Should I even bother?

Should I even bother making my juggernaut dps instead of tank at 55? From what I've been able to gather I hear again and again that Juggernauts are garbage dps and people would take a marauder any time of the week over a juggernaut. Is this the truth or an exagerration?

I'm still staying juggernaut though since I actually like the tanking side of it, but at the same time I like the dps side a little more. But if it's as bad as people on these forums are stating then there's little to no reason to go vengeance. :(

Am I right or wrong on this matter? Please answer as thoroughly and detailed as you can, that would be lovely.

Edited by DarthMurloc

Should I even bother making my juggernaut dps instead of tank at 55? From what I've been able to gather I hear again and again that Juggernauts are garbage dps and people would take a marauder any time of the week over a juggernaut. Is this the truth or an exagerration?

I'm still staying juggernaut though since I actually like the tanking side of it, but at the same time I like the dps side a little more. But if it's as bad as people on these forums are stating then there's little to no reason to go vengeance. :(

Am I right or wrong on this matter? Please answer as thoroughly and detailed as you can, that would be lovely.

It's complete garbage.

As of right now Guardian/Juggernaut is one of the most highly desirable DPS specs in PVE due to a combination of burst, snap mobility, and sustained DPS. We are not garbage in any way shape or form, and anyone who says that is an idiot.

As for PVP, enraged defense and ravage root. Nuff said. Also, here is a completely unedited warzone of me kicking *** on a Guardian if you need proof:

If you want to see what toptier guardians and juggernauts do compared to other classes in PVE hop over to this thread:

Ebon Hawk Server PVE DPS leaderboards http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=628575

And here: SWTOR World PVE DPS leaderboards: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=734965

(The world leaderboards are highly skewed due to the short dummy duration, and the Ebon Hawk has the most complete 1.5 million dummy board I've seen so far, which is why Guardians are skewed lower on the world boards, plus the world boards allow certain exploits that aren't allowed on the Ebon Hawk Boards, and Guardians don't have those exploits. That's why the Ebon Hawk boards give a much more clearer picture.)

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Who the hell on the forums has been saying Vengeance is bad? You sure you're not looking at threads from two years ago? We're one of the top DPS classes right now. We have the best defensive cooldowns of any DPS, and we have an armor reduction as a baseline ability that we are encouraged to use in our rotation. Saber Reflect offers great utility in operations (Orbs on DF Brontes), and being taunt-capable is more useful than you think (Dismantlers in DF Draxus fight).

Juggs have it great right now. Only reason I don't DPS for my guild is because it's more fun to tank (they also love having a Jugg tank, and I'm pretty much their only one, so they throw tank gear at me).

Edited by Vid-szhite