Best Star Wars Novel

SNCommand

Since in another thread we're listing worst novels for the Star Wars expanded universe I thought it would be interesting to see which novels people liked the most, it would also be interesting to know which of the RotJ novels people liked the most considering the new trilogy being made and the post RotJ EU being discarded

Traitor by Matt Stover is probably my personal favorite, although I don't know that I would necessarily consider it the "best" novel in terms of writing or story, it was more a book that happened to hit all the right notes for me personally (although the whole "The Ganner" thing at the end was a bit too over-the-top).

My favorite EU fiction overall was probably the Legacy comic series (including the Legacy: War miniseries, although I haven't read any of Legacy Vol. 2 yet) and that series I would feel comfortable calling the "best" of the comics as well.

My favorite EU fiction overall was probably the Legacy comic series (including the Legacy: War miniseries, although I haven't read any of Legacy Vol. 2 yet) and that series I would feel comfortable calling the "best" of the comics as well.

It's always been weird to me how loved it is because I can't stand the Legacy series, I don't like the main character, I don't like the main villain, and I hate the design of the Sith

Edited by SNCommand

well ive read many novels and books and the best, mm there are a lot id say are good, if i had to pick i loved the bane series and even the njo order series, but to me the best i have read and enjoy was outbound flight and survivors quest if take them together as a form of doulogy.

The Thrawn trilogy, probably the most logical and realistic villain in Star Wars with clearly defined goals and well thought out plans, much more compelling than mustache twirling Sith Lords being rehashed, I simply like a good villain to cheer for without having cringing evil is dumb moments to suffer through.

Darth Maul Shadow Hunter is a favourite of mine to.

Traitor by Matt Stover is probably my personal favorite, although I don't know that I would necessarily consider it the "best" novel in terms of writing or story, it was more a book that happened to hit all the right notes for me personally (although the whole "The Ganner" thing at the end was a bit too over-the-top).

Whaaat? The Ganner is the best thing ever! :cool: