Looking for a good site to order a new PC from, need help/suggestions

Chasekk

Looking to buy a new PC, want to customize its build and order it premade with custom specs. I do not want to order from dell/alienware. My last pc was a XPS and it was great, but now it seems like they are charging alot just for the name brand. I do not want to pay an extra 1000 dollars just so my PC can glow with LEDs and have a stupid alien head on it. But I havent bought a PC in 6 years so I dont know what sites to order from. Also alittle out of the loop on CPU tech. Looking to spend around 2k or lower. Any suggestions for sites or builds would be great.

Thanks all

My brother, father, and I all got systems from Cyberpower. They let you pick and choose all the various components, then assemble it and ship the complete system to you. Warranty included. My brother's had an issue with his power supply, but they replaced it promptly for free, and we've all been happy with our computers.

Looking to buy a new PC, want to customize its build and order it premade with custom specs. I do not want to order from dell/alienware. My last pc was a XPS and it was great, but now it seems like they are charging alot just for the name brand. I do not want to pay an extra 1000 dollars just so my PC can glow with LEDs and have a stupid alien head on it. But I havent bought a PC in 6 years so I dont know what sites to order from. Also alittle out of the loop on CPU tech. Looking to spend around 2k or lower. Any suggestions for sites or builds would be great.

Thanks all

1) New Egg

2) Tigerdirect

3) Xoxide (for case and mods)

Any Athlon II, Phenom II or i5/i7 series will work with at least 4 GB PC3 10600 DDR III+ and AMD 565x/665x+ or Nvidia GTX 4xx/5xx+.

Just trying to be as general as possible. With $1500 you should be able to get pretty beefy with your build.

Order the parts from newegg

Put together parts yourself

You would have trouble spending $1500

or

Buy a custom pre-assembled

Pay $1500

Get a $800 comp

As for build

i7 2600k

GeForce 580 or Radeon HD 6980 (570/6970 is cheaper without any noticeable difference in swtor)

at least 8gb DDR3 1600 of RAM

Edited by MercArcher