If you want to help newbies if pvp, raise the comm cap!

StrikePrice

2750 comms is too low. You wind up being able only to buy a couple of pieces when you hit 55 (or you have to do a ridiculous exploit). Then, you're the guy that gets yelled at "don't PVP with 27k health!" Because of the comm cap, there's no other way to do it. The cap should be like 10,000 so that when you reach 55, you can get a near set of Tier 1 and be useful.

And, don't say bolster makes you useful, it does not. Bolstered targets are soft targets.

Edited by StrikePrice

Here's the thing:

Bolster manipulation + whatever gear you can buy + class stim is fine for norms. If people are telling you not to queue, then they can stuff it. They were there too at one time. However, if you're a fresh 55 going YOLO, then the others have every right to be mad--and not just because the gear gap.

I don't think first-time 55 should be jumping right into ranked. 55 PvP is a whole different animal from lowbie's. It's really obvious when a newb is in your group because he's totally unprepared and taken aback. So spending the week or so running norms to gear is a good thing because it forces people to learn classes differences, characteristics, etc. and experience stuff they'd never see in lowbie's.

That said. The Comm cap definitely needs to be raised.

...for subs.

Yes, esp. because there is a work-around that allows anyone who is willing to go through a major pain in the *** have virtually unlimited comms.

i ended up with like 20 weapons, capped on comms. i was basically in a full min/maxed set of pvp gear the moment i hit 55.

yolo queue ranked is basically regstar pugging but with a rating.. so its best not to enter without gear cause people will go on there period. Besides its not like you can buy the gear till you have obroan gear anyway.

i ended up with like 20 weapons, capped on comms. i was basically in a full min/maxed set of pvp gear the moment i hit 55.

Exactly! Why make players do this? Just raise the cap so they can be close to full T1 when they hit 55.

I would also like to see Comms shared within a Legacy as well. Let us amass the Comms on whatever toon we wish, and use them for any toon we wish. Sort of a Legacy Wallet for WZ and RWZ Comms.

Sure, we can get around it now with Legacy gear, but why continue having the hassle and credit sink? Casual PvP game is casual, give us a Legacy Wallet for Comms.

I would also like to see Comms shared within a Legacy as well. Let us amass the Comms on whatever toon we wish, and use them for any toon we wish. Sort of a Legacy Wallet for WZ and RWZ Comms.

Sure, we can get around it now with Legacy gear, but why continue having the hassle and credit sink? Casual PvP game is casual, give us a Legacy Wallet for Comms.

Please, then we can farm 10k comms on our lvl 40 guard/jugg in 30-54 :D

Just get rid of the *********** comm limit... God it's dumb...

"Hey I just hit 55 and I've got 2750 comms, I guess I'll buy 2 pieces of armor... Cool..." *********** stupid... The thing is, somewhere there was a meeting and this was discussed and someone said "Let's make the comm limit 2750." and everyone else thought it was a good idea... I can't imagine being surrounded by that level of ineptitude...

It's just another sign of how backward BW's logic is. They're introducing bolster instead of making it easier for people to actually earn the gear and/or have it ready at 55. Sure , there are ways of circumventing their stupid restrictions but it would be a whole lot easier to just get rid of the cap. And does it even matter at what level we earn the comms? The important thing is that we play.

Craftable PvP gear + much higher comms cap + ability to buy PvP end-game gear pre-55 = no need for bolster

Edited by MidichIorian

It's just another sign of how backward BW's logic is. They're introducing bolster instead of making it easier for people to actually earn the gear and/or have it ready at 55. Sure , there are ways of circumventing their stupid restrictions but it would be a whole lot easier to just get rid of the cap. And does it even matter at what level we earn the comms? The important thing is that we play.

Craftable PvP gear + much higher comms cap + ability to buy PvP end-game gear pre-55 = no need for bolster

thats why they would never do it...they are actually proud of bolster.

Raising the comm cap would be nice, Also I am liking the legacy comm share idea.

Year ago, you hit 50, they mailed a PvP starter set, blues. How about, Bioware send fresh 55's starter mods for PvP, I say mods, because so much fashion now (adaptive gear), be nicer to have the mods then starter gear. Insert into adaptive gear. Prevents people from coming in with greens. Double exp weekend happens and yep, lots and lots of greens. So yeah, bolster not fixing that. Agreed.

:ph_thank_you:

I'd vote for "setting the comms limit to exactly a full entry set". Like... EXACTLY that number.

So if you want to collect enough to do serious pvp, you can go ahead and do that.

On the other hand... if you really are a serious pvp player, you might as well stack those adrenals and medkits and do that tiny bit of grind afterwards. It really isn't bad, not compared to this game in it's earlies and just about any other game I know that still maintains any kind of gear progression.

But yes, I'm at several hundred meds/adrenals now... seriously thinking about doing the whole weapon swap thing. Only: that would condemn me to stupid camping on the fleet instead of doing the story.