there was with bolster, but I am sure they would eventually get it right.

why only be allowed to queue for 1 or 2 everyday? Do the ones you don't que for have any limits? will the ques and non- qued ones stack?

The point is to funnel enough players into queuing for the same Op so that they can fill out full groups.

Lockouts will still work the same way as before, resetting each week. The cycle is just for which ones you can queue for through Group Finder itself, there's nothing stopping people from forming Pick-Up Groups or running the others with friends.

Why doesn't the groupfinder have hard mode and nightmare mode versions? I know there require really good gear, but couldn't Bioware make it, so that it only lets you que if you are properly geared? I think that would be a great idea. At first there would probably be a lot of issues, like there was with bolster, but I am sure they would eventually get it right.

The problem isn't so much gear as coordination. HM and especially NiM are designed to require a certain level of coordination to accomplish, and Group Finder isn't the way to accomplish that. You'd want a Guild or other Ops group (or a PUG that's specifically screening for people who know the fights) to tackle HMs and NiMs.