Dev Team Please Fix Gunnery.

ZGOZZ

Dear Dev Team.

I understand Assault Spec is great.

But I just like Gunnery, and IMO this tree lacks DPS out put, that Assault spec does, by I think 500 plus.

If you look at the parse Assault is at 3700, while Gunnery is at 3200. Can you please help use gunnery guys out..;)

Thanks

Z'inn

I'll tell you then.

Cleared every fight in NiM DF 16m as a Gunnery Commando.

DPS is overrated, knowing mechanics and having decent defences is superior.

Assault does well in simple 1 target fights that matter the least. It's the one that needs help and none of it is about dps.

Edited by Gyronamics

Please do not get me wrong, Gunnery is great. but could be better.

But it does not do the damage that it should. Just would like to see the Dev team response on some of the issues with it. And hopefully they can address it..

lol probably one of the best DPS I've had the pleasure of raiding with runs arsenal (gunnery). Arsenal (gunnery) was too RNG based before the previous patch, but now they can put out damage like no other class.

Pyro (Assault) does great on the dummy and for single target bosses where there is no (minimal) target switching, while Arsenal (Gunnery) blows it out of the water when there is target switching involved. Keep in mind that you need to keep up 2 (?) dots in Pyro (Assault) in order to do decent damage and your DPS will plummet if you switch targets (waiting for CDs on the dots and reapplying them). With Arsenal (Gunnery) you basically go Tracer Missile (Grav Round) and continue where you left off.

For DF NiM she goes:

- Nefra: Pyro / Assault (single target)

- Draxus: Arsenal / Gunnery (target switching)

- Grob'thok: Pyro / Assault (single target)

- CZ: Arsenal / Gunnery (target switching)

- Brontes: Arsenal / Gunnery (target switching)

Edited by HBCentaurion

lol probably one of the best DPS I've had the pleasure of raiding with runs arsenal (gunnery). Arsenal (gunnery) was too RNG based before the previous patch, but now they can put out damage like no other class.

Pyro (Assault) does great on the dummy and for single target bosses where there is no (minimal) target switching, while Arsenal (Gunnery) blows it out of the water when there is target switching involved. Keep in mind that you need to keep up 2 (?) dots in Pyro (Assault) in order to do decent damage and your DPS will plummet if you switch targets (waiting for CDs on the dots and reapplying them). With Arsenal (Gunnery) you basically go Tracer Missile (Grav Round) and continue where you left off.

For DF NiM she goes:

- Nefra: Pyro / Assault (single target)

- Draxus: Arsenal / Gunnery (target switching)

- Grob'thok: Pyro / Assault (single target)

- CZ: Arsenal / Gunnery (target switching)

- Brontes: Arsenal / Gunnery (target switching)

I think Pyro has a much more effective place in DP than in DF even in some of the fights requiring target swaps.

- Bestia: Either one works, Pyro/Assault would have trouble dealing with the Larva but the Dread Monsters have more than enough health that their target switching is a non-issue.

- Tyrans: Pyro/Assault (single target + movement + DoT damage reduction)

- Calphayus: Arsenal/Gunnery (target switching)

- Raptus: Either one works, the challenge adds are slightly better managed with Arsenal/Gunnery but they live long enough that Pyro/Assault works plus there are long stages of sustained damage needed.

- Dread Council: Pyro/Assault since everything has a ton of health meaning it's almost entirely sustained and kiting is possible (but not ideal). That and Pyro shield on the final phase.