Can we get a WZ/PVP event please?

Ravenschild

Call it Berserk Week (much like Bounty Week) and during it you add the 8v8 rotations into Ranked for that one week per month. As it is Ranked isnt taking off at the pace it should and some of the PVPers prefer tactical/objective based WZ's to the Team Death Match of Arenas. Adding this in (even as a test case) might improve Ranked participation when taken with the shortened season and the rewards. Edited by Ravenschild

Yeah a bit tired of run in and burn one target down play until it is 4 v 1 or 3 v 1. Tactical makes a good game to play cause of the objectives. Some do not want solo ranked especially if they are trophy target on their server's community. I think kill the troll aka arenas have gotten a bit played. I see more and more as soon as they see they are in an arena quit in reg play. This would tell that these same folk do not que for ranked cause of that play style. These same folk though use to be in ranked when it was 8 v 8.

Call it Berserk Week (much like Bounty Week) and during it you add the 8v8 rotations into Ranked for that one week per month. As it is Ranked isnt taking off at the pace it should and some of the PVPers prefer tactical/objective based WZ's to the Team Death Match of Arenas. Adding this in (even as a test case) might improve Ranked participation when taken with the shortened season and the rewards.

Ranked isn't taking off because of the following:

1 - Queue times. People on the internet are impatient and don't like to wait more than .000002 seconds for anything. Ever.

2 - Premades. One of the biggest problems with pvp in the history of pvp is all the premades you encounter. A group of random players simply cannot compete with a group of people who have voip capability that gives them an edge in communication.

3 - Class imbalances. Certain people have no interest in pvp because their class is underpowered in terms of damage or survivability, so they have no reason to queue if they're just going to be singled out and slaughtered again and again and again because of what class they are.

Your idea has some merit, but not everybody is interested in pvp, but even pvpers take part in pve events on this game. So no. I cannot endorse this idea.

Ranked isn't taking off because of the following:

1 - Queue times. People on the internet are impatient and don't like to wait more than .000002 seconds for anything. Ever.

2 - Premades. One of the biggest problems with pvp in the history of pvp is all the premades you encounter. A group of random players simply cannot compete with a group of people who have voip capability that gives them an edge in communication.

3 - Class imbalances. Certain people have no interest in pvp because their class is underpowered in terms of damage or survivability, so they have no reason to queue if they're just going to be singled out and slaughtered again and again and again because of what class they are.

Your idea has some merit, but not everybody is interested in pvp, but even pvpers take part in pve events on this game. So no. I cannot endorse this idea.

1: With 8v8's put back into the rotations queue times might actually drop since the other commenters (like myself) seem to prefer objective based pvp rather than team deathmatch. Note I said lets try it once to see if it improves (thats what a test case is)

2: As to premades you do realize there is a solo queue and a group queue for ranked correct? Trying to sinc queues is possible but its about a 50% chance it will happen at best.

3:Class imbalances matter far more in arenas than in 8v8 objective based pvp because of respawns etc. I have been in regular matches (the only 8v8 pvp there is these days),had the other side out dps and heal my team and still won because of tactics. Admittedly tactics are an art and not a science and there is no going to look up on the internet how to beat scenarios.This is why many call it a constantly evolving puzzle. As to certain classes being farmed constantly in 8v8 play, I have yet to have that happen and I have done pvp on everything but operative/smuggler and a marauder/sentinel and have yet to have my toons be farmed constantly. The people I see getting farmed constantly are those coming in with top end pve gear who do not understand bolster and in the war zone have under 1800 expertise (with top end pve gear it is actually under 1100). This isnt any one class in this situation as I have seen it across the board.

4:Some pvpers do some of the events. Many do not. With having had the gree,the scavenger hunt,the rakghoul resurgence and bounty contracts on top of the night life thing coming up,frankly I do not see the issue of having a pvp event like this. If people do not want to do it great. Thats why I suggested it as a test case. If they do thats great as well. The only way we will know however is if it is attempted.

I hope this has addressed many of the misconceptions you have had concerning my suggestion.

Edited by Ravenschild

1: With 8v8's put back into the rotations queue times might actually drop since the other commenters (like myself) seem to prefer objective based pvp rather than team deathmatch. Note I said lets try it once to see if it improves (thats what a test case is)

2: As to premades you do realize there is a solo queue and a group queue for ranked correct? Trying to sinc queues is possible but its about a 50% chance it will happen at best.

