Want to hear from good folks about a bad thing

Almar_

The only reason why they are actually so invasive in your actions is because your reaction gains them entertainment. If you stop feeding them attention, they'll eventually grow tired and bored of it and leave you alone.

The golden rule here is what Zuhara said. Posting on forums, spying on other guilds etc. only makes it worse.

Clean up your guild, lock your GB, secure your webiste if you have one and move on.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

consider the fact that they demanded a sum of 3 Million credits to make this spoiling of our events stop.

In-game Blackmail ?

Interesting. Isn't that against the TOS ?

Nah your not second class costumers BW doing same thing to all their costumers...

No. Because to classes, they even got the class rep program. They are working on combat balancing - but they do absolutely nothing towards role-playing players. It's clear that they want SWTOR to become a mere hack & dslay MMO.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Perhaps they're just RP'ing as villains and instigators?

There's a huge difference between RPing as villains and being jerks as players. From the description, this sounds very definitely in the latter category. People who use "we're only RPing" as an excuse to be horrible toward other players are flat-out despicable. They're the ones who give RPers a bad reputation.

aren't you insulting another player as of now? just saying...

you don't have to verbally attack this person simply because you disagree with them. i think i also remember it saying somewhere in the jargon that if you see report-worthy material, you must report it and do not entangle with it. of course, anyone who would take the time to observe it all the way through for the sake of pinning up another forumite is either a troll or a lawyer.

Where is the insult or attack there? All I'm doing is criticizing the person, there isn't a single insult in there.

And you just basically underlined my point again, thanks.

there is constructive criticism and trolling. trolling has no purpose other than to harass someone. trolling is also done in a snooty attitude like the comment underlined, directed at another.

although you do have a point that the OP has made mistakes, but you do not know anything about the affairs of this person and his or her guild. you never know how serious it is, so mind your own business.

You sling your sentences together as if someone offended you.

Talk about arrogance. Please, all I need to know is that a person is claiming the guild business and attempting to gain pity from others on a matter that CS has deemed too minor to act on. Based on the fact that every action they have listed as a complaint is escapable by /ignore, setting up personal chat channels, and ignoring pixelated characters in a video game, I know this particular affair is a mess that only they can clean up themselves.

If you got a problem with me being right, report me. Nothing's going to happen, simply because I'm only criticizing you and the OP. Remember the analogy of a troll being like a virus?

Try not to be such an easy target.

Edited by ZooMzy

Thank you all I'm getting some great feed back! Ive decided i wont argue with this zoo guy anymore i don't want to feed him further. I am, however enjoying some of the valid points the rest of you are making. I have already used much of your advice. FYI to all of you that thought this was not report worthy we have been told by an ex member of their guild that approached us, that they have received warnings and our last two events have been harassment free!

So as long as they leave us alone, as a show of good faith, I will not be posting further on this matter. If the debate continues here I'll watch the conversation with interest though.

Edited by Almar_

Thank you all I'm getting some great feed back! Ive decided i wont argue with this zoo guy anymore i don't want to feed him further. I am, however enjoying some of the valid points the rest of you are making. I have already used much of your advice. FYI to all of you that thought this was not report worthy we have been told by an ex member of their guild that approached us, that they have received warnings and our last two events have been harassment free!

Gonna leave this here, since I've already made a response.

I countered your points, I can't concede to ones that are rooted in self righteous bigotry and have no other logical backing. I'm sorry you have a problem with being wrong and seeking to blame me for your shortcomings.

At least my points are actually logical, backed by CS' actions of deleting your first thread. Which is why you can't counter them, only whine and complain about them supporting something you believe to be a problem when the only real problem is you.

GG kids, thanks for the easy win. I'll be here to respond if you try to get more pity from people and relisting my points again to enlighten any new readers here, or until CS decides to remove this thread.

Oh, and don't let me catch you wandering around my server with a PvP flag on.

1. Gather a List of all guild members involved in the harassment

2. Have EVERY member of your guild /report them and then /ignore them

3. When choosing a location and time for an RP event, have one person coordinate it giving only the date and time. Once everyone is in a group together, use GROUP chat to let everyone know where you are going. If they still show up, you have a traitor in your midst.

4. Take a break from the game. Most deviants get BORED when they have no predatory target and move on. Gather all your mates together to go play GW2 or Rift for a week. Let the harassers lose interest.

