this class is a waste of time for serious pvper's

ohok

i wouldnt recommend this class to anyone who is serious about pvp.I love the class for pve but junk for pvp.Especially arenas.i mean give me a break.I suppose its my own fault for not doing enough pvp research before choosing this class but with the monster arena issues you would think the devs would do something to even the field.Isnt it obvious when looking at arena teams that no one uses this class for them.Im sure i will hear all the responses about how i dont know the class bla bla bla but MM sniper is way too flawed for pvp other than unranked Edited by ohok

That's just it it's not proving your point. You specifically stated that the class is a waste of time for pvp, that entails arena's yes but also warzones as well. Snipers in warzones are an entirely different matter completely.

if you expect to facetank and survive in pvp as a sniper, you are doing it wrong.

Snipers are rougher to play in arenas, yes. But with adequate skill, you can literally gift the match to your team ( in solo queue ). In team ranked, if you have competent team mates, you can be a major boon to the team as well.

Learn to kite, stop being a turret and don't expect to win on day1 in arenas. It takes time to learn a class.

I believe the thread title was "serious pvpers".Most of them like to do ranked arenas.

Most players in ranked are (probably) 'serious pvpers'. But that does not mean that most 'serious pvpers' play ranked arenas or ranked arenas only.

if you expect to facetank and survive in pvp as a sniper, you are doing it wrong.

Snipers are rougher to play in arenas, yes. But with adequate skill, you can literally gift the match to your team ( in solo queue ). In team ranked, if you have competent team mates, you can be a major boon to the team as well.

Learn to kite, stop being a turret and don't expect to win on day1 in arenas. It takes time to learn a class.

snipers / gs are supposed to be turrets, they have stealth detection bonuses for crouching longer and even regenerate health if they are an engineering sniper. they have pushback immunity while crouching as well.

it works encredibly well for me, i love it. a turret class would never "kite" like a melee class.

snipers / gs are supposed to be turrets, they have stealth detection bonuses for crouching longer and even regenerate health if they are an engineering sniper. they have pushback immunity while crouching as well.

it works encredibly well for me, i love it. a turret class would never "kite" like a melee class.

Guessing you have played 0 ranked matches.

turd class.bottom of the barrel in arenas.nuff said

I see your sniper worst class and raise you a Marauder worst class. But i can agree that both are because i believe that some classes (mostly pub side are the devs favorite) but any how i'm sure i'll get L2p, blah blah blah, too so, i dont care....

i wouldnt recommend this class to anyone who is serious about pvp.I love the class for pve but junk for pvp.Especially arenas.i mean give me a break.I suppose its my own fault for not doing enough pvp research before choosing this class but with the monster arena issues you would think the devs would do something to even the field.Isnt it obvious when looking at arena teams that no one uses this class for them.Im sure i will hear all the responses about how i dont know the class bla bla bla but MM sniper is way too flawed for pvp other than unranked

Nobody I know or have seen plays more than a few unranked as Marks even unranked except for a few fun matches. Never seen a sniper in 55's ranked. You'd get destroyed and a properly specced/geared/built any class does better right now in the right unit composition. You kite a Marks and they're worthless, same with Gunslingers.

Edited by siegeshot

Snipers have never been good at arenas, because it is easy to spot us. We dominate regs, because we can hide somewhere and dish out damage without being seen. My main defense strategy involves running away a lot (Ok ROLLING away) whenever i get focused. Healers heal me up, i run back up and start hitting them again.

"Serious pvpers" don't only play ranked. I pvp quite a lot, and i rarely do ranked, because i dislike having all that pressure on me. It is much funner for me to troll people with Plasma Probe on the door on Voidstar, than to get focused right away in an arena.

• 2 weeks later...

Players have been telling Bioware this for over a year or more. Having a turret class with low survivability is a completely backwards concept. Turrets are the most heavily fortified (tanks) (pillboxes) assets on the battlefield. Or they are out of range of the infantry (artillery).

Making "glass cannons" has got to be one of the biggest bonehead class design decisions of all time. At the very least, it is only possible with pve agro -taunt mechanics but for pvp has been a complete fail.

Edited by MotorCityMan

It's a l2p issue.

I have a 2.6k rank sniper because I know how to play the class. The problem is very few actually realize how to play the sniper effectively and what its role is in arenas and warzones. 99% of snipers in pvp make me cringe because they have no idea what they're doing.

Oh well. If you convince BW to buff my class I have no problem with that.

Edited by EnzoForMe

This is so, so wrong. Maybe you'll get away with this in warzones unranked but good luck in ranked with this approach.

They are fine in warzones. Arena is a mini-game that has ruined pvp in several mmos now.

Massive ... Multi-player ... Online

+

Star Wars

=

4 man arena?

WTH Bioware!?

Fix your game and offer real pvp that doesn't obliterate class concepts. A sniper in a small death match arena? This makes sense how? 4 man arena being the focus of a Star Wars mmo? Bioware used a broken engine and the players are drinking the kool-aid accepting this travesty.

Snipers should be good on larger, strategic, actual war-like maps. Oh wait! They are! But can we effectively progress through the pvp grind this game insists on? Nope.

Edited by Tamanous

It's a l2p issue.

I have a 2.6k rank sniper because I know how to play the class. The problem is very few actually realize how to play the sniper effectively and what its role is in arenas and warzones. 99% of snipers in pvp make me cringe because they have no idea what they're doing.

Oh well. If you convince BW to buff my class I have no problem with that.

EnzoForMe,

Sooooooo Enzo where is your how to PVP guide. I love my 43 Sniper, but I am sucking ^$$ in PVP. And I just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks for volunteering!

:)

EnzoForMe,

Sooooooo Enzo where is your how to PVP guide. I love my 43 Sniper, but I am sucking ^$$ in PVP. And I just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks for volunteering!

:)

Lol. Tempting. But if I were to do that I would need videos and such and that's just way too much effort. No one taught me, you'll be fine if you stick with it.