3:Class imbalances matter far more in arenas than in 8v8 objective based pvp because of respawns etc. I have been in regular matches (the only 8v8 pvp there is these days),had the other side out dps and heal my team and still won because of tactics. Admittedly tactics are an art and not a science and there is no going to look up on the internet how to beat scenarios.This is why many call it a constantly evolving puzzle. As to certain classes being farmed constantly in 8v8 play, I have yet to have that happen and I have done pvp on everything but operative/smuggler and a marauder/sentinel and have yet to have my toons be farmed constantly. The people I see getting farmed constantly are those coming in with top end pve gear who do not understand bolster and in the war zone have under 1800 expertise (with top end pve gear it is actually under 1100). This isnt any one class in this situation as I have seen it across the board.

4:Some pvpers do some of the events. Many do not. With having had the gree,the scavenger hunt,the rakghoul resurgence and bounty contracts on top of the night life thing coming up,frankly I do not see the issue of having a pvp event like this. If people do not want to do it great. Thats why I suggested it as a test case. If they do thats great as well. The only way we will know however is if it is attempted.

I hope this has addressed many of the misconceptions you have had concerning my suggestion.

1 - The problem with queue times has more to do with there being no cross-realm queues for pvp and gsf, rather than a lack of interest by players. Early morning hours or late night hours you won't see people queue up because they know they'll just be sitting in queue for an hour to play one match. At that point there's no fun in it.

2 - Solo vs. Group queue match does nothing to solve the problem when people who are friends will solo (or in the case of having multiple groups) queue together by getting on voip servers and joining the queue simultaneously so that they can still play together.

3 - Class imbalances effect pvp in general. Period. I play a commando in pvp and it doesn't matter if it's arena or a warzone, there are those classes and specs that people will pounce on if they're perceived to be a threat, or if they're an easy target that will go down fast. Gear has nothing to do with it because even in Obroan or better gear, I still go down because some classes just have no defensive/survival capabilty.

4 - PvPers may not partake of in-game events, but that is their choice. You're operating under the assumption that a pvp event will convince people who are normally pve-focused to queue up for pvp more, which isn't the case. A lot of people who don't pvp don't do so for a reason, namely it has to do with the fact that they don't like being stomped by people who do nothing but pvp that will just run around trying to rack up the highest kill count.

I'm not opposed to your idea, I'm just telling you it's a waste of time because it won't take off the way you think it will. Even if it did work, people won't stick around for pvp like you're hoping they will after the event is over. What pvp needs is comprehensive, objective overhauling to make it more appealing for people and it's not getting it.

1 - The problem with queue times has more to do with there being no cross-realm queues for pvp and gsf, rather than a lack of interest by players. Early morning hours or late night hours you won't see people queue up because they know they'll just be sitting in queue for an hour to play one match. At that point there's no fun in it.

2 - Solo vs. Group queue match does nothing to solve the problem when people who are friends will solo (or in the case of having multiple groups) queue together by getting on voip servers and joining the queue simultaneously so that they can still play together.

3 - Class imbalances effect pvp in general. Period. I play a commando in pvp and it doesn't matter if it's arena or a warzone, there are those classes and specs that people will pounce on if they're perceived to be a threat, or if they're an easy target that will go down fast. Gear has nothing to do with it because even in Obroan or better gear, I still go down because some classes just have no defensive/survival capabilty.

4 - PvPers may not partake of in-game events, but that is their choice. You're operating under the assumption that a pvp event will convince people who are normally pve-focused to queue up for pvp more, which isn't the case. A lot of people who don't pvp don't do so for a reason, namely it has to do with the fact that they don't like being stomped by people who do nothing but pvp that will just run around trying to rack up the highest kill count.

I'm not opposed to your idea, I'm just telling you it's a waste of time because it won't take off the way you think it will. Even if it did work, people won't stick around for pvp like you're hoping they will after the event is over. What pvp needs is comprehensive, objective overhauling to make it more appealing for people and it's not getting it.

