Nearly 50, what do with Planet comms?

Cleev

Hello,

I'm leveling a Jedi Knight, right now he's 43 and I have about 45 planet comms. He actually needs a mod upgrade (still having lvl 33 mods), but I don't know if I should just keep going until 50 and save the comms? Is there any big thing that I can do with the comms at 50 or can I just upgrade, when I'm nearly at 100 comms?

Thanks.

Edited by Cleev

I'm keeping on top of my alt's gear too much ATM and it's damaging my comms.

Unless you're F2P, the real problem is 55.

How many moddable pieces do you have? Chest I'm guessing. Helmet? Legs? Belt? Boots? Wrists?

If you have all pieces orange, it's 7x6 = 42 comms, then 5x4 = 20 comms, and 2x2 = 4. 66 comms to upgrade all 6 pieces.

If you think you can constantly get enough comms, then upgrade now. Makeb Commendations vendor has the earliest end-game 50 gear (it's hard to explain).

You'll often get drops of Black Hole gear end-game, which is good lvl 50 stuff.

But if you have access to operations, when you hit 50 you can look for a PuG of EV or KP HM. (Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace.) They drop Hazmat gear, pretty much the best lvl 50 gear there is, and with most of the group 55 it's pretty easy. If most are 55, you shouldn't have problems with others needing on gear.

As I said, 55 is the real problem.

Edited by TheRandomno

I used mine on Makeb commendation mods. I usually run with a full set of moddable gear, weapons and offhand included. That comes out to like 154 planetary comms needed to buy every single piece of makeb comm mods i need. I usually have no problem keeping all my mod slots upgraded every 4 levels but even then I end up getting close to my planetary comm cap. Once i hit Corellia i end up buying barrels and holding onto them for an hour and a half. Then i go back to the comm vendor buy some more barrels and i return the ones i bought an hour and a half ago for a planetary comm refund (careful not to return too many so that i hit the cap or comms get wasted). By doing this i'm able to have @ 90-100 comms and also 5-8 barrels which is the equivalent of an additional 56 comms. That way once i hit 55 i buy all the makeb comms i need and head right over to Makeb without worrying about having to stop and farm up comms. A long time ago you used to be able to buy barrels and hilts and mods from the comm vendor even if you were too low level for it. But now that planetary comms have all been merged into 1 currency and you have to be the level of the mod to purchase it i have to do the above.

If you have all pieces orange, it's 7x6 = 42 comms, then 5x4 = 20 comms, and 2x2 = 4. 66 comms to upgrade all 6 pieces.

head, chest, legs, gloves, boots, belt, and bracers

plus 1 hilt / barrel for mainhand

plus 1 hilt / barrel / armoring for offhand

That's 9 pieces that need something that costs 7 comms each. That's 63 comms just for that part of your upgrades.

That's 9 pieces that need the "mod" mod items as well. That's another 18 comms.

Belt and bracers don't take enhancements, so that's 7 pieces that need an enhancement. That's another 14 comms.

Grand total = 95 comms for a FULL upgrade.

(Side note: Costs are 10 per hilt / barrel / armoring and 4 per mod / enhancement at the Makeb vendor. 90 + 36 + 28 = 154 total to fully deck out in that level of gear.)

I'm keeping on top of my alt's gear too much ATM and it's damaging my comms.

Unless you're F2P, the real problem is 55.

I completely disagree with that.

At level 50 you can get all your moddable gear modded with 140 rating mods. You need 100 planetary comms + 2000 warzone comms that you can trade in for planetary comms after spending the initial 100.

At level 53 you can easily get the 156 rating earpiec and implants as well as upgrade your weapons, belt and bracers to that rating by crafting or buying the mods cheaply from the gtn from other crafters.

At level 55 you should have gotten 1400 warzone comms again so you can get the obroan pvp relics which are actually better than the arkanian ones, even in pve.

Then you do the Oricon quest line and you get more 156 gear to fill out the complete set.

It really isn't hard to do and with the full 156 set with the obroan relics you are ready to tackle SM operations and start gearing up for real.

Seriously, it's not that hard to do, especially since as of level 50 you can do dailies like ilum and black hole that give you all the creds you need to buy the level 53 gear (rating 156).

Edited by Tsillah

Hello,

I'm leveling a Jedi Knight, right now he's 43 and I have about 45 planet comms. He actually needs a mod upgrade (still having lvl 33 mods), but I don't know if I should just keep going until 50 and save the comms? Is there any big thing that I can do with the comms at 50 or can I just upgrade, when I'm nearly at 100 comms?

Thanks.

Use them for the mods from makeb, thats what I do. Get a full armoring set and a few of the other mods and your all set until you can get better mods in the level 53-55 range. Saves a lot of $$$$ tryin gto buy them.