5. Take screen caps of the harassment and blackmailing and send them to someone in support after calling a support number:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186

UK: (0203) 0141 826

Germany: (0221) 8282 9212 (Phone support available from 09.00 CET - 21.00 CET)

France: (048) 168 1051 (Phone support available from 09.00 CET - 21.00 CET)

Help Center

If you need to draw IMMEDIATE attention to it, take the screen caps, host them online, and send the link to @SWTORTracker where the Devs hang out.

If you got a problem with me being right, report me. Nothing's going to happen, simply because I'm only criticizing you and the OP. Remember the analogy of a troll being like a virus?

Actually your meaningless banter in this thread has nothing to do with the original post. Instead your only argument to justify your position is with cryptic references to non existent threads in other sub forums and nothing to do with the first post in this thread.

Actually your meaningless banter in this thread has nothing to do with the original post. Instead your only argument to justify your position is with cryptic references to non existent threads in other sub forums and nothing to do with the first post in this thread.

That's because two threads, in the Begeren Colony server forums that this thread post is copying, have been "deleted" by Customer Service as violations to forum policies. Which, by "deleted", I mean moved to a separate section of the forums only accessible and viewable by administrators in order to keep the post count the threads bring.

I mean, if you want to believe I made up that post above, then go right ahead. I can't really convince CS to unlock a thread to prove you wrong, but if you read into Almar's posts in relation to me, you can tell he's already had an extensive argument with me with his "I'm done arguing with this Zoo guy".

And since you don't really see him extensively and directly arguing with me in this thread, how can he be tired of arguing with me if this is the only place that I, apparently, argued the issue?

Oh, and another point, when a redirection tells you "You do not have permission to access this thread", that means there is a thread that exists. The redirect would be completely different if I had just made it up.

Finally, this isn't "meaningless banter". I'm sorry you find being wrong to be an attack or insult, but it's not my fault you choose to argue with emotion instead of reason.

Because last time I checked, "you're not being harassed", "you are violating the ToS yourself by responding with insults", and "you're the problem if a troll is so successful" relates to the original post where the person is trying to gain sympathy for being "bullied" by another guild.

Edited by ZooMzy

FYI to all of you that thought this was not report worthy we have been told by an ex member of their guild that approached us, that they have received warnings and our last two events have been harassment free!

Although I don't RP myself...that's good to hear.

FYI to all of you that thought this was not report worthy we have been told by an ex member of their guild that approached us, that they have received warnings and our last two events have been harassment free!

Proof that /report DOES WORK in game... regardless of what some claim otherwise. :)

And honestly... on a RP server... this is probably more difficult for CS to review and action. Because from a certain perspective... you were victim of some hard core RP. Plus... you report a guild.. when in reality it is actual players.. and sorting good guild members from RP griefers can be difficult unless CS is live witness to what is happening.

So it makes sense that the result of your /report would be warnings to the other guild to have it's members cease and desist. That sets the stage such that if they persist.. then they can follow-up with the ban-stick and there can be no ambiguity about if there is/is-not an actual RP at play here.

That said.. I disagree with your approach to making forum threads about this topic. Why? Because a thread cannot create any action to address the issue raised.. that can only be done via /report and a review by Bioware. So really.. all these threads do for the most part is provide a stump for forum water-festing.

Edited by Andryah

This sounds like a brilliant idea! A bunch off entrepreneurs over there on your server. Who wants to group up and form a guild on an RP to hold RP events hostage in exchange for ransoms? :D

I'd like to invest in this and be a silent partner.

An open letter to the Begeren Colony RP Community:

For the last month or more, my guild has been the victims of a systematic, premeditated harassment, committed in the name of disgruntled former member of my guild. These actions, committed by the offending guild, are seeking to prevent us from partaking in any form of role-play events. We cannot even have our guild meetings without these thugs deciding it would be a good time to try and ruin the enjoyment we get in the activity.

But before you begin to think these people are acting for any possible noble reason, first consider the fact that they demanded a sum of 3 Million credits to make this spoiling of our events stop.

Why then do we not report them you might ask? Oh but we have, in fact, the guild we reported, even got a response, saying that no action was taken.

Is this truly the kind of activity that people believe is not warranting no further action, a systematic assault on how we enjoy our time in this game, by a group who seeks nothing more than to spoil our fun. Is this really the community that we wish to be nurturing?

Meanwhile we have further confirmation from an alt of one of their members, that they have members in our guild, seeking to reach positions to influence and cause trouble for us.