1:Late night or early morning there are typically very few people on. At least on BC (which is one of the 2 servers with the highest population for the US servers) of course there are not going to be pops for wz's. Pops on BC start happening at about 10-11am and continue til about 1-2am or so. Admittedly imp side tends to stay on later and so late night it tends to be imp v imp. I am actually surprised you feel that at times when there are under 40 people on fleet that ques will happen more frequently than what you said for 55 pvp.

2:Sinc queing is what you described and I addressed it before you even stated that point in your response. When you see people queue solo and drop often thats because it has failed.

3:I honestly do not get this. My first toon was a commando that I still pvp with til this day and in fact offered you a suggestion on set up (my set up on my commando and my merc to be exact) and how to use certain abilities with commando/merc that will help in your post on commando survivability. Honestly I have no problem with doing between 360-800k per match dps and over 90k heals with 10 medals with the set up I use. I am also however augmented and I do not know if you are. Gear does matter in 55. Specifically augments because bolster doesnt bolster people as if they had them. This is another 2800 health and a decent amount added to damage if you balance it out with mainstat and power (depending on how you set the rest of your gear...that matters too). Do some classes give commando/merc a difficult time? Absolutely. On the other hand if one knows what they are doing we give some classes a difficult time as well. Knowing how to set your gear up stat wise matters far more than most realize. Its like going into a formal duel and not knowing how to handle the rapier you are handed effectively.

4: Actually I am focusing far more on the people that preferred objective based pvp and do not do ranked because arenas are basically numbers crunching rather than tactics. As to the pve people? Several people on my server at least are leaving pve for pvp. They arent too good at it yet,but if people try to help them rather than mock them it does change their outlook.

If they flood in for the event because the 8v8's are back in ranked and then leave,this shows the devs that it might be a wise idea to continue this event. If it keeps happening then they will either keep the event going 1 week a month or put 8v8's back into ranked rotations. Win/win in most peoples books.

From what I can see there is a problem with is that people that pvp and pve do not have a clear understanding that there is balance in the game but it is class to class balance. If you want a Warrior to be on Par with a Knight it isn't going to happen the way you think. Some classes have the balance counter to another class. A smuggler isn't going to be the same as you feel an agent is even though they basically seem to be the same class, they are not. This is why people need to go on the PTS at a constant to test thing more and more.

You have those professions in a class that are Kinetic based and then you have those that are Energy based, and then you have those that are based between the both or better to say elemental damage. Let's help look at things a bit better. You go in as a Sage you are Kinetic based in damage along with you DoTs elementals which seem to be based off heat and your defense being kinetic. The Sorc has Energy based damage along with his DoTs elementals based off acid and his defense being energy. This fight if both are yoked equally in gear will be decided off the proc ability. energy negates damage and kinetic ups your damage. Acid crits constantly and heat allows damage to sustain. The Sage isn't getting off enough damage to beat out the Sorc because the Sorc is constantly criting. Though you can argue that the Sorc is having a hard time getting through the Sage's kinetic defense and you be right if it wasn't for the acid allowing for the crits. Only about 33% is being stopped and the rest getting through. You also can argue the steady damage from the heat DoT would get through the energy defense of the Sorc and you be wrong as heat is energy based damager. So now you are faced with main based damage kinetic boost energy heat DoT vs defense energy negates and damage negates energy acid crit DoT vs kinetic defense. So basically your kin dam is getting through enough but it is also being negated while the Sorc is criting and getting dam through you kin def.

What do you do to counter this? Pick a profession that is able to counter what the Sorc is able to do or up your kin dam by using Kinetic based weapons (Vibro sword ) instead of an Energy weapon (lightsaber). Doing this can get you pass the 33% negates but if you are equal in gear it is to be seen the Sorc can up their's as well so countering with a sentinel would be better cause of the constant ability to put out high end DoT bleed outs from your energy defense and then to use your kin dam to put the Sorc down and there is the balance. It is in counter classes and not the mirror class. I am sure more people are tired of seeing absorb absorb absorb.

The problem there is between those that get PvP fully and those that are still learning it. Doesn't mean L2P it means it takes time to understand. This is better for tactical pvp 8 man or 4 man. The death match just allows you to go in with counter classes based off a premade that is made to get away from most stun roots and are made to fight for counter balance. This is making pvp unattractive. The better thing would be to bring back the tactical ranked as you will be able to have enough in your group to respond tactically to the other team's threat.

Edited by MasterKore