Brought this up in the Suggestions forum (aug'ed PvP gear)

MidichIorian

Disclaimer: Well, it's pointless to post anything related to PvP in the Suggestions forum because the only ones scouting that forum are PvE'ers and people who generally don't have a clue of what they're talking about and will try to counter your arguments with things that arent even true.

Anyhow, my suggestion was that all PvP gear should come with augment slots.

Reasons

*The augs have a greater impact on stats than 500 expertise so it's futile to add bolster if you don't fix the other parameter too. It actually would have been better to have added aug slots first because it can disguise lack of expertise whereas a 25K player will be spotted the second you look at his HP bar. Ideally, with aug slots they wouldnt have to bolster as much as they currently do, bolster could have capped out on 1700 instead, making more room for PvP progression.

*No more "I'm going to get the next tier anyway" as a reply to "you think it's a good idea to play ranked in a non-auged stock set". I've had this discussion numerous times despite that i don't play ranked much.

*We would be able to use the PvP shells. Few, if anyone, use the PvP shells today because it's a waste of credits when we eventually have to turn in the shells for the next tier.

*Less of zoning out when you notice that you're stuck with a group in the 25-27K range. Had one game today where everyone ran from the non-auged premade.

*A bone to a niche of the game that generally doesnt generate that many credits.

Cons

*PvE envy, this is pretty much what I encountered in the Suggestions forum.

*It will certainly have some effect on those who craft aug kits but I don't see it hitting them that hard. Then again, it will open up the market for those selling augments.

*People farming warzones for the sake of an auged set. Meh, if a person otherwise is a dedicated PvE'er I don't see them sitting through 100 warzones for an auged set they perhaps don't even like, look'wise. PvE'ers are generally making more credits so it's not that big of a deal for them. And even if they would go through the trouble I don't see it being any different than farming warzones for relics or for a BM set they intend on using in PvE.

Edited by MidichIorian

You still don't get one of the recruit gear dilemmas.

They sent free recruit gear to people, in the mail and people STILL didn't put it on. You honestly think giving a free augment slot will do anything other than bring more PvE idiots who will just want pre-augmented shells for free?

The people who refuse to augment will still not augment. It would be easier to nullify augment and bolster everyone to top level augments for every item they have (or just nullify them completely).

You still don't get one of the recruit gear dilemmas.

They sent free recruit gear to people, in the mail and people STILL didn't put it on. You honestly think giving a free augment slot will do anything other than bring more PvE idiots who will just want pre-augmented shells for free?

The people who refuse to augment will still not augment. It would be easier to nullify augment and bolster everyone to top level augments for every item they have (or just nullify them completely).

Not really fair to compare it to recruit gear. Recruit gear was garbage, both in terms of stats and the fact that it was blue (no one augs blue gear) Hence, uneducated people figured that it would be better to use the, stat's wise, superior PvE gear.

With auged sets there's really no excuse for not slapping cheap blue augments in there. It's a completely different dilemma because it comes down to credits and not everyone is able or willing to spend +1M on a new character.

Also, if PvP'ers - and I'm working under the assumption that most PvP'ers arent amazing at making credits - didnt have to blow the majority of their credits on augmentation costs they'd spend them on something els. That "something els" could potentially be CM items from GTN. So even if it wouldnt directly increase CM purchases it would speed up the market and potentially give people more incentive to buy CC in an effort to generate in-game creds.

Personally I think it was a bad idea to implement augments into the game. They're not doing anything other than segregating groups and making content balance more challenging.

Edited by MidichIorian