The man who caused all this said, all he wanted was an apology for being asked to take his off-topic chatter to another channel when it was blocking people who were asking for help. Seriously, this offending guild needs to grow up, they need to stop making the harassment of my guild their ONLY event. Also people need to stop encouraging them to derive their pleasure from ruining ours. It makes for a bad stink for a game that has been doing so well lately in engaging with their members. To the RP community of Begeren Colony, I leave you with this heartfelt request: let your voices be heard, do you want to be victims of this kind behavior? Then join me in imploring for everyone to follow the terms of service to weed out this behavior, this cancer that is growing in the heart of a game that we all do enjoy!

this makes me want to transfer to your server and ruin your rp events too...its a game. let it go.

Just had to read Pagy's post because I wasn't logged in...I see you haven't changed a bit, but then again I wouldn't have expected you to.

Yes, it's a game, but like with any other hobby people invest months of their life and also, in some cases, quite a lot of money in order to get some enjoyment out of it. Let's say your hobby was tuning your car and someone kept slashing your tires or breaking some other vital part of it...would you like that?(I know, another car analogy, but it was the first thing that entered my mind and even you should get the point)

Where is the insult or attack there? All I'm doing is criticizing the person, there isn't a single insult in there.

And you just basically underlined my point again, thanks.

You sling your sentences together as if someone offended you.

Talk about arrogance. Please, all I need to know is that a person is claiming the guild business and attempting to gain pity from others on a matter that CS has deemed too minor to act on. Based on the fact that every action they have listed as a complaint is escapable by /ignore, setting up personal chat channels, and ignoring pixelated characters in a video game, I know this particular affair is a mess that only they can clean up themselves.

the key in the forums is communication. someone seems like they are trolling and then they get attacked, only to counterattack and start a fight.

look at the first underline, i am simply trying to defend the OP because i agree with him. you were not clear in your comments and i had believed you were trolling. all the forum is just text, i cannot tell tone in a bunch of letters as well as the spoken word.

the second underline looks like an attack to me. that is a great way to start a 20 page argument that gets nowhere.

third underline: he is not trying to gain pity, he is trying to let everyone know that there is a problem that needs to be fixed. from what i had interpreted, he wants to fix a problem, not get cradled by the community. people on the forums are mean, and that is not the right place to look for sympathy.

fourth underline: he cannot simply 'ignore' them if there are spies trying to dismantle his guild from the inside. sure, he can ignore the RP disruptors, but how can a guild function if it has to worry about people trying to destroy it from the inside? of course there are people who steal from the bank, wash and repeat. every guild has to deal with those, but all they want is to steal resources. i doubt they could care less about the well being of the guild, they have no intention to destroy it, just to pillage.

a guild needs people to survive, but they cannot recruit anyone when an entire guild is bent on its destruction.

fifth underline: i would never report free speech. if i did not want to talk then i would not do so. you have a right to voice your opinion, and so do i.

this makes me want to transfer to your server and ruin your rp events too...its a game. let it go.

You sound like you are part of the problem, and not the solution. Not sure we need more problems on an RP server in an RPG.

Edited by Superman_AZ

I was not aware YOU were the final word on who could and could not post about a topic related to the game. Maybe they were at their wits end and needed advice with the situation. Your computer chair moderating skills are admirable, but they are unnecessary since the OP violated no posting rules, and updated the thread before leaving it. Maybe, you should work on that Mod complex of yours, and allow people to post their thoughts within the boundaries of the forum rules.

I'm sorry Superman but the OP did in fact break several rules. This thread is reincarnation of two separate threads one that was posted in the CS forums and on the Bergen Colony forum. The one in the CS had screenshots including several names which is a direct violation of forum rules. It was removed. You have only seen this thread so you are actually not in a position to say if he did or did not commit any wrong doing.

But I will say that you passive aggressive attack on another player is also unnecessary. That player simply pointed out that the whole situation is filled with drama and that their are tools to deal with it. One other thing, that is NOT mod complex. That is simply informing of what the necessary tools are.

Why then do we not report them you might ask? Oh but we have, in fact, the guild we reported, even got a response, saying that no action was taken.

This is a lie, if you made a report and no action was taken, BioWare wouldn't tell the people you reported. So they either haven't gotten anything from BioWare, or were warned and are saying BioWare said no action was taken to discourage you from reporting them and having their penalties get worse.

Either way, keep reporting them, posting about it on the forums isn't going to get any resolution for you.

It's a game. But the players are people. "It's a game" doesn't excuse treating the players like crap.

Somebody call the wambulance.

You know the risks when you try to LARP in a game. It's just as uncontrollable and sad in that case as it is in real life.

You're aware what "LARP" means, right? By definition, it's impossible to do in a computer game.

Seriously, though...how silly of them to try to RP in an MMO*****RP*****G. Especially on a designated ****RP SERVER****.