How about Making Warzone Daily & Weekly

TrueSpurlocK

So yeah, people like queuing for solo ranked now, at least on our server since the new dailies came out. But now it's kind of slowing down. You have people that want to queue, but know that they aren't going to win, so they just drop the daily, and don't queue. So how about we increase the number of arena wins it takes to get the daily and weekly, and base it on matches played instead of matches won. You did it with regular warzones, I don't see why changing it with ranked would be a problem. If anything, it would get ranked going for a lot of dead servers.

I argued for this too in the past. But I think they figure (and maybe rightly so), it'll just support scrubs to just sit there and lose fights without trying, if they can get their daily/weekly done with losses. Edited by HeatRacer

I argued for this too in the past. But I think they figure (and maybe rightly so), it'll just support scrubs to just sit there and lose fights without trying, if they can get their daily/weekly done with losses.

True, I can see that as well, but that kind of attitude shouldn't be tolerated. If people are throwing games in star wars, it's because the support in this game isn't doing a very good job.

Now don't get me wrong, I love playing swtor, but if you step back and take a look at how some other games handle pvp. if someone is afk in a queue, they can't queue for like 5 minutes. Constant afk's end up being banned from the game. People who intentionally ruin warzones and give the other teams kills for wins, should be immediately banned for a period of time. It's ranked, so we are all subscribers there. If someone who is a subscriber is banned, they are wasting their money because they won't be able to play the game.

It all boils down to the community. If pvp was really taken seriously on this game, monitoring players because they are doing something wrong would actually mean that they are being monitored. I don't really think that Bioware can really view anything that your character is doing at all.

We can throw the excuse that this isn't "wow" or "league of legends" or "dota2" But pvp is pvp, you know? The "do's" and "don'ts" of pvp are fairly simple. Don't throw games, don't afk out of them, don't intentionally feed (throwing games), and Don't harass other players. If these rules are hard to enforce, how can you maintain a decent pvp community.

Like I said at the beginning though. I agree to what you are saying, it does kind of encourage people to play poorly just to play. But if Bioware can enforce a set of rules, and watch for player conduct tickets, I'm sure that they can easily make sure that people are playing the game the way it should be played, and the community will stay competitive. Maybe :p

A lot of suggestions on here revolve around having BW monitor even more things, which just isn't realistically practical, especially for a niche part of the game like ranked. You think they're going to devote precious resources to monitoring ranked pvp match complaints when they already have their hands full trying to stem the gold spammers, among other things? It's far easier to discourage the game-throwers by just not having it count for their dailies/weeklies than it is to assign staff to investigate all the claims and complaints.

The sole purpose of ranked is to win. I disagree with this suggestion. I do however think that valor 40 and Expertise 2018 should be required for ranked. Expertise 2018 simply for the fact that you should be geared prior to going into ranked, and Valor 40 for 2 reasons. You can't have ranked comms until Valor 40, and it would help deter those new to pvp to come into a match. Edited by xMaranathax

The sole purpose of ranked is to win. I disagree with this suggestion. I do however think that valor 40 and Expertise 2018 should be required for ranked. Expertise 2018 simply for the fact that you should be geared prior to going into ranked, and Valor 40 for 2 reasons. You can't have ranked comms until Valor 40, and it would help deter those new to pvp to come into a match.

Making 2018 expertise as a requirement takes away player min/maxing. People do just as good, if not BETTER, that players who usually run 2018 expertise. This is just about on every server.

As far as the monitoring thing goes, no one is saying Bioware should literally look in on ranked matches. Obviously they can't do that. It's clearly states that players who are reported for throwing games, or players who are literally having "ticket" after "ticket" written about them should be looked at more often than there is now. The tickets should be looked at. If you haven't realized, there is no section in swtor where players can express there complaints for players in pvp. There is a "player inappropriate behavior" ticket selection, but that could be used for a wide variety of things. If players had a go to area to report other players for things that happened in pvp, it would force players to queue up for ranked, and do their best, therefore making wins and losses mean more, and people won't have a problem queuing up for the day.

Edited by TrueSpurlocK

A lot of suggestions on here revolve around having BW monitor even more things, which just isn't realistically practical, especially for a niche part of the game like ranked. You think they're going to devote precious resources to monitoring ranked pvp match complaints when they already have their hands full trying to stem the gold spammers, among other things? It's far easier to discourage the game-throwers by just not having it count for their dailies/weeklies than it is to assign staff to investigate all the claims and complaints.

Tell that to players on a server who have a high population, but have no ranked going. If pvp is of no concern to them, then all of the complaints for extra dailies, and more coms would have never been brought to the table. The whole purpose of changing the daily/weekly for warzones in the first place was so that people would queue up and play. If you didn't play the game pre 1.3, you probably have no idea what it was like for players who queued up and lost all of their matches and never got their weekly/daily done. That's why it was changed. So now, you have to ask yourself. Players like queuing for ranked, but 4 man ranked teams won't queue unless they know they will get some wins out of it. Solo ranked players won't queue up for ranked because the lowest rated players on the server are queuing. They know they won't win, so it's not ideal for them to queue, because they don't get anything for a loss. So why not encourage players to play by doing what they did at 1.3, and make it the exact same. Most people don't look out far enough to see these things. You see ranked pvp, and that's all you see. I see server population, and I see what ranked could be. You see what I'm saying?

It goes a lot more than just into ranked if you want to talk about Bioware monitoring PVP in general. So that part is more than just "niche." If we want to talk about monitoring things better. It comes with being a game developer.

Edited by TrueSpurlocK

There's definitely an issue. We're counting an average of 2-4 people leaving each WZ win or lose on the unranked side per match. There need to be incentives to play, and incentives to stay, win or lose. Arena it's even worse. People lose one match and leave, dooming the team. How's that fair? Needs to be incentives to stay and penalties for leaving.

The alternative argument to that though is people crash out of warzones a lot. Doesn't matter your PC or connection, we have several guildies crash out of WZ's every night for seemingly no reason. Happens to me too. No idea why. So that needs to be addressed.

There are simply a lot of issues in pvp that need to be addressed. This is only one important piece of a large ugly puzzle.

Solo ranked players won't queue up for ranked because the lowest rated players on the server are queuing. They know they won't win, so it's not ideal for them to queue, because they don't get anything for a loss. So why not encourage players to play by doing what they did at 1.3, and make it the exact same.

The people who actually care about their rating are the ones this hurts (and rating is the entire point and difference between that and regs). As you say, it encourages "the scrubs" (colloquial term for the unprepared, under-geared, and/or unskilled) to queue, mostly as a way to just farm ranked comms. Like many people, I feel ranked should NOT be a place to gear up; you should already be geared/prepared for competition BEFORE going in. Heck, I wouldn't even have a problem if they made ranked reward NO comms at all, so that only the people who want to be there for the actual competition and rating will show up.

Edited by HeatRacer

The people who actually care about their rating are the ones this hurts (and rating is the entire point and difference between that and regs). As you say, it encourages "the scrubs" (colloquial term for the unprepared, under-geared, and/or unskilled) to queue, mostly as a way to just farm ranked comms. Like many people, I feel ranked should NOT be a place to gear up; you should already be geared/prepared for competition BEFORE going in. Heck, I wouldn't even have a problem if they made ranked reward NO comms at all, so that only the people who want to be there for the actual competition and rating will show up.

But the whole point in ranked is to divide the Good players from the bad players. The one reason the "elo" system doesn't work in swtor is because few people queue for ranked. If 500 people queued instead of 100, you would be matched up with players more often, who are around your elo.